The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Panoramic as with most advance filter options is JPG only

It’s a fixed sweep, you can’t stop part way through and it’s quite fussy about speed of sweep

Sweep left to right only

If you want 24mm from 35mm shoot two or three shots and merge them in Lightroom
That’s a shame. Lightroom merge it’ll have to be then (y)

I like to shoot panoramas with the camera in portrait orientation to get more ‘height’ in the image.

Last edited:
That’s a shame. Lightroom merge it’ll have to be then (y)

I like to shoot panoramas with the camera in portrait orientation to get more ‘height’ in the image.

I do this on my T3 quite regularly. I did a 6 shot pano, each containing 5 exposures and brought them together in Lightroom. Bloody clever I thought.....

I do this on my T3 quite regularly. I did a 6 shot pano, each containing 5 exposures and brought them together in Lightroom. Bloody clever I thought.....
It is, it’s just if there’s a scene where people are moving (such as a city) then the speed of sweep panorama has less chance of ‘artefacts’. I did the whole separate frames and stitch in LR with my Olympus without too many issues though.

Or wait for X-T4 [emoji6]
Have to be honest i'm sick of being ripped off as an early adopter so they won't be getting my cash for an XT-4 when the XH-1 is half the price with grip and extra batteries.

The X100 line is a bit different, yes they drop but hold up relatively well by comparison to the XT line, probably because people tend to buy them and keep them for quite a while, some people actually use them LOL

I'm wondering if I have a problem with the ERF display on my newly acquired X-Pro 2...........or if I've simply disabled something.

According to the manual, flicking the viewfinder selector switch on the front of the camera should mean I toggle through EVF ->OVF ->ERF, however I can only get the ERF to display when I have the focus mode set to manual.

Is this right?evfovf.jpg

Have to be honest i'm sick of being ripped off as an early adopter so they won't be getting my cash for an XT-4 when the XH-1 is half the price with grip and extra batteries.

The X100 line is a bit different, yes they drop but hold up relatively well by comparison to the XT line, probably because people tend to buy them and keep them for quite a while, some people actually use them LOL
I too was looking at the Fuji X-H1 with Battery Grip and 3 batteries... seems a great price for what it is.... who know's, I may just buy one and a Fujinon 56mm f1.2 AND the Fuji X100V too :D lol :eek:

I too was looking at the Fuji X-H1 with Battery Grip and 3 batteries... seems a great price for what it is.... who know's, I may just buy one and a Fujinon 56mm f1.2 AND the Fuji X100V too :D lol :eek:
Think i'm going XH-1 + 10-24, 16-55, 50-140 for work plus the X100V for street.

I feel your pain.... I have a pair of T2's that are worth 25% of what they were new. It's a great feature packed camera, but Fuji's desire to push new models and dump the price of older ones, especially in the refurb store, has mad me decide that I wont be chasing an X-T4 very soon, unless it offers something considerably different or new. I might look at an X-H1 if I can move on one of the T2's, but I think I'd rather invest in more glass right now. I need another 16 f1.4, should never have got rid of the last one.

I feel your pain.... I have a pair of T2's that are worth 25% of what they were new. It's a great feature packed camera, but Fuji's desire to push new models and dump the price of older ones, especially in the refurb store, has mad me decide that I wont be chasing an X-T4 very soon, unless it offers something considerably different or new. I might look at an X-H1 if I can move on one of the T2's, but I think I'd rather invest in more glass right now. I need another 16 f1.4, should never have got rid of the last one.

My T2 -> H1 'upgrade' cost less than £200 and I got two extra batteries!! A T2 with grip just sold on the Fuji Buy and Sell Facebook group for £340!!! Its still a great camera though. When the X-T4 hits, I expect we may see more s/h X-H1's available so you the cost of change for you should be very little.

Just a heads up folks, stocks of the Fuji X-H1 + Battery Grip at £849 have dried up. Find and buy them while you can as I doubt they will be around much longer.
This leads me to believe that Fuji may actually release a X-H2 closer after then X-T4 :eek:

Or buy Mk1's and fit the magnets that do the auto switch. IMO the WCL is great the TCL less so, as it really unbalances the camera
Yeah I know that the TCL is a big massive piece of a glass but it does give you 50mm for portraits.
If I can get them new for less than £200 each I may splash out for them lol :eek: Not seen many used version II's about.

@Riz_Guru personally I'd just invest in a nice strap (the Fujifilm one is too short), and/or a wrist strap, and a second battery.

At present I have the following bits already bought...... :eek: :D :p

JJC Soft Shutter Release Button Silver/Black
Artisan & Artist Black Camera Strange ACAM 102
Op/Tech Micro Hood
Wotancraft Ryker Small Bag

On this list is.......
Fujifilm X100V (Silver)
Fujifilm Li-ion battery NP-W126S
Fujifilm Li-ion battery NP-W126S Charger - but may drop this and stick to in-camera USB C charging
Fujifilm Protector Filter PRF-49S Silver
Fujifilm Hood & Adaptor FH-X100 Silver
Fujifilm Glass LCD Screen Protector

I already have the following which I may keep.....
Nissin i60a flash

And maybe....
Fujifilm TCL-X100 II Tele & Wide Silver - if I can get them for sub £200 each / used.

:D

Living the Hipster dream......
Oh yes....
Churchill_Insurance_logo.jpg

Likewise, I dropped out of this a long time ago - just picked up an X-T20 for just £299 from the Refurb Store - perfectly good enough for my needs.

Wow! Didn't realise they've dropped to this price! This paired with 23/35 would make for a great entry Fuji system. Might have to nudge a few shooter's I know who've ran their X-T10s for years.

Anyone got any ideas on what the "minor bug fix" is on the T2 firmware update?

I'm wondering if I have a problem with the ERF display on my newly acquired X-Pro 2...........or if I've simply disabled something.

According to the manual, flicking the viewfinder selector switch on the front of the camera should mean I toggle through EVF ->OVF ->ERF, however I can only get the ERF to display when I have the focus mode set to manual.

Is this right?View attachment 268696
Realised I had the AF Mode setting as Zone. Changing it to Single Point fixes it

Just a heads up folks, stocks of the Fuji X-H1 + Battery Grip at £849 have dried up. Find and buy them while you can as I doubt they will be around much longer.
This leads me to believe that Fuji may actually release a X-H2 closer after then X-T4 :eek:

In the refurb store at £699............and @Jelster 16-80 is £599 in refurb store

On the X100V front, I have now seen that Store AF point by Orientation is in the menus and it does 9 shot bracketing and has the up to 15min exposure in timed mode, three of my slight dislikes on the X100F have been 'fixed', going to look this weekend to see what I can sell to help fund the compulsory purchase....still undecided on colour though.......

Last edited:
In the refurb store at £699............

On the X100V front, I have now seen that Store AF point by Orientation is in the menus and it does 9 shot bracketing and has the up to 15min exposure in timed mode, three of my slight dislikes on the X100F have been 'fixed', going to look this weekend to see what I can sell to help fund the compulsory purchase....still undecided on colour though.......

SILVER .... its the defacto choice for us hipsters :D lol
ZPR-fuji-x100v-beauty_outdoor.jpg

@Riz_Guru Stop It, Stop It, I still have my silver X100, I'm undecided on whether to keep my black X100F, it really is quite battered (by this forums buying standards), I do like the silver but then I also like the black
The Black looks stealthy but maybe the paint will eventually come off... it's really silver underneath anyways...... :D lol
Just get rid of both the X100 and X100F and get the Silver X100V.... job done!

That’s why I’m waiting to see what happens to the X-T3 prices once the 4 is out.
Think i'm going XH-1 + 10-24, 16-55, 50-140 for work plus the X100V for street.
My latest thoughts are X100V for travel/days out and the the X-T3, 10-24mm, 18-55mm, 35mm f1.4 (or maybe the Samyang 35mm f1.2), 56mm f1.2, 50-140mm f2.8 and 100-400mm. That covers everything I need without running two systems, and of course you get a very pretty camera :LOL:
Or buy Mk1's and fit the magnets that do the auto switch. IMO the WCL is great the TCL less so, as it really unbalances the camera
Have you tried using the TCL with a grip, if so did balance feel any better?

In the refurb store at £699............and @Jelster 16-80 is £599 in refurb store

I wasn’t aware of the refurb store, I need to take a look. Do you get warranty?

That’s why I’m waiting to see what happens to the X-T3 prices once the 4 is out.
My latest thoughts are X100V for travel/days out and the the X-T3, 10-24mm, 18-55mm, 35mm f1.4 (or maybe the Samyang 35mm f1.2), 56mm f1.2, 50-140mm f2.8 and 100-400mm. That covers everything I need without running two systems, and of course you get a very pretty camera :LOL:

I'm sure you don't really need all that glass (want it maybe......) and not like you to not to want some of the best glass XF16mmF1.4 and XF90mm F2??

Yes even with a grip the TCL makes the camera feel front heavy

The Black looks stealthy but maybe the paint will eventually come off... it's really silver underneath anyways...... :D lol
Just get rid of both the X100 and X100F and get the Silver X100V.... job done!

Not parting with the original X100, its part of the family now.......

And I liked this video

Last edited:
I think the XT-3 retail price has bottomed and I really can't see many trading them in for the XT-4 it's way too soon. XT-4 likely to be around £1600 so for new buyers it's a choice of paying an extra £400-500 for IBIS or going XT-3.

I'm sure you don't really need all that glass (want it maybe......) and not like you to not want some of the best glass XF16mmF1.4 and XF90mm F2??

Yes even with a grip the TCL makes the camera feel front heavy
Well I don't "need" any glass, but they are all lenses/focal lengths that I currently use and would like to continue using. 10-24mm and 18-55mm for landscapes, 35mm f1.4 for car events and puppy portraits, 56mm f1.2 for portraits, 50-140mm for sports, and 100-400mm for sports and wildlife. I'm sure I could 'cope' without having them all, and I did question whether I needed the 10-24mm, but most of my favourite landscape photos are taken with the Nikon 18-35mm at 18mm.
I think the XT-3 retail price has bottomed and I really can't see many trading them in for the XT-4 it's way too soon. XT-4 likely to be around £1600 so for new buyers it's a choice of paying an extra £400-500 for IBIS or going XT-3.
I'd be surprised if the X-T3 didn't fall a bit further. Currently £865 grey, not sure how quickly grey prices will fall for the X-T4?

Back