The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Capture 1 express for Fuji looks like a bargain.I wouldnt benefit from the pro version.
Who's using it and how are you getting on with it,I seem to recall I liked the results a few years back with the Sony version.

I only upgraded from express to Pro last week (promo code a few pages back), and find it so much better for processing raw files than ACR (y)

yes i sold my LR6 recently. i also own Affinity photo but ive always liked the way C1 works with fuji files so im looking forward to using it. let us know how you find the pro version versus express once youve had a good chance to explore it

yes i sold my LR6 recently. i also own Affinity photo but ive always liked the way C1 works with fuji files so im looking forward to using it. let us know how you find the pro version versus express once youve had a good chance to explore it

Well for a start, there's a multitude of small adjustments you can make. I'm guessing express has about 20% of what pro has, maybe even less. Imo with the code I posted up, it's a steal for the price.
I'm still trying to work my way through it, but it's good.

c6c0ac48054e00c4da7f44ab78df8a2b

I'm sure I can find some stickers to hide the fact that its a S**y :D

Nothing wrong with those little cameras David, I’ve had an RX100M6 for some time now and the stills & video output from it is excellent. Not as good as the Fuji-X units but one wouldn’t expect that as the files are are quite a bit smaller. I’ll be investing in the M7 in the near future as the stabilisation & tracking are better and it also has faster auto focus as well as a built in mic socket.

You’ll need a bunch of extra batteries if your going to shoot vid’s together with a fast card. And also depending on what your going to shoot a Gimbal is pretty useful.

George.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with those little cameras David, I’ve had an RX100M6 for some time now and the stills & video output from it is excellent. Not as good as the Fuji-X units but one wouldn’t expect that as the files are are quite a bit smaller. I’ll be investing in the M7 in the near future as the stabilisation & tracking are better and it also has faster auto focus as well as a built in mic socket.

You’ll need a bunch of extra batteries if your going to shoot vid’s together with a fast card. And also depending on what your going to shoot a Gimbal is pretty useful.

George.

George, thanks, I have ordered extra batteries and the handheld bluetooth shooting grip, which also turns into a mini-tripod. My son has a gimbal and I think I will be leaving that style of shooting to him! (he also has a drone, so I think we have nearly all bases covered), though I'm so tempted to get an Edelkrone Slider - I'm not sure if I need one or am, just lusting because they are so cool, especially when combined with an additional rotary drive!!! The Z-V1 should have the tracking of the M7 and has a mic port

thanks Peter,i hope you are keeping well these days?.
All good Chris thanks, meant to have a lumber puncture procedure today but it could be cancelled etc..
How are you keeping yourself..?

Are you back with Fuji...??

Cheers;
Peter

oh,i hope you get that sorted Peter,im very well thanks ,another few days and ive made it to 70,never thought that when i was shoving purple hearts down my throat back in the 60's lol.(thats 60's era,not took anything since '72. .
yes i bought an xt100 for my daughter as she wanted a camera and be perfect fir her and came across a very excellent cond XT1 cheap so thought i'd step back into Fuji as after all this is the best thread on TP lol.
looks like you sold your Nikon stuff?

All this talk is giving me an X100 itch again! I know the V has faster AF than the F is it that much better?. Im struggling using an RX100VA indoors focusing on grandchildren moving quickly due to the the small EVF. The X100F/V optical may make it easier. (Yes I know I should just use my X-T4 but larger cameras put the younger kids off)
Any thoughts?

All this talk is giving me an X100 itch again! I know the V has faster AF than the F is it that much better?. Im struggling using an RX100VA indoors focusing on grandchildren moving quickly due to the the small EVF. The X100F/V optical may make it easier. (Yes I know I should just use my X-T4 but larger cameras put the younger kids off)
Any thoughts?

Can you not zone focus with the RX100, just focus at certain place, then hit the shutter when the children are in the right focus range. An F/V in not brilliant light (ie indoors) will not focus reliably quickly every time

Can you not zone focus with the RX100, just focus at certain place, then hit the shutter when the children are in the right focus range. An F/V in not brilliant light (ie indoors) will not focus reliably quickly every time
Thanks for replying David. I did wonder if it was technique but I still struggled with a small EVF after using the X-T4. Helpful info about the X100F/V indoors. I had hoped the F2 lens would help.

I’ve just discovered that there is a Photomatix plug-in for Capture One. That fixes the lack of exposure blending in the software. Hopefully CO will add their own version in future anyway. Only pano stitching missing for me now and then I can cancel my Adobe subscription.

I’ve just discovered that there is a Photomatix plug-in for Capture One. That fixes the lack of exposure blending in the software. Hopefully CO will add their own version in future anyway. Only pano stitching missing for me now and then I can cancel my Adobe subscription.
There is always affinity photo Jason, think it's still 50% off at the mo - £25 ish

Talk to me about the XT-3 and XT-4....

If you didn’t have either what one would you pick and why?
How do they differ from the X100F/V?
If I was going to stick a 23mm on the front as my main lens why wouldn’t I just buy an X100 instead?

If I was going to stick a 23mm on the front as my main lens why wouldn’t I just buy an X100 instead?

Now you’re over thinking it..just get the V

If you're only ever going to use the 23mm then get the X100. If you ever want a different focal length, the X100 is probably not right for you ;)

Do you want a fixed lens camera? Get the X100V or the X100F for £599 on Fuji Refurb.

If you want an interchangeable lens camera wait for your GX9 or, as it would appear you are after a rangefinder style camera, then look at the X-Pro2 on Fuji Refurb at £599 or treat yourself, as I did, to the Graphite X-Pro2 with the 23mm F2 weather resistant lens at £999.

If you really want a rangefinder style camera and are considering a X100V at £1300 then check out @Fuji Dave classified ad, he is selling an almost new X-Pro3 for £1000 which has to be the cheapest in the land and which, had I not just bought a X100V, would be sitting alongside my other Fuji's.

Sit on the Naughty Step until you have made your mind up.

Now you’re over thinking it..just get the V

I’m sure you just want a cheap one in the classifieds in a few weeks :ROFLMAO:

If you're only ever going to use the 23mm then get the X100. If you ever want a different focal length, the X100 is probably not right for you ;)

I enjoy the freedom of a single FL - but I might also need the ability to swap lenses if required :help:

lIf you want less stress,get the X100 :giggle:

This is probably very true (y)

Do you want a fixed lens camera? Get the X100V or the X100F for £599 on Fuji Refurb.

If you want an interchangeable lens camera wait for your GX9 or, as it would appear you are after a rangefinder style camera, then look at the X-Pro2 on Fuji Refurb at £599 or treat yourself, as I did, to the Graphite X-Pro2 with the 23mm F2 weather resistant lens at £999.

If you really want a rangefinder style camera and are considering a X100V at £1300 then check out @Fuji Dave classified ad, he is selling an almost new X-Pro3 for £1000 which has to be the cheapest in the land and which, had I not just bought a X100V, would be sitting alongside my other Fuji's.

Sit on the Naughty Step until you have made your mind up.

Indeed, the rangefinder style suits me better.
Not looked at an XP2, but unfortunately didn’t like what they did to the screen on the XP3 :sneaky:

I’m on the step now sir (y)

I’m sure you just want a cheap one in the classifieds in a few weeks :ROFLMAO:

I enjoy the freedom of a single FL - but I might also need the ability to swap lenses if required :help:

This is probably very true (y)

Indeed, the rangefinder style suits me better.
Not looked at an XP2, but unfortunately didn’t like what they did to the screen on the XP3 :sneaky:

I’m on the step now sir (y)[/QUOTE

Right, as you are on the Naughty Step! and you do like the rangefinder style, dislke the X-Pro3 screen and perhaps do want an interchangeable lens body then bingo, for the princely sum of £549 have a good look at the X-E3 with the XF 18-55mm lens in the Fuji Refurb shop. It is a lovely camera and the lens is a cracker and better than any so-called kit lens out there.

It ticks many boxes, albeit the screen doesnt tilt, and it knocks spots off the GX9 for almost similar money (in my deluded, but well intentioned, opinion).

Right, as you are on the Naughty Step! and you do like the rangefinder style, dislke the X-Pro3 screen and perhaps do want an interchangeable lens body then bingo, for the princely sum of £549 have a good look at the X-E3 with the XF 18-55mm lens in the Fuji Refurb shop. It is a lovely camera and the lens is a cracker and better than any so-called kit lens out there.

It ticks many boxes, albeit the screen doesnt tilt, and it knocks spots off the GX9 for almost similar money (in my deluded, but well intentioned, opinion).

Looking now sir - thanks

One from the Fuji Xpro1 and Xf23mm F2.0 WR

qInxoT0.jpg

Really liking this shot Adrian, the person helps to make the good shot even better.

George.

Back