The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Godox TT350 great introduction to the Godox system if you get more into flash work at some future date

Last edited:
I got the X-T20 today and very happy with it but now have a bit of a dilemma. I always shoot RAW and my preferred editing software is photoshop CS6 which was originally very expensive and I have spent a lot of time and effort learning it only to discover that the fuji RAW files are not supported and the CS6 RAW editor cannot be updated to get support.
So, what do I do now. Just shoot in jpeg or spend another fortune to get some other software that supports the fuji RAF files? Bearing in mind I've tried nearly all the free trials of other software and just cannot get get on with them.
What do other people use?
My excitement of getting a new camera is now tainted because of the above. GUTTED is how I could describe the way I feel at the moment.

I got the X-T20 today and very happy with it but now have a bit of a dilemma. I always shoot RAW and my preferred editing software is photoshop CS6 which was originally very expensive and I have spent a lot of time and effort learning it only to discover that the fuji RAW files are not supported and the CS6 RAW editor cannot be updated to get support.
So, what do I do now. Just shoot in jpeg or spend another fortune to get some other software that supports the fuji RAF files? Bearing in mind I've tried nearly all the free trials of other software and just cannot get get on with them.
My excitement of getting a new camera is now tainted because of the above. GUTTED is how I could describe the way I feel at the moment.

Download the free Fuji express version of capture one.

The jpegs are so good you won't need to process raw files :)

Find the Adobe DNG converter into the Adobe website, it’s free, you can use it to convert the Fuji RAWS to DNG which you can then import into CS6

Plenty of options available the free one is good from Capture one or even adobe dng as already mentioned
I went for a perpetual license from Capture one after trying the Fuji expess free version

Last edited:
Isn't this an issue you will come across with new cameras, older versions of Adobe are no longer compatible with RAW files from newer cameras?

Check this out

View: https://youtu.be/sc-l0BacsWY

I`ve started to use C1 express for my raws, same adjustments as I did in ACR, then go to image>edit in>photoshop. Photoshop launches, and away you go :)

The best FREE one imo is Rawtherapee, it`s a hell of a learning curve but worth trying out plus with Darktable too which is Free.

The best FREE one imo is Rawtherapee, it`s a hell of a learning curve but worth trying out plus with Darktable too which is Free.
I'm a fan of the Iridient X-transformer plugin, and while I'm not sure whether it runs from LR6 as a plugin, I'm pretty sure you could run it standalone to convert all your RAF files to DNGs (go make a cup of tea) and then import the DNGs into LR. Costs about 30 quid IIRC.

Joined the Fuji gang this morning! Picked up an X-T2 body in the John Lewis sale, having been away from photography for about 3 years when I sold my Nikon gear.

Being a Fuji virgin, and having zero lenses at present, anything in the 24-140mm range to get me started? Any good third party alternatives worth considering? I’ve still got a couple of Nikon lenses lying around, are the adapters any good?

Thanks! I’ll now get to reading all 1300 pages of this thread.

Joined the Fuji gang this morning! Picked up an X-T2 body in the John Lewis sale, having been away from photography for about 3 years when I sold my Nikon gear.

Being a Fuji virgin, and having zero lenses at present, anything in the 24-140mm range to get me started? Any good third party alternatives worth considering? I’ve still got a couple of Nikon lenses lying around, are the adapters any good?

Welcome to the mad house :D
I love my T2 (moved from Nikon). As for lenses, I`ve always liked primes, but to get you started, the standard kit lens is supposed to be good, as is the new 16-80 f4. Have a look at the Fuji refurb store. A lot will obviously depend on budget and what you shoot though :)
https://shop.fujifilm.co.uk/lenses/refurbished-lenses?p=1

That’s a positive “Result” in my book, congrat’s & “ENJOY”.

George.

Welcome to the mad house :D
I love my T2 (moved from Nikon). As for lenses, I`ve always liked primes, but to get you started, the standard kit lens is supposed to be good, as is the new 16-80 f4. Have a look at the Fuji refurb store. A lot will obviously depend on budget and what you shoot though :)
https://shop.fujifilm.co.uk/lenses/refurbished-lenses?p=1
Cheers, will have a look at the kit lens - hopefully there’ll be a few knocking about.

The xc range is cheap and cheerful, build quality is lower than xf but I understand the internals are the same, no aperture ring but as I am used to ef lenses that's no issue.

Straight on camera at the moment, but turned the power down.
It's definitely worth getting it off camera, do you have a trigger? I think that shot could use a little more flash power to give the flowers a little more pop. But maybe the more subdued look is what you were after.

Back