The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Battery life is still as poor as I remember from my other fuji cameras. Dslrs still rule on battery life.

The power bank is super handy and the charger is tiny. Charges from flat to 100% quickly too. Rav power thing off amazon has charged 3 batteries from flat and is still showing as 4 led life out of 4. It'll be great for when I go camping again.

Also going to try it on a solar charging panel when the sun pokes through again.

Going out tomorrow @bl0at3r ?

Last edited:
Battery life is still as poor as I remember from my other fuji cameras. Dslrs still rule on battery life.

The power bank is super handy and the charger is tiny. Charges from flat to 100% quickly too. Rav power thing off amazon has charged 3 batteries from flat and is still showing as 4 led life out of 4. It'll be great for when I go camping again.

Also going to try it on a solar charging panel when the sun pokes through again.

Going out tomorrow @bl0at3r ?

Yes, out for first go with the V. Will see what the battery does afterwards and decide - I have a battery bank so might just be able to plug the usb c cable in from the camera to top up if necessary (y)

Been searching through my camera bag/pouch collection and I still had a Manfrotto Stile Collection Nano VII - the X100V fits perfectly.
Also, through research, the Think Tank Mirrorless Mover 5 is another good fit (y)

AC41C2A4-CC5F-4AFE-88CD-CCAD508F0CD4.jpeg
03EC322E-600C-4CEC-8409-B26F08044A74.jpeg

Quick question:

How does face/eye detection work if you're shooting a group?

Quick question:

How does face/eye detection work if you're shooting a group?
I think it depends on the camera, on the T3 you can switch to the detected face you want by using the joystick. To be honest I just use a single focus point when shooting a group of people.

Liking that Manfrotto. Has it got belt loops?

Is there any room in front of the lens for the camera to fit inside with the lens hood attached? Hood is approx. 10mm.

Its pelting with rain and windy here this morning, finding it hard to want to go out.

The Manfrotto is just big enough sideways and front to back for the standard body/lens with no attachments. There is about an inch above the camera where I can fold up the wrist strap before folding over the velco flap.

@bl0at3r

This is a nice film sim Alan

https://fujixweekly.com/2020/05/27/my-fujifilm-x100v-kodachrome-64-film-simulation-recipe/

Put one of your fn buttons as view mode too. It's great for getting the screen view mode on and off. Can't stand having the screen keep flicking on but need it to be turned on for the q menu. My old eyes cant stand looking at the menu system through the viewfinder.

Thanks - will look at the sim and the tip about the LCD is timely because I have been wondering how to turn it off - I like to shoot with the optical viewfinder and don't want the LCD on unless reviewing pics or using the Q menu as you say.

And we're off and running with my new X100V despite the gloomy dull sky and pending rain I had to get out and test it a little bit. It handles just like the previous iterations - like a faithful old friend. I am amazed at the detail that the 26.1MP sensor and the new 23mm f2 lens is resolving in these initial snaps. Also, I am happy to report that I've not noticed it getting really hot and the manual focus ring is not particularly graunchy either - but please note, I bought this camera for stills only so I have not even tried the video mode...

Even the Mannequins have masks!
by Alan F-Stop, on Flickr

Liberator by Alan F-Stop, on Flickr

TW-25
by Alan F-Stop, on Flickr

Last edited:
Nice shots Alan. So jealous you got out and I haven't.

Mine got warm when I had the menus on, but it was for an hour! Normal photo shooting is no problem at all. Think it was mostly 4k that caused issues but anyone that bought this for doing lots of video chose the wrong camera.

I don't know if others bother but I'm blocking the 2 small mic holes off. Some say it may reduce dust and water ingress. As we know, the internet is always right:p

Thanks @bumper - it was literally a brief stroll and ended up in the supermarket once it started raining :rolleyes:

I was in and out of the menus last night and I could feel a little warmth but nowhere near uncomfortable and certainly not anything I see as an issue. Agree, not the best camera for video.

Interesting about the mic holes :thinking:

Some with the XT2 and 16-80 I know a few people have asked about it and I’ve only had it a day.

First impressions I’m not blown away by it, it is soft in the corners and seems to be best at the 40mm -80mm range.

Will try it a bit more but for the price I think it will be going back and replace it with an 18-55.49981022558_d816021dd5_o.jpg49981845832_611781644f_o.jpg49981022453_e21421f953_o.jpg

Some with the XT2 and 16-80 I know a few people have asked about it and I’ve only had it a day.

First impressions I’m not blown away by it, it is soft in the corners and seems to be best at the 40mm -80mm range.

Will try it a bit more but for the price I think it will be going back and replace it with an 18-55.

That 16-80 doesn't get good reviews does it.....

Was thinking about one myself for a while, I like the constant f4, but compared to other Fuji glass, it's not exactly top of the class...

That 16-80 doesn't get good reviews does it.....

Was thinking about one myself for a while, I like the constant f4, but compared to other Fuji glass, it's not exactly top of the class...
No I'm dissappointed it's not making me think wow and for another £100 I could get a 16-55 which blows this out of the water.

Just a tree, but a pretty cool one ...

H1 23mm f8 iso200

Standing Proud by Paulie-W, on Flickr

Very nice landscape style Fujigraph, I wasn’t too sure at first about the cool colour presentation, but now its grown on me I like the presentation.

George.

Another trip up to The Stiperstones last week. After the hot weather it was back to normal - freezing cold and howling winds. Managed to avoid the rain in the distance though.

XT3 and 16-55f2.8 (and bobble hat and gloves.)

Stiperstones
by Jason, on Flickr

Very nice landscape style Fujigraph, well composed with some lovely light and a quite dramatic sky.

George.

Took the XT4 and the 90mm to our local park for our weekly lockdown jaunt. After a couple of weeks manual focussing with the Mitakon 35mm 0.95 It was nice to appreciate again just how fast this lens acquires focus. And also the compression it brings with the 90mm focal range :)

DSCF1678 by Phil Carver, on Flickr

DSCF1643 by Phil Carver, on Flickr

DSCF1612 by Phil Carver, on Flickr

Last edited:
Another trip up to The Stiperstones last week. After the hot weather it was back to normal - freezing cold and howling winds. Managed to avoid the rain in the distance though.

XT3 and 16-55f2.8 (and bobble hat and gloves.)

Stiperstones
by Jason, on Flickr

Wowsers - nice

Took the XT4 and the 90mm to our local park for our weekly lockdown jaunt. After a couple of weeks manual focussing with the Mitakon 35mm 0.95 It was nice to appreciate again just how fast this lens acquires focus. And also the compression it brings with the 90mm focal range :)

Very sharp and nice bokeh

Some great portraits there looks to be a quality lens.

I downloaded and installed Fuji Raw Studio onto my Windows 10 PC at the weekend and the installation went fine. However when I connected my X-Pro2 there was a message at the top left of the application window that said "Awaiting Camera to Connect" or similar. It stayed there for several minutes so I turned off the X-Pro 2 and disconnected before trying again.

Still no joy.

What am I doing wrong?

I downloaded and installed Fuji Raw Studio onto my Windows 10 PC at the weekend and the installation went fine. However when I connected my X-Pro2 there was a message at the top left of the application window that said "Awaiting Camera to Connect" or similar. It stayed there for several minutes so I turned off the X-Pro 2 and disconnected before trying again.

Still no joy.

What am I doing wrong?
cable or wifi connection?

Back