The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Very keen to see those Viltrox options, especially the 23mm

People seem to really like their 85mm 1.8. I've been tempted to switch out the 50mm for that one, but the filter thread doesn't suit what I'd like, to use it as a side macro option with the Raynox. 67mm is the max that will clip onto without a step down ring [from 72mm] and I can't find out anywhere if there would be vignetting with a step down attached to the 85

I think the new Viltrox trio are due in December, no rush anyway, I'm using the 50mm regular and I do like it. it's a decent lens as I say, another pro for it is I haven't noticed any signs of CA wide open, and it is very sharp even at F2. Sharper than the 35mm and from what I hear the 23mm, certainly better for close ups than those [wide open] Of course no one lens is perfect, I'd like if it focused a little closer and obviously 1.4 or 1.2 is always going to be that bit more attractive for certain types of image.

Last edited:
People seem to really like their 85mm 1.8. I've been tempted to switch out the 50mm for that one, but the filter thread doesn't suit what I'd like, to use it as a side macro option with the Raynox. 67mm is the max that will clip onto without a step down ring [from 72mm] and I can't find out anywhere if there would be vignetting with a step down attached to the 85

I think the new Viltrox trio are due in December, no rush anyway, I'm using the 50mm regular and I do like it. it's a decent lens as I say, another pro for it is I haven't noticed any signs of CA wide open, and it is very sharp even at F2. Sharper than the 35mm and from what I hear the 23mm, certainly better for close ups than those [wide open] Of course no one lens is perfect, I'd like if it focused a little closer and obviously 1.4 or 1.2 is always going to be that bit more attractive for certain types of image.

i did consider the 85 but the 90mm is possibly my all time favourite lens. And its so, so good on the x-h1

i did consider the 85 but the 90mm is possibly my all time favourite lens. And its so, so good on the x-h1

The 90mm would be ideal as a macro, it has the right filter thread I'd need and by default it focuses closer too so should offer a little more magnification using the raynox. But, like always, it's out of my reach right now. I'm lucky to have what I got tbh. But , some day :)

The 90mm would be ideal as a macro, it has the right filter thread I'd need and by default it focuses closer too so should offer a little more magnification using the raynox. But, like always, it's out of my reach right now. I'm lucky to have what I got tbh. But , some day :)

Considered a used sigma 105? Works well adapted.

So the H1 and various glass arrived today. What’s every bodies non oem battery choice these days? Anything changed since Xpro white?

WOOW Jon,

Such an excellent capture -- that's one of the BEST portraits I've ever seen, stunning photography Sir. You should have that Professionally printed large size and displayed proudly on a wall.

Fab--You--Lous

Regards;
Peter

:agree: Totally :)

So the H1 and various glass arrived today. What’s every bodies non oem battery choice these days? Anything changed since Xpro white?
I’m using an Xpro white on my X-T2.

Still Xpro white for me.

George.

One from a weekend in Hull, Hepworth Arcade.

Hepworth Arcade by Graham Norton, on Flickr

With what seems to be my go to combo lately XT-30 and the 23mm f2
Love this Graham!!

The high iso adds a slight gritty effect, and the detail in the roof is superb. Great skills Sir.

Peter

From last weekend's trip to the Midlands for my cousin's birthday lunch at the lovely Chateau Impney in Droitwich. A couple from the blue hour on a dull Saturday evening, then some from the gorgeous sunny Sunday morning

Chateau Impney II by Ian, on Flickr

Chateau Impney I by Ian, on Flickr

Chateau Impney IV by Ian, on Flickr

Chateau Impney V by Ian, on Flickr

Chateau Impney III by Ian, on Flickr

X-T2 and 14mm for the blue hour ones, X-T2 and Canon 35mm tilt-shift for the sunny ones. Thanks for looking

Last edited:
X-E1 showed up today. Charged the battery and set the menus etc up but too many 12 hour shifts this week have taken their toll so no energy to take pics. Day off tomorrow so I think a mooch around town with the 35mm and camera is called for. Camera very cute though and feels comfortable to handle. Found an old Footprint wrist strap I’d forgotten about as well. Reckon that’ll look nice on the camera.

X-E1 showed up today. Charged the battery and set the menus etc up but too many 12 hour shifts this week have taken their toll so no energy to take pics. Day off tomorrow so I think a mooch around town with the 35mm and camera is called for. Camera very cute though and feels comfortable to handle. Found an old Footprint wrist strap I’d forgotten about as well. Reckon that’ll look nice on the camera.
Excellent Jason, my X-E1 body should be with me late next week etc, I also have a Footprint wrist strap ready to attach........ looking forward to attaching the XF27 to it for stealth mode.
We must have similar jobs as I've just finished a row of five 12hr nightshifs myself.

Peter

Last edited:
So, something I'm playing with at the minute..

I think I need to play around with the lighting, but I like the content, and maybe need to bring the camera closer but higher, so it looks down on it a bit more....

Any comments???

DSCF0579 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Superb colours. Nice layout.

So it seems the eye af on the H1 is pretty much non existent. I’ve tried all sorts of permutations and it’s missing the eye 90% of the time. Finds the face ok, but seems more attracted to noses than eyes. Looks like it’ll have to go back to MPB.

So it seems the eye af on the H1 is pretty much non existent. I’ve tried all sorts of permutations and it’s missing the eye 90% of the time. Finds the face ok, but seems more attracted to noses than eyes. Looks like it’ll have to go back to MPB.

Might be worth checking firmware version first.

You probably already know this but it's not continuous eye af, so only really usable on non people.

It's a shame that it doesn't have the same ability as the T3 in this respect, I wonder if this is a hardware limitation or if a firmware update in the future could improve this.

Damn. I've been toying with the idea of an X-T3 from E-Infinity all week.... and I'd almost rationalised myself out of it....

Then this comes along, even a refurb is 10p more than a brand new grey.

I suspect this is going to be an expensive weekend! :ROFLMAO:

Yeah I found eye AF alright, but I did only test for casual portraits, it's not something I need in general. Usually have Face or eye detect off and just use single point, the smallest possible mostly. Depends on your needs really. Is eye-AF more important to you than IBIS? then an XT3 will do the job better for you

Last edited:
Back