The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I'm quite pleased with the way this snap has turned out as it has two new sky snaps blended into one and then added to the original landscape/seascape replacing the original sky.

Just a simple landscape/seascape type Fujigraph taken from the Harbour Arm at Folkestone Kent UK of part of the Seafront.

X-H1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/1100 @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Seafront (Folkestone) (2)-03438 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Nice, love the apples, they look like wild cooking apples, hope you grabbed a bag of them to make a nice tart :D

Thanks, mate :)
They wer only small, in a little orchard at Penshurst. Not bad to have something like that in your back yard though ;)

Three very nice Fujigraphs Paul, really loiking the PP work on #1 & #2.

George.

Thank you, George (y)
I`ve got that saved as a C1 style now. Mainly for old historical architecture, but only needs a couple of little tweeks here and there :)

Thanks, mate :)
They wer only small, in a little orchard at Penshurst. Not bad to have something like that in your back yard though ;)

Ah, this is the great thing about photos, things can oft appear exaggerated - they looked like proper big cooking apples to me at first glance :D The type my grandad used to grow in his garden - his were like mini watermelons!! and we simply called them 'cooking apples' [no idea the proper name] and my Dad was a baker by trade so he'd take bags of them and convert them into apple pies/tarts, sometimes mixed with rhubarb, also from my Grandad's garden :D

Saw this little cutie last night and got quite close. My dog was walking in front of me but I must’ve been up wind as I quietly called her back and she immediately did - gotta say my dog is pretty awesome!
XT3 + 16-80

deer
View attachment 288262

PS - how do I insert the picture from Flickr?

Very nice, crazy that you got so close especially with a dog in tow - very tame deer

Ah, this is the great thing about photos, things can oft appear exaggerated - they looked like proper big cooking apples to me at first glance :D The type my grandad used to grow in his garden - his were like mini watermelons!! and we simply called them 'cooking apples' [no idea the proper name] and my Dad was a baker by trade so he'd take bags of them and convert them into apple pies/tarts, sometimes mixed with rhubarb, also from my Grandad's garden :D

Wow I bet those pies were good :)

PS - how do I insert the picture from Flickr?

@weebleswobble
Under each of your photos in Flickr you will see an arrow (you need to be logged in to Flickr in a browser)...

2F0A1E3A-F50C-4A02-A613-9D9647758277.jpeg

Click this and then choose the ‘BBcode‘ option from the choices...
Select a size from the drop down - anything around 1024 on the longest side is ideal
Now copy this code (make sure you get the whole string as it goes off the screen as it is long) and paste it into your post on here.

2F616615-A5D0-478A-A96B-EC445E8BAAF6.jpeg

Should come out like this.....

Wembley
by The Development, on Flickr

Last edited:
Just received my first third party lens for my H-X1, the Viltrox 23mm F1.4. First impressions are it’s fantastic build quality, easily as good as Fuji lens! And a metal lens hood :) Haven’t had a chance to try it yet, for £300 it’s an absolute bargain. Will post up a few pics soon.

Arca-Type Camera Hand Grip for Fujifilm X-T3

Any recommendations for the above - so many to choose from on Amazon - Thanks

There's a few on Amazon, I'm just off out but I'll confirm the model I purchased when I get back.

Reactions: Doc

I‘ve got the Smallrig one. Not cheap (although seems you can get 10% off at the minute) but a great bit of kit.

Here‘s the item on Smallrigs site but you can get next day from Amazon.

That’s a very nice landscape style Fujigraph Jason, some good colours & comp’. The vignette (or what appears to be one) works very well by bringing more attention to the main subject.

George.

Cheers George.

Slight radial filter on the stones to lift the exposure as it was a bit dull compared to the nice light on the hills. :)

There's a few on Amazon, I'm just off out but I'll confirm the model I purchased when I get back.

This is the one I picked up recently. Quality's good for the money..

Wow I bet those pies were good :)

They were amazing, and we had a free supply of all the fruits we needed from my Grandad's garden, bless him, he worked the drills daily - had everything from carrots and parsnip [not so good in sweet pies :D ] to tomatoes, apples, rhubarb, strawberries, blackcurrants etc ... Sadly my Dad stopped regular baking too when we got older as he has bad rheumatoid arthritis - his hands in particular are all beat up and swollen so baking is a bit more akin to torture for him. But, as a kid our house was always filled with a bakery smell, there's be pies and tarts cooling, with cream buns, scones, cheese cakes etc readily available. No surprise my friends would often tell me they were hungry when they called over lol

Just received my first third party lens for my H-X1, the Viltrox 23mm F1.4. First impressions are it’s fantastic build quality, easily as good as Fuji lens! And a metal lens hood :) Haven’t had a chance to try it yet, for £300 it’s an absolute bargain. Will post up a few pics soon.

I am tempted by this one, if the 85mm is anything to go by then I know it'll be built like a tank. Only thing I don't like about the 23 is the close focus distance isn't the best, but in some reviews comparing it to the Fuji23 1.4 they had the Viltrox as being sharper at all apertures - that is impressive

They were amazing, and we had a free supply of all the fruits we needed from my Grandad's garden, bless him, he worked the drills daily - had everything from carrots and parsnip [not so good in sweet pies :D ] to tomatoes, apples, rhubarb, strawberries, blackcurrants etc ... Sadly my Dad stopped regular baking too when we got older as he has bad rheumatoid arthritis - his hands in particular are all beat up and swollen so baking is a bit more akin to torture for him. But, as a kid our house was always filled with a bakery smell, there's be pies and tarts cooling, with cream buns, scones, cheese cakes etc readily available. No surprise my friends would often tell me they were hungry when they called over lol

I can only imagine mate. What a wonderful smell to grow up with :)

La-la-laaaa. *Fingers in ears..* :p

I‘ve been pondering this lens over the last few days. Fuji seem to have a 6th sense when it comes to taking my money. Is it worth it over the Samyang 12mm is my question.?

This is what I don't get. All the lenses in this promotion have cash back offers between of £60 or £90 which is the norm for Fuji recently. The 10-24 gets a £270 cash back which is a great but a lot compared to the other lenses. I am not complaining at all, just wondering

This is what I don't get. All the lenses in this promotion have cash back offers between of £60 or £90 which is the norm for Fuji recently. The 10-24 gets a £270 cash back which is a great but a lot compared to the other lenses. I am not complaining at all, just wondering

They may be either ending production full stop, or working on a Mk2. Or just getting rid of the stock to push people towards the 8-16 f2.8....

You can never tell with Fuji..

A few from a quick and fun shoot with my girls earlier, while we still had some light. Our Kayley is more a natural for posing then our Emily [has been very shy about photos for the past few years, was my mini muse when she was younger!] - Kayley has Cerebral palsy, why does this matter? it doesn't for end result but she has trouble standing/posing without help, but insists on it - she's no different than other girls her age [16] when it comes to wanting to look good, and she oft asks me to take pics of her for her IG/FB. Good practice for me, and if I get it right she feels good in the mix. Tonight was just a brief tester for portraits using the Viltrox 85mm on the X-H1, I think we did ok considering the light was a bit crap

Inc one of Emily in her awkwardness :D Kayley using railings to try get taller than her, she's tiny in comparison otherwise

Kayley by K G, on Flickr

Kayley #1 by K G, on Flickr

Kayley BW by K G, on Flickr

DSCF9561 by K G, on Flickr

A few from a quick and fun shoot with my girls earlier, while we still had some light. Our Kayley is more a natural for posing then our Emily [has been very shy about photos for the past few years, was my mini muse when she was younger!] - Kayley has Cerebral palsy, why does this matter? it doesn't for end result but she has trouble standing/posing without help, but insists on it - she's no different than other girls her age [16] when it comes to wanting to look good, and she oft asks me to take pics of her for her IG/FB. Good practice for me, and if I get it right she feels good in the mix. Tonight was just a brief tester for portraits using the Viltrox 85mm on the X-H1, I think we did ok considering the light was a bit crap

Inc one of Emily in her awkwardness :D Kayley using railings to try get taller than her, she's tiny in comparison otherwise

Kayley by K G, on Flickr

Love those.

Kayley by K G, on Flickr

#1 is really nice, mate (y)
Not so sure about the cap in the others, but what canyou do when they want to wear it ;)

Looks like a good bit of glass.

#1 is really nice, mate (y)
Not so sure about the cap in the others, but what canyou do when they want to wear it ;)

Looks like a good bit of glass.

Aye, she'd just bought it - which actually triggered the shots in the first place; twas i suggested she remove it for that shot without, which I do prefer ;)

Aye, she'd just bought it - which actually triggered the shots in the first place; twas i suggested she remove it for that shot without, which I do prefer ;)

Haha typical girls ;) Mine is just the same, and I`m lucky if I get more than 10 minutes now, hey ho ...

Kayley by K G, on Flickr

Great set Keith, really like these images and I think your daughters will be very happy with these too. Liking them all but really like the 2nd and 3rd the most.

@weebleswobble
Under each of your photos in Flickr you will see an arrow (you need to be logged in to Flickr in a browser)...

View attachment 288263

Click this and then choose the ‘BBcode‘ option from the choices...
Select a size from the drop down - anything around 1024 on the longest side is ideal
Now copy this code (make sure you get the whole string as it goes off the screen as it is long) and paste it into your post on here.

View attachment 288264

Should come out like this.....

Wembley
by The Development, on Flickr
testing testing 123 Deer by Donna White, on Flickr
Great, thanks very much

Missed an Eggleston opportunity with the last one :D

I thought about moving it for another shot but it probably wasn't really abandoned and the owners dad was probably bigger than me and hiding round the corner!

Back