The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Well, it's about 200g lighter for a start, and it gives you OIS. If you're not too fussed about losing the extra stop of light it looks like a decent buy for the non IBIS bodies. If I used any of the T bodies it might take my fancy, but on the H1 I think the 16-55 is the better option.
I have the 16-80 and love it, finding it wide enough for many landscapes and the zoom to 80 being very handy too. I bought it for the size and reach, and although would love a wider aperture, I'm happy enough to compromise for a great versatile lens. I did comparisons with the Canon 24-105 II and was impressed enough with the IQ.

Thanks both. After a lot of pondering, I think I'm gonna hold out and see what the XT4 brings. I'm sure the 16-80 will be bundled as a 'kit' lens with it with the usual Fuji offers when released. I can kill two birds with one stone then. It's not like I'm short of other stuff to spend my money on. Need an L-bracket etc, etc... :D

3291-0190.jpg

XT2 | 18mm F2 | F3.2

Very nicely processed Kris. Great colour and suits the subject really well.

I've got some Fuji X cameras.
Bought them to shrink the camera bag.
The X-T1 fell to bits after a couple of years heavy usage. The XE- 2 seems to be OK. Looks like its been to Afganistan . and back on an open jeep.
Now have an X-T2. Not much use so far. Seems OK.
My wife has an A2. she liked using it until she bought an iphone 8.
Such is the way of cameras. They come and go.

Lets see if I can load something from a Fuji.

View attachment 264769

That's an excellent street/candid photo Tom. (y)

A picture of my new optional set up for the AD200. I wouldn't normally mount it like this on a stand while on camera, but the extender allows you to keep the weight of the main unit lower to not overbalance. I have the camera with the flash bracket with the round head fitted, so that I can stick the main AD200 in my pocket, or on a belt clip if I need extra power in bright conditions for HSS. I haven't tried it out properly yet, but that is my plan, I have a few scenarios in mind.

Untitled by rick phillips, on Flickr

Untitled by rick phillips, on Flickr
Can that bracket be had with a swiveling head?

Can that bracket be had with a swiveling head?
I’m not sure. I’ve had it in my bag for about 25 years. I’m sure it could be adapted if not. The flash head can be pointed up for bounce flash if required.

Last edited:
Nice one mate ... But that white stick just above the puddle is a little distracting for me :)

The telegraph pole? If so, not a lot I can do about that other than take it out completely, but it's part of the environment (farmers need phone lines too!)

The telegraph pole? If so, not a lot I can do about that other than take it out completely, but it's part of the environment (farmers need phone lines too!)

Yeah by the look of it, it`s the pole. I didn`t realise it was a telegraph pole. It just stood out for me. Vistas are what they are ... London is full of bloody cranes ;)

Thanks both. After a lot of pondering, I think I'm gonna hold out and see what the XT4 brings. I'm sure the 16-80 will be bundled as a 'kit' lens with it with the usual Fuji offers when released. I can kill two birds with one stone then. It's not like I'm short of other stuff to spend my money on. Need an L-bracket etc, etc... :D
You could well be right, it would make sense to be a kit lens, and think how many other purchases you can make before they release the X-T4... ;)

Last edited:
Very nice set of landscape/seascape style Fujigraphs, liking all of these very much with my fav's being #2 & #1.

George.
Thanks George, much appreciated. :)

Loving all the photos being shared :fuji:

I saw it could be a nice sunset this evening and rushed out to capture 'something', was quite happy with what I was getting and then realised my school 'girl' error and although on a tripod I hadn't set the ISO to 160, :banghead: so all may be grainy with high ISO! About to download them now...

Last edited:
Great bit of work from you Paulie, loving the use of the torch.

Thanks, Dave (y)
It was a bit of a fiddle highlighting the bloody numbers though ;)

Toying with the idea of a 10-24 after struggling a couple of times yesterday with the 16 not being wide enough. What’s people’s experiences of it for urban landscapes? Or should I look at a wide prime?

Its a lovely lens Nick picked one up recently as I got back into landscapes and I missed the extra width the 10-24 gave me over the 16mm, its not as sharp as the 16mm f1.4 or the 14mm f2.8 but you be very hard pressed to see the difference. It really going to depend and how often you want to shoot wider than 16mm and is the f4 fast enough for what you want to do? But I.Q. wise you wont be disappointed.

I caught the sunset just in time tonight, but looking over the opposite direction to where the sun was setting as the colours were much nicer. I got a selfie with just me and my dog. She is an angel, I walk her to the spot, tell her to stay, run back and focus and then set a 10 second timer.
View attachment 264842View attachment 264843

Loving the selfie shot of you and your dog.

I caught the sunset just in time tonight, but looking over the opposite direction to where the sun was setting as the colours were much nicer. I got a selfie with just me and my dog. She is an angel, I walk her to the spot, tell her to stay, run back and focus and then set a 10 second timer.
View attachment 264842View attachment 264843

Two very nice landscape style Fujigraps, nicely composed and some lovely colours with #2 being my fav’.

George.

OK you clever C1 users...

I have the free Fuji version, and the RAW's I've imported today are mostly in B&W, as that was the film simulation I had running on JPG. In Lightroom it ignores this and develops them as colour images. What do I need to do, change a profile somewhere?

OK you clever C1 users...

I have the free Fuji version, and the RAW's I've imported today are mostly in B&W, as that was the film simulation I had running on JPG. In Lightroom it ignores this and develops them as colour images. What do I need to do, change a profile somewhere?

If you want to change the colour profile it’s the tab on the left that looks like three circles and from there the ’curve’ drop-down menu.

Edit: Step 3 here; https://fujilove.com/capture-one-pro-workflow-for-fujifilm/

Last edited:
We took a trip to Corfe Castle today, great place, just wish the weather had played ball....

Corfe01 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr
Ahh, it is a great place, I see it every day I go to work. The lights were still on it yesterday when it gets a little darker, but I think are stopping very soon (if not already). Actually I like the drama in the sky of this as it is not just a plain grey but has some definition.

Back