The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Although Swanage was quite tame compared to other places, I quite liked this shot on the way to work on Monday morning to capture the sunrise also
X-T3 + 16-80
View attachment 268553

“Excellent” landscape/seascape type Fujigraph, well composed, really like the colour etc, and for me just about the right amount of movement in the water.

George.

Fuji X100 :)

49529779872_b8d23f70cc_c.jpg

49529780112_fd31bac8fa_c.jpg

49529780347_db1a430324_c.jpg

49529050438_7be5e9483b_c.jpg

49529050713_f7bbf34432_c.jpg

49529781072_952c2253f0_c.jpg

49529051148_c2d3a418af_c.jpg

49529554366_5e034c4c4c_c.jpg

My new (to me) X100F is due to arrive today, after swapping my Sony RX1 for it. I've still got an A7 mk1 that I use for manual glass but have been thinking about trying an X100F for a while. Seeing the X100V gave me some pause about whether I should go for that, but I think the F will give me a good way to try out the handling/results for myself without paying out for it now. Then again, I've got a stand at The Photography Show next month so I can see myself finding a few minutes to try out the V for myself..maybe I should leave my wallet at home ;)

Speaking of TPS, if anyone is going and wants 20% off the price of a single day ticket, my discount code is CHROMATPS20 (y)

My new (to me) X100F is due to arrive today, after swapping my Sony RX1 for it. I've still got an A7 mk1 that I use for manual glass but have been thinking about trying an X100F for a while. Seeing the X100V gave me some pause about whether I should go for that, but I think the F will give me a good way to try out the handling/results for myself without paying out for it now. Then again, I've got a stand at The Photography Show next month so I can see myself finding a few minutes to try out the V for myself..maybe I should leave my wallet at home ;)

Speaking of TPS, if anyone is going and wants 20% off the price of a single day ticket, my discount code is CHROMATPS20 (y)

Steve, the X100F is a great camera in its own right, even though I'm going to 'invest' in a V, I am in no way disappointed with the F. Enjoy it.

Cheers for the discount code, not sure I'll be able to make it but if Fuji did a discount on their new X100V, I might be tempted lol. :D

Using adapted lenses on Fujifilm cameras - any particular successes or failures?

I'd already ordered an adapter to put my old Minolta Rokkor 55mm/1.7 on the X-T1 I've just bought from @Leroy4bz

On a whim, I searched an auction site for "Sony A-mount to Fuji X" adapters, being sure there's no such oddity, but there they are! And I've got 500/8, 70-300/3.5, 16-50/2.8, and 20/2.8 in A-mount all sitting here. All are old-fashioned AF/AE, so have proper focus rings, and with aperture levers. :)

The 16-50/2.8 is designed for APS-C and pretty compact. :) I also checked my Sony E-mount lenses, but they all seem to have focus-by-wire and aperture-by-wire = no go.

Not sure I'd want to use all of these in manual focus, but I'd be daft not to try them out. The whole lot of them cost me less than a couple of mid-range Fuji XF primes would.

The 500mm mirror would be 750mm equivalent. No idea what I'd try to shoot with that!

Steve, the X100F is a great camera in its own right, even though I'm going to 'invest' in a V, I am in no way disappointed with the F. Enjoy it.

Cheers. The only other X100 I've used was an original MK1 as a second camera at a wedding I was shooting years ago. I was shooting Canon alongside at the time and I remember the most confusing part was the silent leaf shutter and not knowing if I'd actually taken a shot :ROFLMAO: The results were really nice though and, after shooting Sony for the last 5 years, the colour science from Fuji is what has always drawn me to them so I'm looking forward to seeing what I can do with it, when I actually get chance to leave the workshop!

Cheers for the discount code, not sure I'll be able to make it but if Fuji did a discount on their new X100V, I might be tempted lol. :D

No problem, I'll let you know if there are any good discounts when I'm setting up my stand on the Friday before the show opens ;)

Last edited:
Only joined The Argus paper camera club the other day, so put in a shot from a while ago and it`s been put in todays Argus paper. It is the street shot of a guitar player leaping up.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/18230955.best-photos-sussex-week/

Congratulations, my only feature in a newspaper recently was here https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/walker-airlifted-hospital-after-nasty-17550354

In my defence I would like to say that a) I only swore when they reset my ankle on the mountainside, and b) even my lungs couldn't out drown a helicopter, so there is definitely artistic licence in the piece!!!

"Congrat's" to that matey. (y)(y)

"I don't know if its the same news rag, but I used to take the "Evening Argus" when I was stationed over in the UK at Brighton for a while many moons ago"

George.

Thank you George, yes it was the Evening Argus I only put it in for fun.

Congratulations, my only feature in a newspaper recently was here https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/walker-airlifted-hospital-after-nasty-17550354

In my defence I would like to say that a) I only swore when they reset my ankle on the mountainside, and b) even my lungs couldn't out drown a helicopter, so there is definitely artistic licence in the piece!!!

Thanks Daivid, yes remember reading about yours. Hope the recovery is going well too (y)

Thanks Daivid, yes remember reading about yours. Hope the recovery is going well too (y)

Thanks for asking, I'm getting there, another 2.5 weeks in plaster, then a boot, so I should be able to get around better as I can start to put weight on it, won't be driving for a bit though. Its frustrating not being able to get out much, and even more frustrating that although I can make a cup of coffee in the kitchen, I can physically carry it (with crutches) to the living room!! The humour and banter on this forum has helped a lot though, so keep it up!!!!

Last edited:
Fuji X100 :)

49529779872_b8d23f70cc_c.jpg

49529780112_fd31bac8fa_c.jpg

49529050713_f7bbf34432_c.jpg

49529781072_952c2253f0_c.jpg

49529051148_c2d3a418af_c.jpg
Some familiar places there ;) I’m yet to take a dedicated photo of the cheese grater but it’s on my to do list ;)
Makes you wonder why we need the latest kit, more X100 (original goodness)

170520 Sea View
by David Yeoman, on Flickr
Can you remember what film simulation you used for the shelter photo?
My new (to me) X100F is due to arrive today, after swapping my Sony RX1 for it. I've still got an A7 mk1 that I use for manual glass but have been thinking about trying an X100F for a while. Seeing the X100V gave me some pause about whether I should go for that, but I think the F will give me a good way to try out the handling/results for myself without paying out for it now. Then again, I've got a stand at The Photography Show next month so I can see myself finding a few minutes to try out the V for myself..maybe I should leave my wallet at home

Speaking of TPS, if anyone is going and wants 20% off the price of a single day ticket, my discount code is CHROMATPS20
Thanks for the discount code, glad I’ve not got around to buying my ticket yet ;)

Ive been contemplating getting the F rather than shelling out for the V but there’s too much that sways me to the V :facepalm: I’d prefer the D pad to be on the V though, can’t see the sense in removing it tbh.
Cheers for the discount code, not sure I'll be able to make it but if Fuji did a discount on their new X100V, I might be tempted lol.
I don’t know whether to wait or not, but how likely is it that they’ll discount a new camera?

Ive been contemplating getting the F rather than shelling out for the V but there’s too much that sways me to the V :facepalm: I’d prefer the D pad to be on the V though, can’t see the sense in removing it tbh.
I don’t know whether to wait or not, but how likely is it that they’ll discount a new camera?

I tried out the X100F in-store and I am looking for to the better AF of the V and IQ wide-open at f2.0.
With the F and previous generations, things got better at f4.0.
Also looking forward to seeing how good the Face-Detect and Eye-AF is.
I am a sucker for the latest gadgets etc. :D lol
I think the Fuji X100V will be the first camera in a long time where I will have to pay full RRP. :(

I tried out the X100F in-store and I am looking for to the better AF of the V and IQ wide-open at f2.0.
I think the Fuji X100V will be the first camera in a long time where I will have to pay full RRP. :(
The better EVF is a big one for me, as is weather sealing. AF speed doesn’t bother me ‘that much’ on a camera like this.

Can’t remember the last time I paid full RRP for any gear tbh, not sure if I ever have.

The guy at dpreview said af is the same.

The guy at dpreview said af is the same.
Yeah I saw that but then others are saying its the same as the XT-3 / X-Pro3 running on their newer improved firmware with the AF improvements.
Will have to wait and see.

Yeah I saw that but then others are saying its the same as the XT-3 / X-Pro3 running on their newer improved firmware with the AF improvements.
Will have to wait and see.

The AF on my X100F is slower than the AF was on my X-T2, not by much and still perfectly usable, but there was some discussion at the launch time of the X100F about having to keep the processor cooler as the body was smaller. I was invited to a pre-production day with X100F, where we got to shoot (and keep the images) with pre-production X100Fs, these cameras were not running the production release firmware, and I felt that these were marginally slower than the released X100F.

My understanding is that Fujifilm's latest generation of processors run cooler, so we might see a small increase in AF speed, but this is also lens dependent.

I'm intrigued, which stand will you be on?

I’ve got a pod on the Analogue Spotlight stand for my Chroma cameras. I’ll have my current Advanced 4x5 as well as 2 new models.

Adjustments.JPG

That’s a customer camera I built a few weeks ago, with custom bellows, that I’m borrowing for the stand [emoji1303]

A little story.....

I had an interview today, first one in 8 years..... And, as I was getting ready I put my cufflinks on and realised that next month they will be 50 years old. They were given to me by my siter & her husband for being a page boy at their wedding - I was 8 at the time. I couldn't appreciate them at that age, but they have been to almost every "big deal" I've done throughout my sales career (which spans some 35 years now).

I just had to take a little time this afternoon to take a picture of them... 18 carat gold & Mother of Pearl.

50th anniversary by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

A little story.....

I had an interview today, first one in 8 years..... And, as I was getting ready I put my cufflinks on and realised that next month they will be 50 years old. They were given to me by my siter & her husband for being a page boy at their wedding - I was 8 at the time. I couldn't appreciate them at that age, but they have been to almost every "big deal" I've done throughout my sales career (which spans some 35 years now).

I just had to take a little time this afternoon to take a picture of them... 18 carat gold & Mother of Pearl.

50th anniversary by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Nice story. Let’s hope they’re lucky links Steve.

I’ve got a pod on the Analogue Spotlight stand for my Chroma cameras. I’ll have my current Advanced 4x5 as well as 2 new models.

View attachment 268625

That’s a customer camera I built a few weeks ago, with custom bellows, that I’m borrowing for the stand [emoji1303]
Nice (y)

Questions regarding the Fuji panoramic feature, particularly the X100. Can you stop the sweep when you want, or is it a set width/number of frames, eg could you stop the sweep so that you can get a 24mm FOV from a 35mm lens? Can you choose orientation of the sweep? Are panoramics jpeg only?

Questions regarding the Fuji panoramic feature, particularly the X100. Can you stop the sweep when you want, or is it a set width/number of frames, eg could you stop the sweep so that you can get a 24mm FOV from a 35mm lens? Can you choose orientation of the sweep? Are panoramics jpeg only?

Panoramic as with most advance filter options is JPG only

It’s a fixed sweep, you can’t stop part way through and it’s quite fussy about speed of sweep

Sweep left to right only

If you want 24mm from 35mm shoot two or three shots and merge them in Lightroom

Back