The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

One Camera to rule them all, One Camera to find them,
One Camera to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them

Just sell all the others, you'll have more than enough for a Leica Fujifilm GFX

But the lenses are even more expensive than our X series stuff...... I'd love one, I really would. But I'd still need something for my birdies....

But the lenses are even more expensive than our X series stuff...... I'd love one, I really would. But I'd still need something for my birdies....

I think it’s a downscale exercise - less is more - the weight of the glass precludes lugging too much of it about - I gave it a lot of consideration (and I’m sure I will again in the future!!), but I thought that I could live with the 23, 32-64 and 110, in fact I could probably live with just the 45mm since about 80% of what I shoot us at 35mm FF - but yes the birds would be a glass problem and the frame rate is a bit pedestrian on the affordable models!!!

I think it’s a downscale exercise - less is more - the weight of the glass precludes lugging too much of it about - I gave it a lot of consideration (and I’m sure I will again in the future!!), but I thought that I could live with the 23, 32-64 and 110, in fact I could probably live with just the 45mm since about 80% of what I shoot us at 35mm FF - but yes the birds would be a glass problem and the frame rate is a bit pedestrian on the affordable models!!!

Must admit I could live with just those 3 lenses but with the camera its got to weigh the best part of 4Kg? Got the zine today thanks David, only had a chance to have a quick flick through but looks very good. Looking forward to having a proper look when I get chance.

One Camera to rule them all, One Camera to find them,
One Camera to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them

That would be the D3 - for UNavailable light fertogriffy...

It wasn`t for me, but @wibbly , really. Two camera bodies is plenty enough for me ;) But I know what you lot are like lol

One is all i ever need, have had 2-3 cameras and a bunch of lenses at one time and tbh it irritated me at times. When I have a bunch of gear, I want to use it all! Bags were getting pretty heavy. Last few years I've decided minimal as possible is the way to go [that plus I just can't afford to keep up with buying gear] - Anytime I've kept it to 1-2 lenses with the one body, I honestly feel I shot my best stuff - or at least enjoyed doing so more - I guess I felt I am making use of all of the gear I got at the time.

Right now I have one body, and one lens, the lens is adapted too

One body (XT3) two lenses (18-55, 55-200), most of the time I'm just out with the 55-200.
If I got another body, I'd probably put the 18-55 on it and keep it in the car for opportunities. Assuming lockdown ever finishes.

As @twist and @rick448 will confirm, all my sales have been just what I`ve said in MINT.
I can certainly confirm that, top seller and highly recommended. I'd buy the XP3 myself if I knew the firmware would be updated to improve it more in line with the T4. You won't go wrong with buying this from Dave if that's the camera you are after. (y)

One is all i ever need, have had 2-3 cameras and a bunch of lenses at one time and tbh it irritated me at times. When I have a bunch of gear, I want to use it all! Bags were getting pretty heavy. Last few years I've decided minimal as possible is the way to go [that plus I just can't afford to keep up with buying gear] - Anytime I've kept it to 1-2 lenses with the one body, I honestly feel I shot my best stuff - or at least enjoyed doing so more - I guess I felt I am making use of all of the gear I got at the time.

thats how i feel too.

My logic in buying the V over an ILC - no fussing about which lens to buy next or distraction from the job at hand - taking photos (y)
Although a WCL is tempting me :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:
of course if you had an ILC. you could say use a 23mm for a year.then when you get bored. sell it and get say a 35mm for a year.:LOL: of course you would have the fussing after a year say

of course if you had an ILC. you could say use a 23mm for a year.then when you get bored. sell it and get say a 35mm for a year.:LOL: of course you would have the fussing after a year say
i used to be terrible with guitars have lots then never knowing which one to pick up to play next,ended up with just an acoustic and a solid body electric in the end,still a choice of course but not so stressful now :giggle:

Too much kit gave me photographers block. I couldn't decide what to use or take. I also tried to carry the lot on the chance I needed it when out.

In the end I've sold the lot, did the same with my fuji/nikon/canon/panasonic kit. I want a small bag for walks out with the pup and slightly larger shoulder bag for days out on the mountains (when we're allowed on them).

I've taken more photos in a week with the V than in a year with the canon kit.

I’ve just recently upgraded from the XT 2 to the XT 4, I’ve just gone to load my first raw images into light room and I get the message "Preview unavailable for this file" . I’m currently using light room six version 6.9 which worked perfectly okay with my XT2, has anybody got any solutions or answer to my problem. Cheers

I’ve just recently upgraded from the XT 2 to the XT 4, I’ve just gone to load my first raw images into light room and I get the message "Preview unavailable for this file" . I’m currently using light room six version 6.9 which worked perfectly okay with my XT2, has anybody got any solutions or answer to my problem. Cheers
convert to DNG. you need to update to 6.14 but even then its too old to recognise the t4 but cnvert to dng first then you can view and edit

I think the sad truth is that the newer raw files aren't supported by lightroom 6 :/ I've switched over to Capture One Fuji, as some other here in the thread as well. Added benefit: no longer supporting Adobe ;) Alternatively you could go via the route of DNG conversion first.

Edit: Whoops, too slow, but see above.

Too much kit gave me photographers block. I couldn't decide what to use or take. I also tried to carry the lot on the chance I needed it when out.

In the end I've sold the lot, did the same with my fuji/nikon/canon/panasonic kit. I want a small bag for walks out with the pup and slightly larger shoulder bag for days out on the mountains (when we're allowed on them).

Totally agree. I've got a collection of 30+ film cameras and a lot of them still get used. If I go away for the weekend I can't decide which ones to take so I end up with 2 or 3 in the bag. If I take my X-T2 as well with a couple of lenses then there's just too much choice. Lately I've just been taking one camera and one prime lens with me. Sure, I miss out on some shots where I don't have the right lens, but I find one fixed lens makes me so much more creative, so that more than makes up for it. Also my shoulders ache less!

this is a good post and should be bumped ;):LOL:

and as Carl says above get the free capture 1 express for fuji,, i sold my LR6 and now use that.its nice actually wasnt Carl it was Cambtrader

Last edited:

Much the same with me when I shot Nikon, often carting 10kg of gear out for simple photo walks, got ridiculous [especially for someone with a back injury]

I have sold tonnes of gear over the years, often selling on a lens after just over a month. I only recently did this with both a Laowa 100mm macro and a brand new copy of the Fuji 35 1.5 [many would deem this a nice set up] used the 35 a total of 3 times before selling on! I did need a new PC though and selling those paid a good chunk toward that. I don't have the luxury these days of having both.

But even when I didn't need funds, I've done the same with the 50 F2, 35 F2 and others just talking Fuji - I often think I 'need' something specific, I get GAS too, but learning to quench it much faster lately. The one lens I had, and used for everything at the time, that I regret selling on, was the fabulour 16 1.4. I think I will end up buying one of those again - throw any kind of mid range prime in the mix and honestly I could just live with those.

The X100V is very attractive, I think especially for anyone planning to travel a lot over the next few years. But then I did the same when I bought the X100s when it first launched, really, really wanted that and loved it for about a month. Then it started to stay in the bag for longer periods each time until i sold that on too. So now I keep it cheap and cheerful, if I really want something I look to cheaper options because I know I'll flip it soon after. Unless it's something that really blows me away, like that 16mm ... damn why didn't I just keep that one! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Nail + head. This is exactly the same for me. I just dropped a lot of cash on an X-T4, 50-140mm, 16mm and 23mm and promptly sold it all when I recently came to this same conclusion. I've since bought an X100V. Luckily I didn't lose too much money but feel like an idiot and proud of myself at the same time haha.

I did buy the TCL and WCL and know they will give me choices but I'm limited to just the camera and those converters. I can't say that I fancy this or that lens without it being a massive decision which will put me off. I've been doing photography for about 10 years now and when I think about it, I've not learned much. Keeping the kit down and learning to use what I have will hopefully help me with that.

We've just got to stick to it and not get GAS. New tech and shiny, shiny is always a big pull. I also don't like how all new cameras are gearing towards video and that is also stopping me from buying certain bodies/systems. Take the video crap out and make the cameras smaller and lighter like they were when we swapped systems.

I've found it very liberating using one camera/lens. Even taking a step or two forwards and backwards instead of turning the zoom ring has been enjoyable. Taking more time to compose has been good too. This isn't me trying to convince myself or others, I'm loving it.

I've decided against an xt4. I know I'll end up with a full compliment of lenses, then the 100-400 +tcs. Then a humungous backpack with a massive tripod strapped to it. For me, I'm enjoying the freedom of using my manbag.

The V may be a 'toy' camera to some but it's giving me an enjoyment with cameras I've not had since my xp1 and 35mm 1.4.

Last edited:
With the peak design straps, do not thread the peak design camera anchor links directly through the eyelet on the camera body. Fujifilm cameras have small metal inserts in these , and they have sharp edges, and will chaff and cut through the anchor strap, leaving your camera to hit the deck. Use the split rings that come with the Fujifilm - now these will rattle on the camera body - causing much irritation (and potential scratches), so you can use the little Fujifilm pseudo leatherette protectors with the Peak Design Anchor, to create something that is safe and rattle free. It takes a bit of working out, it will take you and 30 mins to do one side, and then about 2 mins to do the other.

1i7yz6Sh.jpg

CqVklC5h.jpg

The one that explains it all

3YRZ8WRh.jpg
View: https://flic.kr/p/2j7ZXTd

They are sending me these after 2 of their original clip failed on me.

Anyone after a wide conversion lens for the X100?

There's one on eBay at present for £125.00. Rather than link to it here, which I'm not sure is allowed, search

++ WEEK OFFER ONLY ++ Fujifilm Wide Angle Converter WCL-X100 - Black

This is nothing to do with me either, just came across it today!

Anyone after a wide conversion lens for the X100?

There's one on eBay at present for £125.00. Rather than link to it here, which I'm not sure is allowed, search

++ WEEK OFFER ONLY ++ Fujifilm Wide Angle Converter WCL-X100 - Black

This is nothing to do with me either, just came across it today!

I'm sure they're selling x2 TCL in black under the same low price deal but the description is a bit shady in saying that there's dings on them, maybe they've been dropped but the photos only don't really show them off and it's dark and dingy photos. One of them looks in alright nick. This put me off buying from them or I would have myself.

Back