The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I'm pretty sure all the snaps that make Explore are chosen purely at random by some sort of automated system or other. I've had quite a few in there over the years with some of them leaving me scratching my head just wondering how on earth they managed it, and some that I've thought are reasonably worthy of being included.

However there's no accounting for personal taste though, ie what pleases one person is just a load of garbage to another.

George.

Just like any form of art. I`ll never forget an installation in the Tate, when my daughter was younger ... It was a pile of tissue, and her first comment was "That looks just like my bedroom, when I`ve got a cold" I just laughed, but the look we got from pne of the curators was priceless :)

Just like any form of art. I`ll never forget an installation in the Tate, when my daughter was younger ... It was a pile of tissue, and her first comment was "That looks just like my bedroom, when I`ve got a cold" I just laughed, but the look we got from pne of the curators was priceless :)

I absolutely love that place Mate, one of the best places ever for Street Photography.

But I have to tell you though on one of my visits last year, in one of the exhibit rooms was a chair (the snap has been on here) for the public to sit on (not an exhibit) but I thought it looked quite interesting against the stark white wall so I took a snap of it. A guy in a uniform promptly tapped me on the shoulder and informed me that the chair was for public use Sir and not one of the exhibits, they were elsewhere in the room, and by photographing it might cause a member of the public to think it was an exhibit and not use it for resting on. I couldn't think of anything to say so I just went and sat on it and smiled at him. :):)

George.

"THE CHAIR IN QUESTION" (See Above Post) :)

Just a simple tourist type Fujigraph taken at the Tate Modern in London UK of one of the Chairs scattered about the place. Although far from one of the exhibits etc I just found its isolation interesting and the way the light caught it and created the shadow on the wall.

X-H1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/4 sec @ F4.5, ISO-800, Handheld.

The Chair-03343
by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Evening all. I've just acquired a 50-140mm to go with my 16-55. Unfortunately (not really surprisingly) I can't fit the 50-140 into my Lowepro messenger 150 attached to my XT4 and have the 16-55 in there too!
Anyone using this combo with a messenger bag? If so which one?

Evening all. I've just acquired a 50-140mm to go with my 16-55. Unfortunately (not really surprisingly) I can't fit the 50-140 into my Lowepro messenger 150 attached to my XT4 and have the 16-55 in there too!

You'll be doing well to fit that combination in a small messenger bag, you're going to have to go large - why not consider a back pack? there's some pretty neat ones out there

A quick couple of question regarding the X100V. - I know they sell a waterproof kit but can't you just fit a filter on to make it waterproof (sure Ive read that on here but cant seem to find it now.

And if you have the waterproof/filter fitted and you wanted to attach the wide angle or the tele lens I presume you have to remove the filter? Then its not technically waterproof?

Well I'm new to the thread, I've been a Nikon user for the last fourteen years but switched from a Nikon D810 to a Fuji XT-3 last month and so am very impressed.
Not missing the weight and loving the accuracy of the electronic viewfinder, seeing the actual lighting in the image is a game changer. First images from the first day attached, I've not had many chances since but now lockdown is easing hopefully some more portrait and landscape work to follow. These are taken on the 16-80 F4 but I'm itching to try out my new 10-24mm if only it will stop raining!

View attachment 285918View attachment 285919View attachment 285920View attachment 285921
Love that set !!!

We’ve got some serious competition guys, we should all go and buy Leicas to keep up ;)

You'll be doing well to fit that combination in a small messenger bag, you're going to have to go large - why not consider a back pack? there's some pretty neat ones out there
Thanks for responding. I have a back pack but prefer messenger bags. May just have to go big!

A quick couple of question regarding the X100V. - I know they sell a waterproof kit but can't you just fit a filter on to make it waterproof (sure Ive read that on here but cant seem to find it now.

And if you have the waterproof/filter fitted and you wanted to attach the wide angle or the tele lens I presume you have to remove the filter? Then its not technically waterproof?

Graham, The WCL takes a 49mm filter as well, so screwing on a WCL with a filter, would be pretty WR, the WCL has a smooth barrel so no point of water entry

Given that I have half buried my X100F in mud and it still works suggests you might not have to worry too much

Graham, The WCL takes a 49mm filter as well, so screwing on a WCL with a filter, would be pretty WR, the WCL has a smooth barrel so no point of water entry

Given that I have half buried my X100F in mud and it still works suggests you might not have to worry too much
Thanks David must admit it's getting tempting.

Transport theme..

DSCF0149-Edit.jpg by Trevor, on Flickr

DSCF0151-Edit.jpg by Trevor, on Flickr

DSCF0190-Edit.jpg by Trevor, on Flickr

DSCF0171-Edit.jpg by Trevor, on Flickr

Nice theme Trevor.

1 shows off the fairing/bodywork angles nicely, 2 would have been better if their helmet wasn’t hanging on the bike and there was more bokeh to separate the Harley (I used to own one of these - it’s a HD 48 (y) ) from the bikes in the background, 3 has nice colour and love the clouds, 4 like the composition and portrait orientation - I wonder what it would look like in mono if you could lift the shadows on the track immediately in front of the train?

Edit to add - my old 48 (not shot with a Fuji :confused:)
9A5F6DA7-703C-4AA5-9AFA-D70BC9699A70.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice theme Trevor.

1 shows off the fairing/bodywork angles nicely, 2 would have been better if their helmet wasn’t hanging on the bike and there was more bokeh to separate the Harley (I used to own one of these - it’s a HD 48 (y) ) from the bikes in the background, 3 has nice colour and love the clouds, 4 like the composition and portrait orientation - I wonder what it would look like in mono if you could lift the shadows on the track immediately in front of the train?

Edit to add - my old 48 (not shot with a Fuji :confused:)
View attachment 286004

Thanks Alan. The bikes were shot with my 23mm f1.4 wide open. I know what you mean about shallower depth of field regarding separation. Seriously considering Full Frame again. Bikes are my favourite subjects.
Unfortunately the owners weren’t present for me to request they take the helmets off the bike while I shot them.
Bet you miss the 48..

Anyone else encountered this little nuance and is there a work around?

On my X-T4 I've noticed that if you use self timer with camera in AF-C mode, it will revert to AF-S mode. That doesn't sound like a problem except that I use back button focussing and de-couple the shutter button from focussing in AF-C mode. When in AF-S mode the shutter button will engage focus (I prefer that as it means I can hand camera to wife to use without having to explain how to focus). Where this is a problem, as I have now found out to my determent is for landscape shooting where I will often auto-focus on something and then leave it there. Except unwittingly the camera was refocus when I pressed the shutter.

Solutions seem to be to either always shoot manual focus for landscape which is fine if I always remember or to de-couple the shutter button in AF-S as well which is not ideal. Anything else?

Don't know if you'd classify it as a messenger bag but I use a PD Everyday Sling 10L for this exact combo plus other bits and bobs (like dog poo bags!!).

Thanks for the link. Used to go when I was a yob. Late 60’s. Didn’t realise it was still going.

Friday evenings and Sunday breakfasts.... When I lived in London we often met at the Ace before hitting the road for a ride out. God I miss those days, but I don't think my body misses being hunched over a FireBlade and eating bacon butties & burgers all the time!!

I can get the 50-140 in my small Billingham, upright. When I lived in London, I would trip into town with the Billingham, T2 with 10-24 and 50-140 in the bag, plus my 10" iPad drops in the back. Heavy but compact set up.

Thanks Alan. The bikes were shot with my 23mm f1.4 wide open. I know what you mean about shallower depth of field regarding separation. Seriously considering Full Frame again. Bikes are my favourite subjects.
Unfortunately the owners weren’t present for me to request they take the helmets off the bike while I shot them.
Bet you miss the 48..

Hmm - perhaps a longer lens wide open would do it? Oh no, not the FF debate :oops: :$
Yes, bikes can be really good to snap, but also annoying.
Hung up my helmet a couple or three years ago after a run of about 17 years - was lucky enough to have owned some amazing bikes - the Harley 48 and the Triumph Speed Triple being my most favourite. Decided I’d tempted fate too many times and stopped before being knocked off or getting banned.
Was only a fair weather biker - well, I’d ride all year round but only if the roads were dry and this time of year I do miss it :confused:

Engagement helps with explore, if you get a few likes and some comments that you reply to within 24 hours of posting, it seems to up the chances of getting explored, chasing likes is pretty meaningless and you should always take photos for yourself, but it does give you a warm fuzzy feeling when you get explored
the only time i got explored was by the coppers in Skeggness when i was halucinating from 2 days of amphetamines and tried to arrest a copper, this was 50 years ago :LOL:

Friday evenings and Sunday breakfasts.... When I lived in London we often met at the Ace before hitting the road for a ride out. God I miss those days, but I don't think my body misses being hunched over a FireBlade and eating bacon butties & burgers all the time!!
Stopping at the small roadside cafes stuffing your face with fat filled breakfast rolls who wouldn't miss that.
Did a few Motogp rounds on the bike - Assen was probaly my favourite.

Stopping at the small roadside cafes stuffing your face with fat filled breakfast rolls who wouldn't miss that.
Did a few Motogp rounds on the bike - Assen was probaly my favourite.
Assen was the best GP I have been to as well. It made the pig pen at Donningon seem posh. :D

Assen was the best GP I have been to as well. It made the pig pen at Donningon seem posh. :D

Oh we used to go all over Europe to watch the racing. Being in France, to see JT52 beat a Frenchman to the WSBK title at Magny Cours was a brilliant day..... As was sharing a weekend as a guest of the Suzuki team at the same venue a couple of years later, even if I was there to cheer JT home on a Honda!!

I also missed a French GP when one of our group came off and broke his leg. I volunteered to stay behind and follow him to the hospital, call his wife, and then drop in on him the next day. The other 5 in our group went on to Le Mans and I caught up with them on the ferry home. I think we must have done around 4 European races a year.

Last edited:
Don't know if you'd classify it as a messenger bag but I use a PD Everyday Sling 10L for this exact combo plus other bits and bobs (like dog poo bags!!).
Thanks. That may well be fine for me too. Ill get googling :)

Hmm - perhaps a longer lens wide open would do it? Oh no, not the FF debate :oops: :$
Yes, bikes can be really good to snap, but also annoying.
Hung up my helmet a couple or three years ago after a run of about 17 years - was lucky enough to have owned some amazing bikes - the Harley 48 and the Triumph Speed Triple being my most favourite. Decided I’d tempted fate too many times and stopped before being knocked off or getting banned.
Was only a fair weather biker - well, I’d ride all year round but only if the roads were dry and this time of year I do miss it :confused:

Magic

I’m spending too much time on depth of field calculations. Really should be concerned about weight..

Oh we used to go all over Europe to watch the racing. Being in France, to see JT52 beat a Frenchman to the WSBK title at Magny Cours was a brilliant day..... As was sharing a weekend as a guest of the Suzuki team at the same venue a couple of years later, even if I was there to cheer JT home on a Honda!!

I also missed a French GP when one of our group came off and broke his leg. I volunteered to stay behind and follow him to the hospital, call his wife, and then drop in on him the next day. The other 5 in our group went on to Le Mans and I caught up with them on the ferry home. I think we must have done around 4 European races a year.
Wasnt that Laconi is teammate he beat.

MEIKE MK-F-AF3 Auto Fucus Macro Extension Tubes
Just arrived today,now to try & get my head around them,never used them before.
Am i better playing around with just one of them at a time. :)

Back