The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Think I'm going to have to order refurb X100F, seems such a good deal.
The X30 has given me a boost,

Next step is a CSC system... Don't say you weren't warned!

If you haven't ordered yet, I can give you a referal link, which will give you 5% off!

https://fujifilm.SPAM/m/ol/cc6tf-744505cf8e

I used the same thing from another person this morning and it worked a treat

Hi Carl thanks very much for the offer but I'd already taken advantage of the offer posted by Davek in the bargains section, it also worked a treat.
Cheers

I finally caved and bought an X100f from their refurb store this morning, and then I remembered your post. I sent them an email asking if I could pay extra for Saturday delivery and they replied back in about 2 hours with a DPD tracking number. Amazing service :D

Glad you managed to have your delivery upgraded top service again from fuji enjoy your X100F .

Hello All,
I am struggling to decide between these 3 lenses to be used for close up shots ( I collect old coins and would like to keep the images of some). XF16/2.8 XF23/2.0 XF35/2.0 The 16/2.8 has a close focus distance of 7", this would be an ideal distance for using with a table top tripod, the other lenses close focus distances of 8.4" and 13.2" would still be doable. I would of course like to use the lens for other general use. I have a 18 - 55 2.8/4 which is a great lens, I have tried using that and cropping the image but dont think its quite right. Am I right in thinking that the XF16/2.8 does not get much love on here? Many thanks in advance.

Hello All,
I am struggling to decide between these 3 lenses to be used for close up shots ( I collect old coins and would like to keep the images of some). XF16/2.8 XF23/2.0 XF35/2.0 The 16/2.8 has a close focus distance of 7", this would be an ideal distance for using with a table top tripod, the other lenses close focus distances of 8.4" and 13.2" would still be doable. I would of course like to use the lens for other general use. I have a 18 - 55 2.8/4 which is a great lens, I have tried using that and cropping the image but dont think its quite right. Am I right in thinking that the XF16/2.8 does not get much love on here? Many thanks in advance.

I use the 35 f1.4 with a cheap set of tubes, which works really well. Other options are a used 60mm f2.4 "Macro".

The 16mm f2.8 has the problem that the f1.4 is so damn good, it will never compare.

I use the 35 f1.4 with a cheap set of tubes, which works really well. Other options are a used 60mm f2.4 "Macro".

The 16mm f2.8 has the problem that the f1.4 is so damn good, it will never compare.

Thanks Steve, What focusing distance do the tubes give you, and where do I get them.

This sums up what I was going to say.

Well my shiny shiny 16-55 arrived this morning, so quickly popped out to take a couple of test snaps .. It fits nice and snug in the billy bag too ;)

The faded edges are railings, but I kinda liked the framing.

No Swings by Paulie-W, on Flickr

Last edited:
Well my shiny shiny 16-55 arrived this morning, so quickly popped out to take a couple of test snaps .. It fits nice and snug in the billy bag too ;)

The faded edges are railings, but I kinda liked the framing.

No Play Today by Paulie-W, on Flickr
I'm trying my hardest to resist the 16-55, shots like this aren't helping that's for sure. I'm just teething on whether it is worth the additional cost over the 18-55.

Which bag the 555 :p

You'll love that lens, enjoy it. I miss mine, just doesn't fit on a V:D

Thanks, David ... It`s the Hadley Pro Small (y) So all sorted for my one plus one trips ;)
Haha @ the V ;)

Enjoy, love mine in my X-H1.
Cheers mate. It is a nice balanced match.

I'm trying my hardest to resist the 16-55, shots like this aren't helping that's for sure. I'm just teething on whether it is worth the additional cost over the 18-55.
Lol sorry, mate ;) You got way too many bodies, so you might as well grab one for the H ;)

Thanks, David ... It`s the Hadley Pro Small (y) So all sorted for my one plus one trips ;)
Haha @ the V ;)

Cheers mate. It is a nice balanced match.

Lol sorry, mate ;) You got way too many bodies, so you might as well grab one for the H ;)

I am definitely teetering, no doubt I will pull the trigger in the next month or so, I love the 90 and 56 on the H1, I think the 16-55 is the logical next buy.

I am definitely teetering, no doubt I will pull the trigger in the next month or so, I love the 90 and 56 on the H1, I think the 16-55 is the logical next buy.

Logic will win every time ;) From my small time using it, it just feels right :)

First time out properly with the X100V and ooooft this is a proper nice camera. Captured this with the TCL. This is definitly a tree I'll be going back to. I didn't think the photos would come to anything because it was strong sunlight but I quite like this one.

Untitled by Kris Blair, on Flickr

That tree looks like it has been battered by wind from the left its whole life. Like the sky too (y)

Dog was otherwise engaged so I went to some slightly edgier areas today.

Glyn Rhonwy from Braich
by Mr ff1d1l, on Flickr

Nice shot - looks like post-apocalypse or the road to hell !

Back