The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

i wonder if its genuine and not an error? bundling up a load of glass could save a shed loads.
I think you can only buy one lens per body at the discount price. Mind you if you in the market for a pair of XH-1 a 16-55 and the 90mm for £2500 is very tempting. Unless of course it's a pricing area and they are out of stock as well.

MCEX-16 arrived today (looks brand new), so strapped it on to the 80mm for a quick test, and damn this thing gets in close :eek:

T2 80mm + MCEX-16 @ f2.8
Inside Nature by Paulie-W, on Flickr

Very nice macro Fujigraph, looks good to me, nicely composed with good detail.

George.

On the X-H1 at B&H, people on DPR forums saying they had to wait up to 4 weeks for theirs as they are back ordered, strange then that they're doing another deal. Is there small print on there stating you would be in for a long wait? That deal with the 16-55 is a cracker if it's not a mistake $199 for their best short zoom?? Even if you didn't want the lens you could ebay it off over here for £600 as new.

Sony’s all gone. Fuji’s arriving tomorrow as long as DPD can deliver before I go out in the afternoon!

That’s a “RESULT” in my book, “ENJOY”

George.

Got my Fujfilm Professional Services welcome letter and card in the post today. Not bad, and a nice surprise, since I’d never heard of it and wasn’t aware I’d signed up for it. :p They must have realised that I briefly owned an XPro1 years back and the recent X-T2 and lenses meant I’d registered enough gear. I doubt I’ll pay for it when the freebie period is up but having a free MOT on two bits of gear is an offer worth taking up. (y)

Got my Fujfilm Professional Services welcome letter and card in the post today. Not bad, and a nice surprise, since I’d never heard of it and wasn’t aware I’d signed up for it. :p They must have realised that I briefly owned an XPro1 years back and the recent X-T2 and lenses meant I’d registered enough gear. I doubt I’ll pay for it when the freebie period is up but having a free MOT on two bits of gear is an offer worth taking up. (y)

Handy for free though, sent a lens in the other week free postage both ways :).

finally she came home from school with Bobby Bear.
x-h1 and 56mm apd

my bear by Jonathan Howes, on Flickr
WOOW Jon,

Such an excellent capture -- that's one of the BEST portraits I've ever seen, stunning photography Sir. You should have that Professionally printed large size and displayed proudly on a wall.

Fab--You--Lous

Regards;
Peter

Well, good news, Nikon have nothing on the X-H1 ... the new Z50 looks as bland as expected, no IBIS, seems to be basically a ML D7500. The only reason I can see anyone choosing it over an XT3 even is if they're already heavily invested in Nikon DX lenses.

WOOW Jon,

Such an excellent capture -- that's one of the BEST portraits I've ever seen, stunning photography Sir. You should have that Professionally printed large size and displayed proudly on a wall.

Fab--You--Lous

Regards;
Peter

wow thanks for the generous feedback Peter. (y)(y)

Well, good news, Nikon have nothing on the X-H1 ... the new Z50 looks as bland as expected, no IBIS, seems to be basically a ML D7500. The only reason I can see anyone choosing it over an XT3 even is if they're already heavily invested in Nikon DX lenses.

saw this this morning and although its underwhelming to say the least, it isn't really a surprise.
Adorable :) Also I'm really starting to want this lens! I like the 50F2, but 1.2 sounds a little better

get one. they rock. super sharp wide open with dreamy, creamy bokeh.

saw this this morning and although its underwhelming to say the least, it isn't really a surprise.

get one. they rock. super sharp wide open with dreamy, creamy bokeh.

I'd have to sell the 50 first and add some funds, maybe keep an eye for another 20% deal on CJ, but it's not a bad plan

theres one for £720 on MPB but thats a bit pricey

It's not worth double the 50mm to me so I would wait until one came up much lower than that. The 50mm is a great little lens and has advantages of its own, like wr, closer focusing and speed. I wonder how often I would actually use 1.2 also. There is a 56mm 1.4 incoming from viltrox too that's expected to go for less around 300 so will keep an eye on that too.

It's not worth double the 50mm to me so I would wait until one came up much lower than that. The 50mm is a great little lens and has advantages of its own, like wr, closer focusing and speed. I wonder how often I would actually use 1.2 also. There is a 56mm 1.4 incoming from viltrox too that's expected to go for less around 300 so will keep an eye on that too.

Very keen to see those Viltrox options, especially the 23mm

Back