The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Damn.. just missed out on a fuji 14mm f/2.8 going silly cheap on eBay. Was too busy eating chicken wings and missed it.
I’m desperate for a nice autofocus prime, all my lenses are manual bar the elcheapo 16-50mm

Damn.. just missed out on a fuji 14mm f/2.8 going silly cheap on eBay. Was too busy eating chicken wings and missed it.
I’m desperate for a nice autofocus prime, all my lenses are manual bar the elcheapo 16-50mm
Chicken wings more important than a lens??:exit::tumbleweed::naughty:

How much was it? Camera Jungle often have them during a 20% sale, have seen them on there for as low as £350 after discount

How much was it? Camera Jungle often have them during a 20% sale, have seen them on there for as low as £350 after discount

It sold for £251!

i wonder if it it’ll get “accidentally broken” like most stuff does on eBay that sells cheap.

It sold for £251!

i wonder if it it’ll get “accidentally broken” like most stuff does on eBay that sells cheap.

That is cheap enough for me to be wary for sure. I just can't bring myself to trust buying gear on there, think I'd rather pay the extra to have a bit of insurance with one of the official used camera sites, just wait on sales

That is cheap enough for me to be wary for sure. I just can't bring myself to trust buying gear on there, think I'd rather pay the extra to have a bit of insurance with one of the official used camera sites, just wait on sales

Interestingly I bought my X-Pro 1 by putting in a (what I thought) ridiculously low offer of £160 - it was accepted and I now have a near mint X-Pro 1 ! So, there are some bargains to be had from honest users.

Interestingly I bought my X-Pro 1 by putting in a (what I thought) ridiculously low offer of £160 - it was accepted and I now have a near mint X-Pro 1 ! So, there are some bargains to be had from honest users.

I've bought plenty on there but mostly small things like adapters or vintage lenses, but I'd just be wary of pricier gear. We've all read the horror stories. Of course mostly you'll have no issues but there'll be that one time.

I've bought plenty on there but mostly small things like adapters or vintage lenses, but I'd just be wary of pricier gear. We've all read the horror stories. Of course mostly you'll have no issues but there'll be that one time.
I rarely bid on anything photography related on there now, I buy the odd thing as a buy it now if it is new.

I've had some very good buys recently. xe2 and xt1 well below usual prices.

I've found with Fuji gear it is quite sensitive to how it's advertised. Some people put Fuji, others Fujifilm. That can make the difference between it being seen by a lot or a few. Some put xe2, others x-e2 or even xe-2. Even better are lenses titled fujinon, they get no where near as many bids or views.

Another example is an XC50-230 lens that i just bought (received this morning actually), from a foreign seller (a shop not an individual) - brand new, boxed, with manual and still wrapped for £102; I consider that to be an absolute bargain!

It gets very good reviews, even though it is in the cheaper range of fujinon lenses, but I now know that even a 'lower end' XC lens will give me fantastic images.

very pleased.

Last edited:
I've had some very good buys recently. xe2 and xt1 well below usual prices.

I've found with Fuji gear it is quite sensitive to how it's advertised. Some people put Fuji, others Fujifilm. That can make the difference between it being seen by a lot or a few. Some put xe2, others x-e2 or even xe-2. Even better are lenses titled fujinon, they get no where near as many bids or views.
They might now :)

Just rattling the cage really... from a good few posts back in this very thread there are often some Fuji images coming through that are so amazing that simply hitting “like” does not seem to be enough appreciation...

I originally thought I might lure the Big M out of his Fortress of Solitude to descend into the dust of the arena...

OK, really going a bit OTT here but hey, in for a penny in for a pound, right?
:LOL:
To be perfectly honest, I don't think the forum software would allow that type of "button"
Even the "Like" button is a form of contention around the site staff ;)

Besides there are some pretty phenomenal images around the rest of the forum too, you know,
yes that's right there are other forums / sub forums right here on TP :D

:LOL:
To be perfectly honest, I don't think the forum software would allow that type of "button"
Even the "Like" button is a form of contention around the site staff ;)

Besides there are some pretty phenomenal images around the rest of the forum too, you know,
What are these other forums you speak of? :D

What are these other forums you speak of? :D
:p

Many there are to choose from (y)
(16 main categories and that doesn't include the "challenges" forums)

And yet you'd be surprised how many long standing members have NEVER posted an image in any of them !

There is??:runaway::ROFLMAO::exit:

Many there are to choose from (y)
(16 main categories and that doesn't include the "challenges" forums)

And yet you'd be surprised how many long standing members have NEVER posted an image in any of them !

And their was me thinking, it was only the weekly 52 and Fuji thread :D
As I could class myself as a long standing member I think I might actually start to post in other threads as that is how we learn.

as a long standing member I think I might actually start to post in other threads as that is how we learn.
Yep there is even a beginners section Dave (y)

I`ve just posted a shot and it`s not in the two main threads I use :)
Its a start Dave (y) :D

TBH most people do tend to stick to posting images in only 2 or 3 image threads, not including the "gear specific" threads.
And I'm just as guilty as the next slitherer

TBH most people do tend to stick to posting images in only 2 or 3 image threads, not including the "gear specific" threads.

At the moment I have two main subjects in my photography, rain day it is pocket watches or some form of Still Life or Jazz but then in the summer months or once the sun stays out then it could be anything.

At the moment I have two main subjects in my photography, rain day it is pocket watches or some form of Still Life or Jazz but then in the summer months or once the sun stays out then it could be anything.
Outdoor jazz?

Just having a quick look through my Flickr and every other shot is either a jazz shot or pocket watch, so I think I need to have a real good think on getting my self some different subjects in and around town and only do some evening jazz. At the moment though I just have to wait for all the rain to clear off.

A fine Gentleman is he who can admit his guilt...;):naughty:

Just having a quick look through my Flickr and every other shot is either a jazz shot or pocket watch, so I think I need to have a real good think on getting my self some different subjects in and around town and only do some evening jazz. At the moment though I just have to wait for all the rain to clear off.

If you're in Brighton, you need to be taking some sea scapes, some can be breathtaking.... That's the one thing about our move to Wiltshire, it's land locked... We were considering North Somerset at one point, that would have given way to the sea, but you didn't get so much for your money....

If you're in Brighton, you need to be taking some sea scapes, some can be breathtaking.... That's the one thing about our move to Wiltshire, it's land locked... We were considering North Somerset at one point, that would have given way to the sea, but you didn't get so much for your money....

He could photograph the old dilapidated pier.. pretty sure no one has ever shot that before.

Or a couple when me and a mate nearly drowned saving a little girl, it`s one reason why I don`t go near the water now. All Fuji.

Stormy Brighton by Dave, on Flickr

Stormy Waters by Dave, on Flickr

West Pier by Dave, on Flickr

Stormy by Dave, on Flickr

I was soaking wet when I took these, but that`s because I was in the water pulling a girl out then I came home.

One from the gallery on TP, Susie with the 56mm.

full

So how good optically is the cheap 50-200 or the 50-230? Would be just used for landscapes so mainly at f8 ish.

I have the 50-140 which I do like but a lighter telephoto would be nice for when Im planning to do a lot of walking/hiking. The other option would be the 55-200 but I cant really justify having both the 50-140 and the 55-200 and for some other stuff I do I find the f2.8 on the 55-140 is really handy.

So how good optically is the cheap 50-200 or the 50-230? Would be just used for landscapes so mainly at f8 ish.

I have the 50-140 which I do like but a lighter telephoto would be nice for when Im planning to do a lot of walking/hiking. The other option would be the 55-200 but I cant really justify having both the 50-140 and the 55-200 and for some other stuff I do I find the f2.8 on the 55-140 is really handy.

Graham, its pretty good, and well worth the £100-£125 they typically go for, build feels very lightweight, but IQ is very decent. Its much lighter than the other options.

Graham, its pretty good, and well worth the £100-£125 they typically go for, build feels very lightweight, but IQ is very decent. Its much lighter than the other options.

Cheers David I am very tempted would I notice that much difference between them and either the 50-140 or the 55-200 at the f8/f11 mark in your opinion?

Back