The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Name
Riz
Edit My Images
No
Well I don't "need" any glass, but they are all lenses/focal lengths that I currently use and would like to continue using. 10-24mm and 18-55mm for landscapes, 35mm f1.4 for car events and puppy portraits, 56mm f1.2 for portraits, 50-140mm for sports, and 100-400mm for sports and wildlife. I'm sure I could 'cope' without having them all, and I did question whether I needed the 10-24mm, but most of my favourite landscape photos are taken with the Nikon 18-35mm at 18mm
Sell the lot chap..... :D

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
Well I don't "need" any glass, but they are all lenses/focal lengths that I currently use and would like to continue using. 10-24mm and 18-55mm for landscapes, 35mm f1.4 for car events and puppy portraits, 56mm f1.2 for portraits, 50-140mm for sports, and 100-400mm for sports and wildlife. I'm sure I could 'cope' without having them all, and I did question whether I needed the 10-24mm, but most of my favourite landscape photos are taken with the Nikon 18-35mm at 18mm.
I'd be surprised if the X-T3 didn't fall a bit further. Currently £865 grey, not sure how quickly grey prices will fall for the X-T4?
The difference will still stay the same imo, why discount further when one has IBIS and one doesn't ? I think the two cameras will sell side by side personally rather than the XT-3 being discontinued.

Name
Riz
Edit My Images
No
The difference will still stay the same imo, why discount further when one has IBIS and one doesn't ? I think the two cameras will sell side by side personally rather than the XT-3 being discontinued.
And what will happen to the X-H line mmmmmm.
They have discontinued the X-H1 :eek:

Edit My Images
No
I just think that older models always reduce in price when a new model comes out. IBIS is a good reason why price would come down, if the difference between the X-T3 and X-T4 isn't much then why would you buy the X-T3 when the X-T4 has IBIS and other improvements? IMO they would have to reduce the price of the X-T3 to keep people buying it (y)

Name
Riz
Edit My Images
No
I just think that older models always reduce in price when a new model comes out. IBIS is a good reason why price would come down, if the difference between the X-T3 and X-T4 isn't much then why would you buy the X-T3 when the X-T4 has IBIS and other improvements? IMO they would have to reduce the price of the X-T3 to keep people buying it (y)
I think Fuji will reduce the price on the X-T3 and keep it on-sale along side the X-T4.
The X-T bodies are no longer made in Japan :( so the margins are bigger for them.

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
Because as i've already said I think the XT-4 will be £400-500 more so not close at all

Fuji Dave

Terminator
Name
Arnie
Edit My Images
No
X-H1 + XF50mm f2 today, sky was a total washout white but I like this shot.

West Pier Ruins
by Dave, on Flickr

X-H1 + XF56mm f1.2 gave him a fiver for the shot.

Guitar Man
by Dave, on Flickr

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
Yes
I sold my xt2 and a few lenses to pay for a garage to studio conversion and thought I'd miss it with 'only' the xt20 and a couple of lenses left. It's mainly school stuff and some baby stuff i shoot and haven't bothered to buy another xt2 as the xt20 does exactly what i require from it.
Likewise, I dropped out of this a long time ago - just picked up an X-T20 for just £299 from the Refurb Store - perfectly good enough for my needs.

Edit My Images
No
Because as i've already said I think the XT-4 will be £400-500 more so not close at all
Ahh sorry, I misunderstood. We'll have to wait and see, but I still think they'll add and extra incentive to buy the X-T3, even if it's a free grip or something.

Edit My Images
No
Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Fuji X100V ....... :p
Nah, I`m not too keen on fixed lens, and the rangefinder format ;)

Trouble is, is that I`m happy with my T2. Do I need a 2nd body? No not really, as for me it`s just a hobby ... But. Also I`ve never really been a fan of zooms, and although a friend brought a 16-55 to CC last night (which is a nice bit of glass), damn it`s a lump. Possible shift my 55-200 and go for the bazooka ;) I dunno, questions, questions.

Last edited:
Name
Riz
Edit My Images
No
Nah, I`m not too keen on fixed lens, and the rangefinder format ;)

Trouble is, is that I`m happy with my T2. Do I need a 2nd body? No not really, as for me it`s just a hobby ... But. Also I`ve never really been a fan of zooms, and although a friend brought a 16-55 to CC last night (which is a nice bit of glass), damn it`s a lump. Possible shift my 55-200 and go for the bazooka ;) I dunno, questions, questions.
Mmmmm stick with the X-T2 if your happy, avoid GAS :D

Edit My Images
No
I sold my xt2 and a few lenses to pay for a garage to studio conversion and thought I'd miss it with 'only' the xt20 and a couple of lenses left. It's mainly school stuff and some baby stuff i shoot and haven't bothered to buy another xt2 as the xt20 does exactly what i require from it.
What lenses did you pair with the X-T20?

Fuji Dave

Terminator
Name
Arnie
Edit My Images
No

Fuji Dave

Terminator
Name
Arnie
Edit My Images
No
Another of the busker but done in Nik Cllection, H1 + XF56mm f1.2

OH
by Dave, on Flickr

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Likewise, I dropped out of this a long time ago - just picked up an X-T20 for just £299 from the Refurb Store - perfectly good enough for my needs.
I’ve done the same a few days ago, love my Nikon Z6 but the size of the lenses aren’t exactly small. Picked up a T20 and 18-55 for when I want a light package.

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Just got myself the Fuji 35mm f1.4 lens to go with mt X-T20. It makes some strange noises but it seems that its well reported that its the aperture blades chattering/moving to keep the exposure constant in the viewfinder/screen.
One thing I have noticed though, its stunningly sharp, even wide open @ f1.4. Not had a chance to try it in daylight yet but I think I'll have to be careful not to cut myself with it if I stop down a little. ;)

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Just got myself the Fuji 35mm f1.4 lens to go with mt X-T20. It makes some strange noises but it seems that its well reported that its the aperture blades chattering/moving to keep the exposure constant in the viewfinder/screen.
One thing I have noticed though, its stunningly sharp, even wide open @ f1.4. Not had a chance to try it in daylight yet but I think I'll have to be careful not to cut myself with it if I stop down a little. ;)

Some say it's noisy, never really noticed on mine. And yes, like all the f1.4 series, it's quite sharp wide open.

Name
James (Retired)
Edit My Images
No
After buying a new X100F & selling it about 6 months later i,m very happy with my X-T3 now.:banana:
I suppose fixed lenses suit some people but it didn,t me,won,t be going down that route again.:)

Edit My Images
No
Mine 'chattered' too, perfectly normal from what I read (y)

Edit My Images
No
Has anyone tried the Mitakon 35mm f0.95 on Fuji? What's your thoughts on rendering, and how easy is it to focus? Which focus method did you use?

Name
Rick
Edit My Images
No
Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Edit My Images
Yes
I had my first day out shooting with my new-to-me X-T1 - my first dip into Fujifilmland. I just had the XC 15-45 cheapie attached, so the afternoon was about camera handling while I wait for my first XF lens (23mm/f2).

First impression: great - I love the EVF display over the Sony A6500. The focus+DoF display is super useful, although I gather that many people say it's inaccurate. For me, the actual distances do not matter - the visual indication of how much DoF there is in-front/behind the subject is brilliant. Some reviews said the X-T1's buttons were a bit hard to press, but I haven't had a problem.

The shutter-speed dial is not quite as ergonomically placed as I'd hoped, but maybe I'll get used to it. And the EV Comp dial is stiffer than I like (I've been spoiled by the A7ii's near-perfect feel for that one).

I got home late last night, so have not yet had the chance to pixel-peep the results. More later...

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
No
I used my X100F for the first time last night, at a relatively low light indoors family meal, and have both positive and negative feelings. As a quick summary, versus the RX1 I swapped for it;

Positives:

- Autofocus is definitely faster.
- The lager body feels more ergonomic generally.
- The layout of the buttons/dials is more comfortable and pretty easy to reach
- Wireless image transfer is useful for sharing images (my RX1 mk1 didn't have that but my A7 does so I'd got used to it)

Negatives:

- The quality of the EVF feels lower versus the RX1. Refresh rate is ok but overall resolution feels lower.
- OVF feels a little gimmicky, at least until I get used to the parallax correction aids which still don't seem to match up entirely with the composition (regardless of focus distance).
- The RX1 body is smaller but didn't feel, to me at least, that it needed a grip whereas I find the X100F feels like it does even though the overall body design is nicer.
- Image output is good but shows obvious difference between crop/full frame (as expected) and the lens on the RX1 is noticeably better wide open.
- Wireless image transfer is pretty slow and the app feels a bit less polished than the Sony Imaging Edge app.

These are just early thoughts, from the first time I've used it in what will be a common situation, so I'm sure a few of them will be resolved the more I use it. At the moment, I still really like the overall camera and haven't ruled out an X100V in the future (assuming I can get some hands on at The Photography Show).