The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

The Fujinon 90mm f2.0 is one excellent lens... so is the 56mm f1.2.
The new 50mm f1.0 is going to be a serious bit of glass, especially if they get it working with phase detect and improve the AF to better the 56mm f1.2 :D
I was just about to pull the trigger on the Viltrox 85mm 1.8 but for that price I had to jump on it. Happy birthday to me on Friday ( Valentine baby)

A nice Fuji X100V (non technical) review with some photos :)
https://petapixel.com/2020/02/10/3-weeks-with-the-new-fujifilm-x100v/

15-1-640x800.jpg

14-1-800x533.jpg

12-2-800x534.jpg

9-1-600x800.jpg

7-1-533x800.jpg

2-800x534.jpeg

It does look good I have to say. Not a camera I've ever considered as always been 'scared' of a single FL but it would make for a great travel 'point and shoot'.
Yeah, having a single FL can be challenging but does liberate you from having to carry multiple lenses and a bigger system. :)
You can get Fuji 28mm and 50mm converters too but then it comes a slightly bigger package.

It does look good I have to say. Not a camera I've ever considered as always been 'scared' of a single FL but it would make for a great travel 'point and shoot'.

I've been trying this, too. It's definitely a mentality thing.

I bought a little Ricoh GR II (28mm equivalent), and you often can "zoom with your feet", as the saying goes. But you also have to accept that sometimes you just can't get a particular shot. The trick then (difficult) is not to get annoyed by missing that shot, but to knuckle down with the FL you do have. See Nick Turpin X100F videos for examples of how it doesn't hold him back at all.

Yeah, having a single FL can be challenging but does liberate you from having to carry multiple lenses and a bigger system. :)
You can get Fuji 28mm and 50mm converters too but then it comes a slightly bigger package.
Yeah I've looked at the converters. The WCL looks OK and not too bulky to carry around, but there's not 'that' much difference between 35mm and 28mm. The TCL just looks big and cumbersome.

I bought a little Ricoh GR II (28mm equivalent), and you often can "zoom with your feet", as the saying goes. But you also have to accept that sometimes you just can't get a particular shot. The trick then (difficult) is not to get annoyed by missing that shot, but to knuckle down with the FL you do have. See Nick Turpin X100F videos for examples of how it doesn't hold him back at all.
Yeah it's definitely a mentality thing, and I am the kind of person that would 'beat myself up' if I couldn't get a shot due to not having the right equipment/being restricted by the FL. One thought is I'd always have my phone as a backup 'just in case', but then the WCL seems pretty easy to put on and off. I'm guessing the WCL won't be weatherproof though, and the X100V isn't a cheap bit of kit.

I've actually considered getting a used X-T20/30 with 23mm f2 lens and forcing myself to use this to see if I can 'cope' ;)

I had the Sony FE 35mm, 55mm and 85mm lenses for my Sony A9, all primes lenses so I did have to "zoom with my feet" sometimes.
The Fuji X100V does have a digital tele-converter built at 50mm and 70mm, if you really can't zoome closer.

@snerkler The WCL does make it weatherproof apparently as it works the same way as the ring and filter (it also takes 49mm filter threads)

There is also a surprising amount of difference between regular and WCL focal lengths in the field.

I've never found an X100 series camera to hold me back, yes I can't always get the shot that I first see, but I usually come away with a better shot from being forced to work at it!!

Last edited:
Yeah I've looked at the converters. The WCL looks OK and not too bulky to carry around, but there's not 'that' much difference between 35mm and 28mm. The TCL just looks big and cumbersome.
Yeah it's definitely a mentality thing, and I am the kind of person that would 'beat myself up' if I couldn't get a shot due to not having the right equipment/being restricted by the FL. One thought is I'd always have my phone as a backup 'just in case', but then the WCL seems pretty easy to put on and off. I'm guessing the WCL won't be weatherproof though, and the X100V isn't a cheap bit of kit.

I've actually considered getting a used X-T20/30 with 23mm f2 lens and forcing myself to use this to see if I can 'cope' ;)

The Fuji X100V should be weather sealed using the WCL & TCL converters as it's the actual moving lens element / system which would let the water in. Adding the protection filter or converters seals this area as they screw over the lens element. :)
I guess when it comes to the 28mm & 50mm FL's, it can make a difference in some situations, I saw some sample images on a site where it compared the X100F + tele-converters and the difference was very noticeable.
However each TC costs between £230-260, so you got to weigh up the costs, advantages and disadvantages etc.
Me being me, I may get them... however I don't want pay too much for them! lol :D

Last edited:
I had the Sony FE 35mm, 55mm and 85mm lenses for my Sony A9, all primes lenses so I did have to "zoom with my feet" sometimes.
The Fuji X100V does have a digital tele-converter built at 50mm and 70mm, if you really can't zoome closer.
I don't mind zooming with my feet, but sometimes you're restricted and just need a wider frame. I'm assuming the 70mm digi-converted images are low megapixels? By my calculations 50mm would be circa 13mp and 70mm circa 6.5mp
@snerkler The WCL does make it weatherproof apparently as it works the same way as the ring and filter (oi also takes 49mm filter threads

There is also a surprising amount of difference between regular and WCL focal lengths in the field.

I've never found an X100 series camera to hold me back, yes I can't always get the shot that I first see, but I usually come away with a better shot from being forced to work at it!!
Until I bite the bullet I'll never know, but I've been considering a single FL more and more recently and maybe I need to break out of my comfort zone. It could also help with that creativity I've been lacking.
The Fuji X100V should be weather sealed using the WCL & TCL converters as it's the actual moving lens element / system which would let the water in. Adding the protection filter or converters seals this area as they screw over the lens element. :)
I guess when it comes to the 28mm & 50mm FL's, it can make a difference in some situations, I saw some sample images on a site where it compared the X100F + tele-converters and the difference was very noticeable.
However each TC costs between £230-260, so you got to weigh up the costs, advantages and disadvantages etc.
Me being me, I may get them... however I don't want pay too much for them! lol :D
28-50mm does make quite a difference, but 28-35mm not so much from the examples I've seen. 35-50mm appeared to make more of a difference.

Here's an example from youtube of the standard lens and then with WCL
Screenshot 2020-02-11 at 13.20.37 by TDG-77, on Flickr
Screenshot 2020-02-11 at 13.20.54 by TDG-77, on Flickr

And then an example of 28mm, 35mm and 50mm using Nikons lens simulator
Screenshot 2020-02-10 at 16.06.01 by TDG-77, on Flickr
Screenshot 2020-02-10 at 16.06.23 by TDG-77, on Flickr
Screenshot 2020-02-10 at 16.06.37 by TDG-77, on Flickr

I guess if you need wider angle you can always use the panoramic mode, but I assume this is jpeg only? I'm surprised it's only got one card slot, although it doesn't bother me so much.

I don't mind zooming with my feet, but sometimes you're restricted and just need a wider frame. I'm assuming the 70mm digi-converted images are low megapixels? By my calculations 50mm would be circa 13mp and 70mm circa 6.5mp
Until I bite the bullet I'll never know, but I've been considering a single FL more and more recently and maybe I need to break out of my comfort zone. It could also help with that creativity I've been lacking.
28-50mm does make quite a difference, but 28-35mm not so much from the examples I've seen. 35-50mm appeared to make more of a difference.

Here's an example from youtube of the standard lens and then with WCL
Screenshot 2020-02-11 at 13.20.37 by TDG-77, on Flickr
Screenshot 2020-02-11 at 13.20.54 by TDG-77, on Flickr

And then an example of 28mm, 35mm and 50mm using Nikons lens simulator
Screenshot 2020-02-10 at 16.06.01 by TDG-77, on Flickr
Screenshot 2020-02-10 at 16.06.23 by TDG-77, on Flickr
Screenshot 2020-02-10 at 16.06.37 by TDG-77, on Flickr

I guess if you need wider angle you can always use the panoramic mode, but I assume this is jpeg only? I'm surprised it's only got one card slot, although it doesn't bother me so much.

That's right, the digital zoom files are cropped down in megapixels in JPEG format, however Fuji applies some up-scaling to it and some other tweaks. If you shoot JPEG + RAW, then you will always have the original un-zoomed RAW files to work on.

See the below info in relation to how the digital zoom works on the current X100F.

"The Digital Teleconverter has two options: 50mm (equivalent) focal length and 75mm (equivalent) focal length. This significantly increases the versatility of the fixed-focal-length X100F! It’s almost as if the camera has three different lenses built in.

The 50mm option uses 16 megapixels of resolution from the sensor, which is still plenty (the X100S and X100T had “only” 16 megapixels). 16″ x 24″ prints are no problem, and, if you have a good quality file, you can make nice looking 2′ x 3′ prints. Unless you are pixel-peeping or making poster-sized prints, you’ll have a hard time distinguishing the 50mm Digital Teleconverter images from full resolution files.

The 75mm option uses 12 megapixels of resolution from the sensor, which is still plenty for most people and most uses (the original X100 had “only” 12 megapixels). 12″ x 18″ prints are no problem, and, if you have a good quality file, you can make nice looking 16″ x 24″ prints. Unless you are pixel-peeping or making large prints, nobody will be able to tell that you cut out half of the picture."

More information here... https://fujixweekly.com/2017/08/28/fujifilm-x100f-digital-teleconverter/

I think the IQ will probably be better using the WCL & TCL adaptors vs the digital zoom method but then it will increase the over-all size of the package. :)

Only you can decide if the X100V will work for you....... ;) get it pre-ordered chap, you know you want to! lol :D

Last edited:
That's right, the digital zoom files are cropped down in megapixels in JPEG format, however Fuji applies some up-scaling to it and some other tweaks. If you shoot JPEG + RAW, then you will always have the original un-zoomed RAW files to work on.

See the below info in relation to how the digital zoom works on the current X100F.

"The Digital Teleconverter has two options: 50mm (equivalent) focal length and 75mm (equivalent) focal length. This significantly increases the versatility of the fixed-focal-length X100F! It’s almost as if the camera has three different lenses built in.

The 50mm option uses 16 megapixels of resolution from the sensor, which is still plenty (the X100S and X100T had “only” 16 megapixels). 16″ x 24″ prints are no problem, and, if you have a good quality file, you can make nice looking 2′ x 3′ prints. Unless you are pixel-peeping or making poster-sized prints, you’ll have a hard time distinguishing the 50mm Digital Teleconverter images from full resolution files.

The 75mm option uses 12 megapixels of resolution from the sensor, which is still plenty for most people and most uses (the original X100 had “only” 12 megapixels). 12″ x 18″ prints are no problem, and, if you have a good quality file, you can make nice looking 16″ x 24″ prints. Unless you are pixel-peeping or making large prints, nobody will be able to tell that you cut out half of the picture."

More information here... https://fujixweekly.com/2017/08/28/fujifilm-x100f-digital-teleconverter/

I think the IQ will probably be better using the WCL & TCL adaptors vs the digital zoom method but then it will increase the over-all size of the package. :)

Only you can decide if the X100V will work for you....... ;) get it pre-ordered chap, you know you want to! lol :D
Clearly some upscaling if the zooms are 16mp and 12mp, that's not bad at all. Shame it's jpeg only though. I know you can crop in post, but resolution will drop. I don't mind carrying the WCL, but the TCL is a right trumpet of an adapter ;)

Now that you've got me looking at it it is appealing, but it's a serious amount of money :eek: Will be interesting to see what grey prices are.

The digital zoom is JPG only, it won't even engage unless RAW is turned off, I have a function button programmed to RAW, pressing this switches my camera from RAW+JPG to JPG, I can then engage the digital zoom, the neat thing about this is that after you press the shutter it reverts back to RAW+JPG so there is no chance of leaving it in JPG only mode.

So there is no RAW file when using the digital teleconverter.

New toy just turned up, a kickstarter zoom pinhole lens (Fuji X mount) from Thingfy

Looks really well made, all metal, I bought the bundle that included screw on metal lens cap, plain filter (to stop dust getting on your sensor), ND2 filter, polariser and soft case. Its even personalised and all for about £80 including shipping.

IMG_1923.jpg

IMG_1924.jpg

The digital zoom is JPG only, it won't even engage unless RAW is turned off, I have a function button programmed to RAW, pressing this switches my camera from RAW+JPG to JPG, I can then engage the digital zoom, the neat thing about this is that after you press the shutter it reverts back to RAW+JPG so there is no chance of leaving it in JPG only mode.

So there is no RAW file when using the digital teleconverter.
Boohoo ... time to order those tele-coverters! lol :D

New toy just turned up, a kickstarter zoom pinhole lens (Fuji X mount) from Thingfy

Looks really well made, all metal, I bought the bundle that included screw on metal lens cap, plain filter (to stop dust getting on your sensor), ND2 filter, polariser and soft case. Its even personalised and all for about £80 including shipping.

View attachment 268363

View attachment 268364

Interesting.... :)
I am avoiding anything other than the X100V system for now. The Fuji X-T4 is just around the corner too :eek:

Fuji have advised me that the camera won't be weather sealed if you use the converters, you have to remove the weather sealing adapter ring to fix the adapters. Not great.

Fuji have advised me that the camera won't be weather sealed if you use the converters, you have to remove the weather sealing adapter ring to fix the adapters. Not great.

Given that the adapter ring is just plain metal (no rubber) and effective converts a male thread to a female one, I’m surprised, once a WCL is screwed on then this will remake that seal

Of course the WCL and TCL may not be WR in their own right, but screwing a filter onto the front of them will perform in the same way as putting a filter onto the adapter ring.

It’s not going to stop me using the WCL in slightly hostile environments

Given that the adapter ring is just plain metal (no rubber) and effective converts a male thread to a female one, I’m surprised, once a WCL is screwed on then this will remake that seal

Of course the WCL and TCL may not be WR in their own right, but screwing a filter onto the front of them will perform in the same way as putting a filter onto the adapter ring.

It’s not going to stop me using the WCL in slightly hostile environments
Yeah I’m sure it’d be fairly weather sealed still, ie would take a light shower.

This came up as my most viewed on flickr I had just purchased a brand new Fuji S3pro Dslr at the photoshop at the NEC and this was among the first frames taken at the show with a Nikon AFS-VR 18-200mm
"The Look" by Philip Higgins, on Flickr

@Riz_Guru out of interest did you consider other fixed lens compacts such as the Ricoh or Sony RX1R-II before pre-ordering the X100V, if so what made you choose the Fuji?

@Riz_Guru out of interest did you consider other fixed lens compacts such as the Ricoh or Sony RX1R-II before pre-ordering the X100V, if so what made you choose the Fuji?
I had the Sony and yep it was a beast of a sensor but the Sony menu system ugh
I still have my Ricoh GRIII and in good light it’s a perfect carry everywhere camera
I just miss those wonderful Fuji JPEGs and film pre sets
The Sony files were also far to big for the useless upload speed we have here!

I had the Sony and yep it was a beast of a sensor but the Sony menu system ugh
I still have my Ricoh GRIII and in good light it’s a perfect carry everywhere camera
I just miss those wonderful Fuji JPEGs and film pre sets
The Sony files were also far to big for the useless upload speed we have here!
How did you find the performance of the RX1R, I’ve read that start up time and functions etc are slow leading to frustrating user experience but the reviews are fairly old now so wondered if there’s been a firmware update?

Yes... the full list I was looking at is as follows:-

1. Sony RX1R II
2. Ricoh GR III
3. Lecia Q2
4. Fujifilm X100V

So for my needs and one of the key motivations in parting with my Sony equipment was the actual value / money I had sat in the gear and the feeling I got when using it (lack of), it's important to say that selling it wasn't because of poor AF / IQ / build etc and I still think Sony is probably one of the best FF systems available out of the top-tier professional bodies (D5/1DX II) etc.
If I was doing paid work, I wouldn't hesitate going down the Sony route, it nails the shot every time, however I got zero emotion from the process and that was true of all the Sony bodies I have used to date.

1. The Sony RX1R II was dropped off the list first as like mentioned above, there was no emotion in the process, having used one a few years back. The images however are absolutely awesome, it used the same sensor from the A7R II which I had owned 2 of in the past.
The price is questionable in my opinion @ £2999, the technology is also pretty dated now and I knew deep down that it wouldn't do it for me in terms of its feel / design etc. Even at grey import prices your looking at £2000 approx. To me the RX1R II feels like a bigger RX100 series camera and the Sony menu system is terrible at times. It is a great FF compact, but then there isn't much choice! lol. It doesn't feel like a £2k camera, let a lone £3k.
I am sure Sony will release a Sony RX1R III at some point but I can't see the price point dipping below the £3k mark. For that kind of money I would wan't a Lecia lol.

2. On to the Ricoh GR III next, its a great size compact but this comes at the expense of not having a built in EVF. I haven't had a chance to get hands-on time with one but after reading the reviews, I quickly realised it wasn't for me.... it looks like a £50 compact camera body albeit made from metal. I mean it doesn't look like a £800 camera... but for some that is the whole point of them.... to go unnoticed etc.
Doing some research online, it appears that he AF isn't that great either. So you have to ask yourself, would you go for the Ricoh GR III for its size and IQ with no EVF, or would you splash out an extra £100 for a new Fuji X100F? For me it would be the X100F, having owned the original X100, there is something about them which lures you in and the retro style appeals to me greatly.

3. The Leica Q2...... this is still in the back of my mind following Lecia's recent firmware released :eek: however its a whopping £4275!!! Will I get my monies worth out of the Q2? I am not so sure...... however the notion of the ability to crop heavy is appealing and the build and quality is unquestionable.
I may take another look at this but it is going away from my original aim of reducing my £££ sat in photography gear, also the size is a lot larger than you may think.
I then began to ask myself questions like ... will the face-detect, eye-af and AF come close to the X100V? Going down the Lecia Q2 would mean I would gain FF advantages, stabilised lens and higher cropping capability but at the expensive of AF etc.
Can't get my head around the price though...... if it was cheaper, would I bite...... I am not so sure... ;)

4. This leaves the Fuji X100V, I am sure you've read all the reviews and watched tons of videos regarding the build and technical aspects, but those aside, for me its the feeling when taking the photo that is the key, the enjoyment, the film simulations, OOC JPEG quality, the tactile feedback etc..... I had an extensive look in my Lightroom collection and specifically Fuji RAF files from my previous X100 and XT-2 bodies, some of the photos I've taken are really great and they didn't leave me wanting a better full-frame sensor etc.
So I am pretty sure I won't be disappointed with the IQ from the X100V when you factor in the cost difference between the body prices... X100V £1300 (£1400 approx with adaptor + hood etc) vs Lecia Q2 £4275. So that's approx £2875 difference :eek:
Got to love the retro dials etc and the way Fuji have simplified the body / buttons to reduce faffing about with buttons / menu's etc.
Coming from Sony, I knew that anything I bought to replace it from the compact segment wouldn't come close to what the A9 can do, so I had to weight up the differences between the X100F and V...... me being me, and preferring the latest tech, the X100V seems the best option for me right now however the Lecia Q2 was a very close second, the cost being the biggest factor.

Ultimately everybody has different needs and desires, will getting a Fuji X100V make me a better photographer, will it get my mojo and desire back.. that remains to be seen... however one of the biggest positives out of the move to a Fuji X100V is that my bank balance is a lot healthier from selling the Sony gear, :D
I am going back to basics.... fixed lens and going to see how things pan out.

I think two of the best looking compacts are the Fuji X100V and Lecia Q2, there isn't much choice out there for this type of body / camera. :)

How did you find the performance of the RX1R, I’ve read that start up time and functions etc are slow leading to frustrating user experience but the reviews are fairly old now so wondered if there’s been a firmware update?

Still slow... it's basically a A7R II with a variable OLPF and 35mm f2.0 stuck on the front of it. Single SD card slow and rubbish battery life!
Oh and fiddly EVF.

Yes... the full list I was looking at is as follows:-

1. Sony RX1R II
2. Ricoh GR III
3. Lecia Q2
4. Fujifilm X100V

So for my needs and one of the key motivations in parting with my Sony equipment was the actual value / money I had sat in the gear and the feeling I got when using it (lack of), it's important to say that selling it wasn't because of poor AF / IQ / build etc and I still think Sony is probably one of the best FF systems available out of the top-tier professional bodies (D5/1DX II) etc.
If I was doing paid work, I wouldn't hesitate going down the Sony route, it nails the shot every time, however I got zero emotion from the process and that was true of all the Sony bodies I have used to date.

1. The Sony RX1R II was dropped off the list first as like mentioned above, there was no emotion in the process, having used one a few years back. The images however are absolutely awesome, it used the same sensor from the A7R II which I had owned 2 of in the past.
The price is questionable in my opinion @ £2999, the technology is also pretty dated now and I knew deep down that it wouldn't do it for me in terms of its feel / design etc. Even at grey import prices your looking at £2000 approx. To me the RX1R II feels like a bigger RX100 series camera and the Sony menu system is terrible at times. It is a great FF compact, but then there isn't much choice! lol. It doesn't feel like a £2k camera, let a lone £3k.
I am sure Sony will release a Sony RX1R III at some point but I can't see the price point dipping below the £3k mark. For that kind of money I would wan't a Lecia lol.

2. On to the Ricoh GR III next, its a great size compact but this comes at the expense of not having a built in EVF. I haven't had a chance to get hands-on time with one but after reading the reviews, I quickly realised it wasn't for me.... it looks like a £50 compact camera body albeit made from metal. I mean it doesn't look like a £800 camera... but for some that is the whole point of them.... to go unnoticed etc.
Doing some research online, it appears that he AF isn't that great either. So you have to ask yourself, would you go for the Ricoh GR III for its size and IQ with no EVF, or would you splash out an extra £100 for a new Fuji X100F? For me it would be the X100F, having owned the original X100, there is something about them which lures you in and the retro style appeals to me greatly.

3. The Leica Q2...... this is still in the back of my mind following Lecia's recent firmware released :eek: however its a whopping £4275!!! Will I get my monies worth out of the Q2? I am not so sure...... however the notion of the ability to crop heavy is appealing and the build and quality is unquestionable.
I may take another look at this but it is going away from my original aim of reducing my £££ sat in photography gear, also the size is a lot larger than you may think.
I then began to ask myself questions like ... will the face-detect, eye-af and AF come close to the X100V? Going down the Lecia Q2 would mean I would gain FF advantages, stabilised lens and higher cropping capability but at the expensive of AF etc.
Can't get my head around the price though...... if it was cheaper, would I bite...... I am not so sure... ;)

4. This leaves the Fuji X100V, I am sure you've read all the reviews and watched tons of videos regarding the build and technical aspects, but those aside, for me its the feeling when taking the photo that is the key, the enjoyment, the film simulations, OOC JPEG quality, the tactile feedback etc..... I had an extensive look in my Lightroom collection and specifically Fuji RAF files from my previous X100 and XT-2 bodies, some of the photos I've taken are really great and they didn't leave me wanting a better full-frame sensor etc.
So I am pretty sure I won't be disappointed with the IQ from the X100V when you factor in the cost difference between the body prices... X100V £1300 (£1400 approx with adaptor + hood etc) vs Lecia Q2 £4275. So that's approx £2875 difference :eek:
Got to love the retro dials etc and the way Fuji have simplified the body / buttons to reduce faffing about with buttons / menu's etc.
Coming from Sony, I knew that anything I bought to replace it from the compact segment wouldn't come close to what the A9 can do, so I had to weight up the differences between the X100F and V...... me being me, and preferring the latest tech, the X100V seems the best option for me right now however the Lecia Q2 was a very close second, the cost being the biggest factor.

Ultimately everybody has different needs and desires, will getting a Fuji X100V make me a better photographer, will it get my mojo and desire back.. that remains to be seen... however one of the biggest positives out of the move to a Fuji X100V is that my bank balance is a lot healthier from selling the Sony gear, :D
I am going back to basics.... fixed lens and going to see how things pan out.

I think two of the best looking compacts are the Fuji X100V and Lecia Q2, there isn't much choice out there for this type of body / camera. :)
Thanks for this, very informative. The Q2 is a pipe dream for me, plus it's quite a bit heavier than the X100V. Also you could buy the X100V plus both converter lenses and still have enough money for an X-T3 plus several lenses for the price of a Q2 ;)

@snerkler I'd agree with @Riz_Guru the choice really is Leica Q series or Fuji X100 series, the Leica has some things in its favour, FF, lens, stabilisation, etc but that comes with a price, it is though built like a tank, but that also comes at nearly twice the weight of the Fuji.

The Fuji's have massive kerbside appeal, they sit there and say 'pick me up' and this really can't be underestimated, as a camera that is enjoyable to use is one that gets used more often and taken to more places.

Do I want a Q2, well yes, but I'm not really sure what I would be buying it for, and although I'm a 'wide' shooter, I think 28mm is too wide for general purpose use.

The X100 series for me just ticks more boxes, and along with being a joy to use. YMMV may vary though

Thanks for this, very informative. The Q2 is a pipe dream for me, plus it's quite a bit heavier than the X100V. Also you could buy the X100V plus both converter lenses and still have enough money for an X-T3 plus several lenses for the price of a Q2 ;)
Yes, the Lecia Q2 is a very expensive body and a lot of that goes into the build, quality and heritage / brand. I did think about it long and hard and it is still niggling in the back of my mind :eek:
I am not going to get sucked into buying an interchangeable lens camera system just yet...... the Fuji X-T4 will be with us in 2 weeks and I really want to stick my aim of going back to basics, its the only real way to reset myself.
If the whole process of moving from Sony FF ILC system to a Fuji compact system fails, the bank balance will still be better off in the end. :p lol

@snerkler I'd agree with @Riz_Guru the choice really is Leica Q series or Fuji X100 series, the Leica has some things in its favour, FF, lens, stabilisation, etc but that comes with a price, it is though built like a tank, but that also comes at nearly twice the weight of the Fuji.

The Fuji's have massive kerbside appeal, they sit there and say 'pick me up' and this really can't be underestimated, as a camera that is enjoyable to use is one that gets used more often and taken to more places.

Do I want a Q2, well yes, but I'm not really sure what I would be buying it for, and although I'm a 'wide' shooter, I think 28mm is too wide for general purpose use.

The X100 series for me just ticks more boxes, and along with being a joy to use. YMMV may vary though

I have found this with just about every Fuji X body I have played with. I know it's not the first time I've said it, and so have others, but the Fuji makes me want to go out and create photo's, artwork in fact. I just didn't get that from my Canon DSLR's.

I have a job interview this week, and should it work out, then a GFX will be probably be on the cards. I have a d850 itch for landscape, but I think going to the GFX 50 will be a better option. (Pssst - Don't tell the Mrs!!).

Back