The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Well, the XC35 F2 is about the same as the XF version, down to the crappy close focus ability wide open - pretty much the same shot or thereabouts, first at F2, second at 2.8, difference is significant, and yes both are focused correctly. I'm holding the flower/weed? in my hand here, so there is a difference in that I turned it for the second shot, crops are not exact either, but trust me, same light, same distance, same plant, same lens. 2.8 shows a significant improvement for close ups

DSCF8931 by K G, on Flickr

DSCF8932 by K G, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hi guys I have a question, are there any other cameras out there that have those green/purple/yellow/red/blue only filters that Fuji cameras has?

Well, the XC35 F2 is about the same as the XF version, down to the crappy close focus ability wide open - pretty much the same shot or thereabouts, first at F2, second at 2.8, difference is significant, and yes both are focused correctly. I'm holding the flower/weed? in my hand here, so there is a difference in that I turned it for the second shot, crops are not exact either, but trust me, same light, same distance, same plant, same lens. 2.8 shows a significant improvement for close ups

DSCF8931 by K G, on Flickr

DSCF8932 by K G, on Flickr
ive bought the xc version,quite enjoying
using it especially when i remember how much i saved over things that arent important to me.

ive bought the xc version,quite enjoying
using it especially when i remember how much i saved over things that arent important to me.

Just been out in the garden with it, seeing it's potential, definitely wanna stop down to 2.8 for close in but otherwise nothing to moan about, fast AF, crispy images, minimalist all-round how I like it - just wish it focused a wee bit closer, nm the softness wide open - even F4 in closer would be nice, but hey, it's a cheapy. Be grateful for the positives, I agree

Also, just noticed the sharper image above was at 2.5, not 2.8 as I thought, derp ... so even just barely stopping down makes a huge difference, either way I'm happy with that. Be nice if it was as sharp close in wide open but can't have it all, what's a half a stop?

Last edited:
yes dont most lenses benefit from stopping down a bit?this would have bothered me maybe a couple of years ago when i was more anal about my kit . having said that have you tried or considered the macro attachment fuji do,ive not tried it but might ask to borrow a mates to try. but getting back to this lens i see it as a great fixed walk about and for that its great.

Most lame excuse to get an xt4.................... ever :ROFLMAO:

Like my xt4 but love my V. I may have said before that I love my V, maybe a dozen times or more. I do love my V:love:

The extra reach on the 16-80mm is nice but the tcl on the V is nice and looks cool, and I love it:snaphappy:
I love my V too. I never said I would get rid of it ;) V for everything. X-T4 for longer lenses haha. Nah, I'll be sticking with just the V only for a long while, it's just exciting to mix the GAS tank sometimes :p

Might sound corny, but I think I’m in love with my V too. We’ve only been dating just over a week :oops: :$:ROFLMAO:

Is the X-T4 hitting the used market yet and at a better price than Panamoz? I noticed Panamoz prices have dropped slightly for the body or lens combos in the past week or so. Looking for a hybrid set-up and this looks to be coming close with a full set of primes and the 16-80 or 18-55.

Whats the going rate for mint hardly used F, boxed as new with all the bits. Fuji refurb is £570 with a voucher.

Someone I know through work has one they don't want. I don't mind having it as a spare in my xt4 bag for the right price.

Is the X-T4 hitting the used market yet and at a better price than Panamoz? I noticed Panamoz prices have dropped slightly for the body or lens combos in the past week or so. Looking for a hybrid set-up and this looks to be coming close with a full set of primes and the 16-80 or 18-55.

Not seen many used yet - there was one on eBay a few weeks ago that went for £1380 - not really saving anything at all over new

Not seen many used yet - there was one on eBay a few weeks ago that went for £1380 - not really saving anything at all over new
I'll give mine until August, if I haven't clicked with it I'll sell it. I love the rangefinder style but hate using zooms on them, hence my xt body. I just hate squashing my face and nose up against the screen/body.

Time will tell.

Whats the going rate for mint hardly used F, boxed as new with all the bits. Fuji refurb is £570 with a voucher.

Someone I know through work has one they don't want. I don't mind having it as a spare in my xt4 bag for the right price.

Depends how you (personally) value the warranty, I would suggest that you are looking at around £500, I reckon my battered X100F is probably nearer £400 (but its not for sale!)

Camera Jungle would give £517 cash for a mint boxed X100F. MPB probably around the same.

Add their markup and you sometimes wonder how FujiFilm Refurb do it ( I am immensely grateful they do though, cracking firm to deal with).

Private sale price depends on how desperate the seller is and whether they are aware of its worth. No warranty mind.

He's got ask his wife lol!

He's got a 5d4 and the F is hers. She uses it she goes out with him and the cameras.

If you see any buckets full of Sh*t on your way to collect it, fall in and I guarantee you will come up smelling of roses!

What an excellent result, well done you.

:ROFLMAO:

No, it'll be a bucket of sh**te. If it wasn't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all.

An asteroid will probably hit the car on my to collect it or I'll get struck by lightning as I go to open the box.

Indeed not really a saving over Panamoz. I am not really in a rush so will see how it goes.

I even looked at the X100V but would soon find the 23mm restrictive as a hybrid set-up. Getting a £300 F on the other hand would make for a great second camera :LOL:

yes dont most lenses benefit from stopping down a bit?this would have bothered me maybe a couple of years ago when i was more anal about my kit . having said that have you tried or considered the macro attachment fuji do,ive not tried it but might ask to borrow a mates to try. but getting back to this lens i see it as a great fixed walk about and for that its great.

I was spoiled by the likes of the 16 1.4, that can get much closer and still sharp wide open, so not all lenses no. The 35 1.4 can also focus closer and doesn't have the softening effect. The Fuji F2 lenses have a particular glow/softness when shooting close up , only wide open mind, it's just a thing. It's no big deal, I'm certainly not 'anal' about it :D Just the way I shoot, I like my close up photography and well, you can get smoother 'bokeh' at F2 vs 2.8.

I have a dedicated macro lens but it's MF only [adapted Nikon 60mm 2.8D], but I just like casual close focus shots besides too. The extension tubes work really good with these lenses aye, I had a set of Meike ones that cost only £20 odd and worked fine - you get all the data and AF

Last edited:
Well the day finally came. After renting an X-T3 a few months ago and thoroughly enjoying it, I've swapped my A7riii for an X-T4 and a 16-55. Unfortunately the lens was used and came with a broken hood which was also oddly stained, so that's going back to the store but I can't wait to get out and about with it.

Do I get to learn any special handshakes and have a trouser leg rolled up now?

One thing I'm looking for at the moment though is a grip for it as its not the comfiest to hold. Any suggestions with an arca Swiss base ideally?

Last edited:
Well the day finally came. After renting an X-T3 a few months ago and thoroughly enjoying it, I've swapped my A7riii for an X-T4 and a 16-55. Unfortunately the lens was used and came with a broken hood which was also oddly stained, so that's going back to the store but I can't wait to get out and about with it.

oooooohhh will they let you in the Sony forum still? :rolleyes::LOL::LOL:

One thing I'm looking for at the moment though is a grip for it as its not the comfiest to hold. Any suggestions with an arca Swiss base ideally?
I’ve preordered the Smallrig L plate.

I’ve preordered the Smallrig L plate.

https://www.smallrig.com/smallrig-l-shape-grip-for-fujifilm-x-t4-camera-lcf2813.html

Back