The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Plus also get the Xpro2 as well then your set up well.

Déjà vu or what?

I saw this post three days ago :D, and heard a voice saying 'do it, press the buy button'.

So I did and ordered the X-Pro2 Graphite from the Fuji Refurb shop to join my X-T3 and X-H1.

My remorse at selling my X-Pro1 has vanished and I am in love again.

Sound advice, many thanks!

A H2 would be sweet but I cannot see it happening now. Not with this announcement. The T4 I would expect to be the perfect hybrid of the T and H lines. A slightly chunkier Xt3 body with IBIS and all the AF improvements sounds great

In the interview the man from Fuji said that they want to carry on with the X range and the X-H2 is a big possible.

Déjà vu or what?

I saw this post three days ago :D, and heard a voice saying 'do it, press the buy button'.

So I did and ordered the X-Pro2 Graphite from the Fuji Refurb shop to join my X-T3 and X-H1.

My remorse at selling my X-Pro1 has vanished and I am in love again.

Sound advice, many thanks!

Welcome to the Fuji club (y)

@patr ..... I have just purchased the same X-Pro 2 & 23mm in Graphite. It’s a sexy combo.

The T2 is still a cracking camera, I'd be happy enough with one if I wasn't so obsessed with IBIS , I do prefer a chunkier grip too so the H1 is the better choice [for me] but I'd not be sad if I had to settle for a T2

The T2 is still a cracking camera, I'd be happy enough with one if I wasn't so obsessed with IBIS , I do prefer a chunkier grip too so the H1 is the better choice [for me] but I'd not be sad if I had to settle for a T2

That's why I decided not to sell them... The are worth more than the money I'll get for them, and they're still a damn fine camera. If I could get £450'ish for each of them I'd replace them with an H1 or T3, but the bottoms dropped out of the market so I'll just hang on to them.

That's why I decided not to sell them... The are worth more than the money I'll get for them, and they're still a damn fine camera. If I could get £450'ish for each of them I'd replace them with an H1 or T3, but the bottoms dropped out of the market so I'll just hang on to them.

I don't see enough improvement in the T3 [again, for my purposes] over a T2 tbh. Sure it's got better AF and video features, but for stills they're much of a muchness I feel. I rarey ever shoot video and rarely ever shoot anything fast moving. If my H1 busted for some weird reason i would probably go with a T2

@patr ..... I have just purchased the same X-Pro 2 & 23mm in Graphite. It’s a sexy combo.
It is that, and even my wife thinks it is beautiful!

Fuji refurb played a blinder getting to me, it is absolutely as new as a very new thing.

I was slightly concerned over the 23mm as I bought a Phillipines made one last year which I couldn’t get on with and returned but this graphite one is made in Japan, is optically superb and looks the dogs whotsits.

I might just watch second hand sales for the T3,i have more or less decided that will be the one.:)

A good source to buy from - I've had a few refurbished lenses from Fuji Shop and they're usually as new.

Very nice shot Jason,very nice colours.

Had a wander up The Stiperstones the other morning for a freezing cold sunrise..

XT2, 16-55, edited in CO then PS

Stiperstones Sunrise
by Jason, on Flickr

Very nice landscape style Fujigraph, well composed with a good foreground & sky together with some lovely colours.

George.

Having had both versions of C1, I found out when I had the Pro Fuji version that I could open .RAF files but not the older .CR2 files from my Canon days so had to buy the full version so I think the answer is, it is brand restricted unless you get the "full" full version.

if you can manage with the smaller maximum aperture the actual image quality is as good, certainly the difference in definition is invisible.
And they are lighter/smaller so if lightening the load/size is a priority the XC lenses make perfect sense. I have 16-50 and 50-230 so those two cover virtually all my needs without a) costing a fortune and b) filling up a massive camera bag, especially when you add the 1.5 crop factor and they have IS.

Last edited:
I had both XC lenses as well as their XF siblings and for the life of me I couldn't see a fag paper between their IQ and I did enjoy the longer reach of the 230mm.

But sadly the lens mount on the smaller one snapped when my Rottie knocked it. Fuji UK replaced it for me but I admit that my confidence in their robustness was blown so I sold both. If Fuji had put a metal mount on they would be superb but it is one of the reasons why they are much cheaper (and lighter).

There is a thriving XC replacement lens mount section on EBay which suggests that broken mounts are quite a common occurance.

They are superb lenses but do beware of the fragility of the plastic mount.

I`m off out in a minute, but I have C1 Pro20 and really do like it even though I`m still learning with it.

Having had both versions of C1, I found out when I had the Pro Fuji version that I could open .RAF files but not the older .CR2 files from my Canon days so had to buy the full version so I think the answer is, it is brand restricted unless you get the "full" full version.

So as I'm totally Fuji these days, being able to edit other files isn't an issue, and I still intend to keep my Adobe subs running anyway. However, I wanted to ask a couple of questions:

1) Can you combine a number of files to give you (in effect) HDR image? I use LR this way, taking as many as 5 exposures for one image, then combining them, allowing me to capture both sky and shadows, effectively giving me better DR.

2) Can you combine multiple images to generate a panorama? Again I sometimes do this, using the camera in portrait mode and shooting 5 or 6 exposures to give me a larger, more detailed file. This is quite important as I'm looking to do some larger canvas prints for my house, and I'm also looking at selling some shots of the local area.

I had both XC lenses as well as their XF siblings and for the life of me I couldn't see a fag paper between their IQ and I did enjoy the longer reach of the 230mm.

But sadly the lens mount on the smaller one snapped when my Rottie knocked it. Fuji UK replaced it for me but I admit that my confidence in their robustness was blown so I sold both. If Fuji had put a metal mount on they would be superb but it is one of the reasons why they are much cheaper (and lighter).

There is a thriving XC replacement lens mount section on EBay which suggests that broken mounts are quite a common occurance.

Excellent will have a look at those.

I must admit coming from L series Canon stuff and a 5D3 both of which survived a fall from 5ft onto concrete with minimal damage the "solidity" of the XC lenses is questionable, but I guess for what/who they are built for they are reasonable. I bought mine as I was dipping a toe into Fuji and I wanted lightness, they have done well so far but for anything that I thought might require a bit of substance I think the Canon gear would be coming out to play, unless I can convince myself that I should buy XF stuff but then I'd want an XT4 (plus bits) and the weight penalty would be pretty much back again. Plus I want/need to strap the Fuji to my telescope and the mount is very weight critical.
I must resist, I must resist. :)

If I want to stack and blend images I use Photoshop - like you I have active Adobe subscription and am used to doing them that way, similarly with panoramas. I don't think there's a decent plug in for either of those in C1 but would defer to those who know different.

I think you can do both in-camera with xt20

Long time lurker with renewed GAS after a few quiet years with my D7000 fulfilling my interchangeable lens needs.

Severely tempted to buy an X-H1 with grip at current prices having mostly shot with an X100s for the past 5 years.

I know it's been discontinued but seems like a a great camera nevertheless. Am I missing something?

Long time lurker with renewed GAS after a few quiet years with my D7000 fulfilling my interchangeable lens needs.

Severely tempted to buy an X-H1 with grip at current prices having mostly shot with an X100s for the past 5 years.

I know it's been discontinued but seems like a a great camera nevertheless. Am I missing something?

It’s still a great camera.

The X-H1 is my favourite Fuji having owned/used most of them. I prefer it to my X-T3 and the deal at the moment with the grip is nothing short of a steal but I would try and get to hold one as the difference in ergonomics and weight over the X100 series is a tad severe!

Back