The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Two very nice candid street style shots, liking both of these very much.

“Dave I should be really interested to know how you get this PP effect. I remember you did one of the interior of a bar room a time or two back that I particularly liked. I currently do all of my PP work using either Affinity, Luminar 3, and On1 Raw 2020”

George.
Amazing! How did you do the editing on this one? I love the contrast editing.

Thank you both for the comments. Started the Raf edit in C1 dropped the contrast down and turned to B&W then took it to Affinity Photo where my Nik Collection plugin is, went into Silver effects ( I think ) and played around in the B&W bit and just moved the sliders till I really liked it.

Another sunset walk up to The Stiperstones..

Last Light On Stiperstones
by Jason, on Flickr
Very nice again, if you don’t mind me asking how demanding is the walk to get up there? My brother lives in Shrewsbury so we’re often over that way and it looks worth a visit, the issue is I have a back injury that limits my walking to a degree so some local knowledge would be helpful in deciding if it would be sensible or not :)

Thank you both for the comments. Started the Raf edit in C1 dropped the contrast down and turned to B&W then took it to Affinity Photo where my Nik Collection plugin is, went into Silver effects ( I think ) and played around in the B&W bit and just moved the sliders till I really liked it.

Many thanks for that Dave much appreciated, I didn't know it was possible to get the "Nik Collection" plugin for Affinity.

George.

Many thanks for that Dave much appreciated, I didn't know it was possible to get the "Nik Collection" plugin for Affinity.

George.

@G.K.Jnr.

Once in Affinity Photo Click on EDIT then right at the bottom Click on Preferences then Click on PhotoShop plugins, then Click ADD and if you have any plugins you use then you can find them. Then on the bottom in Affinity Click ALLOW UNKNOWN plugins and Click Close. Affinity Photo will then close and restart and your good to go (y)

Very nice landscape style Fujigraph, nicely composed with some really good tones & colour.

George.

Many thanks George. :)

Very nice again, if you don’t mind me asking how demanding is the walk to get up there? My brother lives in Shrewsbury so we’re often over that way and it looks worth a visit, the issue is I have a back injury that limits my walking to a degree so some local knowledge would be helpful in deciding if it would be sensible or not :)

Cheers.

It’s a brisk walk from the car park, maybe ten minutes, to get to the ridge line. Another ten minutes at a decent pace will get you to the top, (you can see the trig point in my photo.) It’s not overly steep and the first part is on a nice, wide grassy path. One thing to be aware of is that the path becomes quite stoney when you get near the ridge line. It would be quite easy to turn an ankle if you don’t watch your footing. It’s a pretty remote location as well.

If you do visit make sure you park in the top car park. The first car park you will see is called The Bog (!?). Drive up the road past it and keep going. You’ll see the signs for the car park. (It’s free parking.)

Sunrise is on the car park side of the ridge. Sunset on the other side. Some nice views from the ridge and it’s a steady walk to the top and onwards.

I‘ve got to really like the location over the last few months. It’s not far for me to drive, it’s fairly quiet and it’s a nice walk up.

HTH.

It’s a brisk walk from the car park, maybe ten minutes, to get to the ridge line. Another ten minutes at a decent pace will get you to the top, (you can see the trig point in my photo.) It’s not overly steep and the first part is on a nice, wide grassy path. One thing to be aware of is that the path becomes quite stoney when you get near the ridge line. It would be quite easy to turn an ankle if you don’t watch your footing. It’s a pretty remote location as well.

If you do visit make sure you park in the top car park. The first car park you will see is called The Bog (!?). Drive up the road past it and keep going. You’ll see the signs for the car park. (It’s free parking.)

Sunrise is on the car park side of the ridge. Sunset on the other side. Some nice views from the ridge and it’s a steady walk to the top and onwards.

I‘ve got to really like the location over the last few months. It’s not far for me to drive, it’s fairly quiet and it’s a nice walk up.
Thanks for that, very helpful, it sounds doable from that so I’ll very probably try and ditch the family for a couple of hours next time we’re that way and have an explore :)
Thanks again. James :)

@G.K.Jnr.

Once in Affinity Photo Click on EDIT then right at the bottom Click on Preferences then Click on PhotoShop plugins, then Click ADD and if you have any plugins you use then you can find them. Then on the bottom in Affinity Click ALLOW UNKNOWN plugins and Click Close. Affinity Photo will then close and restart and your good to go (y)

Dave that’s very helpful of you, thank you so much I’ll give it a go tomorrow.

George.

Hei Søren - thanks for the response. My biggest dilemma is when using the Laowa 2:1 magnification lens at max. magnification, I am so close to the subject that the lens actually gets in the way of the light, throwing a shadow over the subject., hence the wish for a ring flash so that the light source is not impeded by the lens barrel.
2:1 lit by TT685 through diffuser. Setup beneath though with the Fuji 80mm
https://www.fotostart.dk/index.php?p=110&i=114680

DSC_0380.JPG

Out doing my doorstep portraits today and took the H1 along with the T3 and had a play with it whilst doing the shoot as I know this family. I haven’t changed my settings on the body yet but the image is soft? Ibis was on, but it seems like some shake has been introduced. Any idea where it’s gone wrong?
f2.2
1/2700
iso 200

View: https://flic.kr/p/2j4UpYN

Out doing my doorstep portraits today and took the H1 along with the T3 and had a play with it whilst doing the shoot as I know this family. I haven’t changed my settings on the body yet but the image is soft? Ibis was on, but it seems like some shake has been introduced. Any idea where it’s gone wrong?
f2.2
1/2700
iso 200

I’ve noticed this on odd shots, I’ve been using IBIS when shooting only, was going to try continuous to see if it still happens, it definitely doesn’t happen when IBIS is off

I’ve noticed this on odd shots, I’ve been using IBIS when shooting only, was going to try continuous to see if it still happens, it definitely doesn’t happen when IBIS is off

Strange. I took a couple of shots and the other is fine. I’ve never experienced it before

That's it, the 56 will be going on the XP1 tomorrow and I'll try a few shots. This is super, the rendition is just so nice.
Thanks Rick, this original file was accidentally over exposed quite a bit, but in raw I pulled it back a bit as it was badly blown out. When first viewing the image I thought it was taken with the XF90/2 I owned a while back.

Yes, the 56 is rather special glass, so love what it creates -- colours are exquisite.

mac

Last edited:
Thanks Rick, this original file was accidentally over exposed quite a bit, but in raw I pulled it back a bit as it was badly blown out. When first viewing the image I thought it was taken with the XF90/2 I owned a while back.

Yes, the 56 is rather special glass, so love what it creates -- colours are exquisite.

mac
I love the 56, and also the 90, especially on the XH1.

mac
Ready to go...

DSCF5425 by Rick Phillips, on Flickr

DSCF5423 by Rick Phillips, on Flickr

f2.2
1/2700
iso 200

This has happened to me too. And now I have set the ibis to on all the time. From reading up on it, it seems we are too quick to fully depress the shutter, hence not giving the ibis enough time to prime itself. Since turning it on full time, I haven`t had any issues with it.
Oh and hardly any noticable difference in battery life either (y)

Last edited:
This has happened to me too. And now I have set the ibis to on all the time. From reading up on it, it seems we are too quick to fully depress the shutter, hence not giving the ibis enough time to prime itself. Since turning it on full time, I haven`t had any issues with it.
Oh and hardly any noticable difference in battery life either (y)

That’s good to know, I had a niggle about battery life, but hopefully all is good.

BTW if anyone is interested, I’m doing a live broadcast on Monday for the Cambrian Photography Virtual Show, I’m using the X-H1, I’ve tested how long it will output video on the HDMI before the battery depletes, with IBIS off and in manual focus it’s 1hr 40mins, probably could eek a bit more if I turned the rear screen off but that’s plenty good enough for me!!

https://www.cambrianphoto.co.uk/pages/virtual-show-speakers

That’s good to know, I had a niggle about battery life, but hopefully all is good.

BTW if anyone is interested, I’m doing a live broadcast on Monday for the Cambrian Photography Virtual Show, I’m using the X-H1, I’ve tested how long it will output video on the HDMI before the battery depletes, with IBIS off and in manual focus it’s 1hr 40mins, probably could eek a bit more if I turned the rear screen off but that’s plenty good enough for me!!

https://www.cambrianphoto.co.uk/pages/virtual-show-speakers

the virtual show sounds good unfortunately probably wont be able to see it live do you know if you can stream it after the event?

Is that one of the cheap diffusers you can get on Amazon Soren?
Yes but the hole is to big for the 65mm Laowa so I'm looking for one with a smaller hole. It does work but you have to hold it onto the lens while shooting. Kind of worth it since it gives great light. The one on the 105mm, A6000 setup is a plastic plate I cut a hole through.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes but the hole is to big for the 65mm Laowa so I'm looking for one with a smaller hole. It does work but you have to hold it onto the lens while shooting. Kind of worth it since it gives great light. The one on the 105mn A6000 setup is a plastic plate I cut a hole through.
Thanks Soren that's a shame it dosent fit the Laowa although they are cheap enough so I might pick one up anyhow.

Yes should all be available on Cambrian's Facebook page and YouTube afterwards

I won`t be able to watch live, so will defo watch the tube (y) Any chance you could post a link when it`s up :)

Back