The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

That's a different level of bike you have there compared to the MTB, which would probably have weighed a tonne. Ypu'll find the hybrid much easier to get on with I'm sure. I use a decent MTB but it'd be much easier to have a hybrid or road bike. I stick with the MTB as I am using it for fitness rather than transport, and I have been riding regularly for the last 20 years.

First trip out with the x100v. One handed whilst holding the pup on his lead, liking this little camera.
To be honest, it was just great to get out for an hour. Didn't see another person.

I may go back to shutter focusing, back button focusing was tricky with the pup dragging me around the trails. Switching from Manual focus to single puts the focusing on the shutter button.
Just have a lifelong habit of pressing a back button.

Very nice Fujigraph, well composed with some really nice colours.

George.

The Viltrox 23/1.4 arrived :) I was expecting something a bit plasticky but this thing is the real deal, feels like a Fujinon in the hand!!

I haven't got time to test it properly now, but first impressions are excellent. AF indoors with my X-T20 is VERY fast. Massive improvement over the classic Fujinon 23/1.4. It's less than 300g too so I can see this thing being glued to the camera for some time if it performs well. Snapped a few indoors wide open and it looks good to me :)

23mm 2.jpg

23mm.jpg

23mm 3.jpg

DT206723.jpg

That's a different level of bike you have there compared to the MTB, which would probably have weighed a tonne. Ypu'll find the hybrid much easier to get on with I'm sure. I use a decent MTB but it'd be much easier to have a hybrid or road bike. I stick with the MTB as I am using it for fitness rather than transport, and I have been riding regularly for the last 20 years.

I think the Apollo Slant weight is 16KG and the Whyte Ridgeway is 13.7KG, my daughter is having the Apollo.

First trip out with the x100v. One handed whilst holding the pup on his lead, liking this little camera.
To be honest, it was just great to get out for an hour. Didn't see another person.

I may go back to shutter focusing, back button focusing was tricky with the pup dragging me around the trails. Switching from Manual focus to single puts the focusing on the shutter button.

Lovely image.

I used to use BBF all the time with my Canons, but the joystick on the X-T bodies just makes it redundant now. I can move the focus point to where I want it with the thumb of my right hand while holding the camera. That's now become second nature...

It’s on my radar. Primarily for the useful focal range. I’ve watched a lot of reviews. Many are lukewarm because even stopped down the corners are soft. It’s also weak at 80mm
I don’t do landscape nor do I care much about the corners. For you perhaps the 16-55 f2.8 if it has to be a zoom.
Fuji primes like the 16 & 23 f1.4 are fabulous.
Thanks for the feedback, will neefd to have a think about my future set up and the cost of moving over to Fuji.

I got one delivered at the weekend and only had chance to use it once but wasn’t impressed.

I was reading up on it last night and I’m using it on an xt2 but people seem to be having better results with it on t3 and t4 using the electronic front curtain shutter which my xt2 doesn’t have.
Thanks for the feedback, I saw some mixed reviews so I think I will give it a miss

This snap made "EXPLORE" :):)

Just a simple close up type Fujigraph taken at Kent UK of a flower on a Geum plant in my garden.

X-H1, 105mm Micro Nikkor (D) Lens, 1/500th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
My Geum Plant-03420 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Congrats on explore George

Peak designs field pouch with the x100v. Fits with the hood also fits on end. Room for other stuff and 4 extra pockets for batteries etc..

Needs a peak strap for shouldering or has a belt loop.

We'll made and tiny!

I’ll take a look at that - thanks

As my other MTB was just too heavy for me I got a Hybrid, just got an email saying my Whyte Ridgeway has just been dispatched so I feel like a big kid at the moment. So when I go out the X100V will be with me, F R E E D O M :banana::banana:

Oooh exciting - Happy new bike day

Wow - that is an amazing shot - the colours and light are great.

So I finally got my camera and got stuck into taking a few photos yesterday. I was really happy with them considering it was my first day with the camera.

A good start. Better than a picture of the lens cap anyway

One for Sunday night, I hd decided it nots going to rain 90 mins later it was race between some light arriving or the rain.

Nutfield down by Graham Norton, on Flickr

That is some angry looking clouds you got there.

Last edited:

One for Sunday night, I hd decided it nots going to rain 90 mins later it was race between some light arriving or the rain.

Nutfield down by Graham Norton, on Flickr

Two cracking pictures here. Well done.

The Viltrox 23/1.4 arrived :) I was expecting something a bit plasticky but this thing is the real deal, feels like a Fujinon in the hand!!

I haven't got time to test it properly now, but first impressions are excellent. AF indoors with my X-T20 is VERY fast. Massive improvement over the classic Fujinon 23/1.4. It's less than 300g too so I can see this thing being glued to the camera for some time if it performs well. Snapped a few indoors wide open and it looks good to me :)

It certainly looks smart! I’ve been eyeing them up too.
Be interested to hear how you’re getting on with it after further testing

I thought the Fuji 23/1.4 was supposed to be one of their best (I don't own one)? In what way is this one a massive improvement on it?

The attached shots show the standard 35mm FF equivalent lens and the 26mm FF equivalent when the FujiFilm X-70 WCL is fitted. It is a cracking converter and is on offer at FujiFilm UK for £75 rather than the £250ish for the X100 WCL. It is wider than the X100 WCL.View attachment 281398

@patr You've got a lot to answer for!

I now have the full set of converters on the way.

@patr You've got a lot to answer for!

I now have the full set of converters on the way.

If you have the WCL, and add an eBay Jessops Fisheye converter with a 49mm thread, you can have a full fish-eye as well!

170819 Liverpool Museum Fisheye X100F
by David Yeoman, on Flickr

JbL8taIl.jpg

Don't forget the EF-X20 Flash as well

now stop it
Quite like the flash on this, it works well without being overpowering. Then again I said I didn't want the converters!

I found it really liberating carrying this camera, it's what I used to do with my xp1. I enjoyed using it yesterday, haven't enjoyed a camera for a while. It's great not lugging kit about.

now stop it
Quite like the flash on this, it works well without being overpowering. Then again I said I didn't want the converters!

I found it really liberating carrying this camera, it's what I used to do with my xp1. I enjoyed using it yesterday, haven't enjoyed a camera for a while. It's great not lugging kit about.

In-camera flash is ok (as long as you take any hood's off!!!), its not so good with the TCL. The EF-X20 can be triggered remotely by the on-board flash, so it's quite cool.

I like the WCL (and use it a lot), TCL less so, I find it unbalances the camera.

X100 variant over your shoulder and WCL and spare battery in pocket, happy days!

Love this

Love that storm light. Fab picture, great mood. Nice one Graham.

Thanks Jason

That is beautiful. What incredible light, love the lead in too :)

Thanks Graham

That is some angry looking clouds you got there.

They where Alan the hail stones where pretty large as well.

Two cracking pictures here. Well done.

Thanks Trevor.

Back