The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I had the X-T1 for a while and sold all my kit a couple of years ago. I'm now thinking of re-joining the Fuji gang again.
Question is, I've been offered the X-T20 with the 18-55mm f2.8 lens for £400, I've been told it's in mint condition and comes boxed with everything. I'm not up with the prices at the moment so I'm not sure if it's a good, bad or average deal?
Can anyone enlighten me please?

I had the X-T1 for a while and sold all my kit a couple of years ago. I'm now thinking of re-joining the Fuji gang again.
Question is, I've been offered the X-T20 with the 18-55mm f2.8 lens for £400, I've been told it's in mint condition and comes boxed with everything. I'm not up with the prices at the moment so I'm not sure if it's a good, bad or average deal?

Looking at used prices at MPB and WEX, it looks a good deal. If you get a warranty of any kind then I’d say it’s a no-brainer.

The 18-55mm is f2.8 - f4. It's not f2.8

The 18-55mm is f2.8 - f4. It's not f2.8
Yes I know thanks, I've had one in the past. It's a great lens and I know what it's capable of and it's limitations, it's the private sale prices I'm unsure of, ebay are OTT and dealers are always going to be more. If it's just an average deal I'll give it a miss. It's not a need it's more of a want/impulse buy.

Playing around with my toys again ... This is a blast from the past (if anyone can remember it) :)

T2 80mm @ f22 and a lot of PS ;)
Fireball by Paulie-W, on Flickr

”Excellent” Fujigraph, not quite sure how you’ve done it, but its very effective and well presented.

George.

Seems like a very good deal. Xt20s are selling on eBay for £250-£350 body only.
18-55 about £200-300.
Just saw a used xt20 and 18-55 together sell for over £500, another earlier this month went for a few quid shy of £600

”Excellent” Fujigraph, not quite sure how you’ve done it, but its very effective and well presented.

George.

Thank you, George.
I made the planet (one layer), ship (one layer), starfield, nebula (two layers), and a fair bit of blending and blur :)

This was my childhood!! Great job also :)

Cheers, Nick (y)

Popped over to Eltham Palace this morning, as it has been one of those, on your doorstep, but never got there places ... I`ll be back in spring/summer though, for sure.

T2 23mm f5.6 iso200
House and Garden by Paulie-W, on Flickr

T2 14mm f5.6 iso1000
Art Deco by Paulie-W, on Flickr

Really had to scramble for this one - when I glanced to the right (mid conversation with a friendly passer-by with an interest in photography) and saw the two swans coming down the channel, I had ten seconds if that to get the camera off the tripod, and adjust the ISO, aperture and shutter speed for a moving rather than stationary subject (this was after sunset and pretty gloomy). In retrospect, I should probably have sacrificed depth of field for a slightly faster shutter, but at least I got something...

Choices
by David Hallett, on Flickr

Back