The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

After reading through recent posts in this thread, I am wondering if I could be tempted to get another Fuji.

Of course you can, I have 4....

Spooky.

Just as I log into this thread, Fuji have emailed me (another) voucher for 150 quid off selected lenses. Dunno if it's a new deal, I lose track of the Fuji offers, but if you are a Connect member and looking to buy any of the below then check your emails!

56/1.2
80mm Macro
200mm/f2 w TC
8-16/f2.8
16-55/f2.8
50-140/f2.8
100-400

Spooky.

Just as I log into this thread, Fuji have emailed me (another) voucher for 150 quid off selected lenses. Dunno if it's a new deal, I lose track of the Fuji offers, but if you are a Connect member and looking to buy any of the below then check your emails!

56/1.2
80mm Macro
200mm/f2 w TC
8-16/f2.8
16-55/f2.8
50-140/f2.8
100-400
I’m pretty sure it is a new one - I got it too, after using the £100 voucher last week! Fortunately the lens I used it on wasn’t on the new list!

Having spent the afternoon Googlin' I've learned it's pretty much Fuji glass, or Fuji glass. Which is fine, was just used to having access to Tamron and Sigma, so was just wondering if Fuji was the same - matters not for now.
If you had Canon lenses then the Fringer adapter is okay, but to be honest I prefer to use Fuji Lenses over adapting my old Canon L glass.

Back to the 55-200... sorry I am a ditherer. I am still looking to possibly getting this after your recommendations, but see it is becoming quite an old lens now. Shall I just go ahead and get it or do you think there is a version II on the horizon? (Or maybe in its perfection it just doesn’t need an upgrade).

Please make my decision for me ;)

Back to the 55-200... sorry I am a ditherer. I am still looking to possibly getting this after your recommendations, but see it is becoming quite an old lens now. Shall I just go ahead and get it or do you think there is a version II on the horizon? (Or maybe in its perfection it just doesn’t need an upgrade).

I think I'm right in saying that no XF lens has been 'upgraded' to a Mk2 (only XC lenses), there has been long term rumours of a Mk2 XF35mmF1.4, but I suspect that the rumoured forthcoming XF33mmF1.0 will stop that!

I’m really pleased with mine! You have missed the £100 off that finished yesterday though.

I have sinilar

, but more basic plans for this year. Did the case come with the foam?
Yeah it came with it, horrible stuff when plucking it out, the static sticks to everything. .

Thanks, I think I will stick with my original plan of sticky backed felt, as it is only for storage at home.

Thanks, I think I will stick with my original plan of sticky backed felt, as it is only for storage at home.
Mine is so I can keep some kit in my car, so mostly it will have the XP2 and a couple of primes in there. I wanted a hard case rather than just a camera bag in there. For about £70 I thought it was worth a try, Im pretty happy with it. :)

@c22w1 .....Chris at that price I'm assuming it's manual focus?

That's some Bargin then (y)

Last edited:
@Mr Perceptive ... Cracking set David, close between 1 & 2, if pushed would go for number 2.

Very nice, clearly the treatment will be something that could be a little Marmite, but for me it makes them all the more interesting. That is somewhere I am going to have to visit at some point :)
@Mr Perceptive ... Cracking set David, close between 1 & 2, if pushed would go for number 2.
Great stuff, mate. Love the processing in these (and other ones) (y)
Really like the processing on these. Is it your own ’special sauce’? Being a post processing numptie I would love to get some pointers on how to achieve a similar look. I’ve tried many different editors but don’t seem to have the knack (or patience) to become proficient!

Thanks!

Really like the processing on these. Is it your own ’special sauce’? Being a post processing numptie I would love to get some pointers on how to achieve a similar look. I’ve tried many different editors but don’t seem to have the knack (or patience) to become proficient!

With the exception of the black bars (Photoshop) they were all done in Lightroom (yes I should be burned at the stake because I don't use Capture One :D).

I import the image, perform base adjustments as required, then crop to 2.35:1, I then apply a self modified Cinematic Preset that I've had for some time, I don't even know where it came from, tweak image further if I feel it doesn't look how I envisage, then export to Photoshop, add black bars, and then return to Lightroom for export.

There are plenty of free Effects presets out there for Lightroom (and paid ones), I worked my way through one of those to understand what all the sliders were doing, the main areas of adjustment are in the Colour Calibration, split toning, and on the curves (to crush the blacks). Its not to everyones taste though!

I have recently started a new project focussed on street and city photography. My day job is working in weddings and portraiture and Feel that this new project will help me improve on certain aspects of my skillset that are severely lacking. I have trips to Washington DC and New York in the next few weeks and am currently planning my trips later in the year based on this project (thinking maybe nashville). The website for this project is www.3291project.com and I have already begun creating a few boards of previous trips' images. Very excited to crack on with this, and it is very much spurred on by my fairly recent switch from Canon to Fuji.

This was shot on an XT2 with the 18mm prime back in 2017

3291-0061.jpg

Last edited:
I have recently started a new project focussed on street and city photography. My day job is working in weddings and portraiture and Feel that this new project will help me improve on certain aspects of my skillset that are severely lacking. I have trips to Washington DC and New York in the next few weeks and am currently planning my trips later in the year based on this project (thinking maybe nashville). The website for this project is www.3291project.com and I have already begun creating a few boards of previous trips' images. Very excited to crack on with this, and it is very much spurred on by my fairly recent switch from Canon to Fuji.

This was shot on an XT2 with the 18mm prime back in 2017

3291-0061.jpg

love the processing on this

Back