The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

What will be going, and in Mint condition too... X-H1 X-T3 X-T30.. XF80mm/ XF55-200mm/ XF56mm f1.2/ XF16mm ( not the f1.4)/ XF35mmm f2/ XF14mm/ XF23mm f1.4/...

Bloody hell, that`s a proper clear out :eek:

On a Sony *spit* note ... Do you know why there is nada on the LHS of the top plate, other than a badge? Always seemed wierd to me, design wise.

Know idea why on the badge.

I know the 9`s have another dial on that side, and appears (to me) better balanced asthetically. But I guess it`s all about the end product ;)

I only ever had the MK 1 but didnt take to it,Sony's
do seem popular though.

I actually had agreed to buy a MKIII on here last year, but the deal fell through as the seller wanted just too much for insured delivery to here [was like £120 on top of his asking price]. Understandable to cover your ass but it just went beyond my budget at that point. I don't regret not getting it, the lenses I would really want to pair with it are expensive, the body alone costs as much as my whole kit. I would have just gone for cheap third party primes maybe, and honestly I don't think I'd see much improvement for my needs over the Fuji

I see you got an A7III - nice. Let us know how you find it, I was interested in getting one a while back but I got over it :D

Will do mate, have wondered what this full frame lark is about so just wetting the lips so to speak as I might run Fuji and Sony side by side. As I have an idea on one more Sony lens.

Will do mate, have wondered what this full frame lark is about so just wetting the lips so to speak as I might run Fuji and Sony side by side. As I have an idea on one more Sony lens.

If I had the funds I'd like to give it a try at least one time [Sony that is, I have used FF for a few year, dslr days]. The Tamron 28-75 looks really good, as does the Sony 85 1.8 [or indeed the Viltrox 85mm for Sony which saves you about £200] - for macro you have the very tasty looking 90mm 2.8

Last edited:
If I had the funds I'd like to give it a try at least one time [Sony that is, I have used FF for a few year, dslr days]. The Tamron 28-75 looks really good, as does the Sony 85 1.8 [or indeed the Viltrox 85mm for Sony which saves you about £200] - for macro you have the very tasty looking 90mm 2.8

Thinking of the Zeiss 55mm.

The reason why the big clear out is, most if not all my music shots will not happen again so I thought get a full frame and try it out and totally change my photography.

That's a shame mate but I get it. I also like a change every now and then. I just found 35, 50 was to close, especially with apsc crop mode where a fast 35 can be a 50 and and the 85 can also be 135, double duty.

The reason why the big clear out is, most if not all my music shots will not happen again so I thought get a full frame and try it out and totally change my photography.

I thought it would be to fund the single Sony lens!

What will be going, and in Mint condition too... X-H1 X-T3 X-T30.. XF80mm/ XF55-200mm/ XF56mm f1.2/ XF16mm ( not the f1.4)/ XF35mmm f2/ XF14mm/ XF23mm f1.4/...

Very interested in the XH1!.. and maybe some primes...

I did this back in X-T1 days, bought a Canon 6D and some lenses, whilst there were some great qualities (especially in high ISO shooting), the system/camera didn't have that pick me up appeal as I left the house. Everyone is different so it will be interesting to see how you get on.

However if there was a Leica Q2 by the door as I left, that might get picked up!

I did this back in X-T1 days, bought a Canon 6D and some lenses, whilst there were some great qualities (especially in high ISO shooting), the system/camera didn't have that pick me up appeal as I left the house. Everyone is different so it will be interesting to see how you get on.

However if there was a Leica Q2 by the door as I left, that might get picked up!

I`m sure I will love it as with the virus it would be far to long waiting to get the music back in the pubs, so thought now is the best time to try the Sony.

:agree: I've done the FF thing, and David says is spot on. I went to Scotland with a 6D & 7D2 plus my first T2. The Canon gear never came out of the car. The shooting experience was so enjoyable with the Fuji, that I just left everything else in the car. At that time I hired a 100-400 & 1.4TC and loved the output, so that's when I decided to trade all the Canon gear for a second T2 body, and some lenses.

Now, if I was really looking for something special, then it would have to be a GFX50. A lot of money I know, but I would want to keep the Fuji experience. Currently when I landscape, I take 2 bodies, one with the 10-24, the other with the 50-140, and have the 35 in the bag also. I'd be happy with just one body and the 32-64 to start with.

This is my goal.

Now, if I was really looking for something special, then it would have to be a GFX50. A lot of money I know, but I would want to keep the Fuji experience. Currently when I landscape, I take 2 bodies, one with the 10-24, the other with the 50-140, and have the 35 in the bag also. I'd be happy with just one body and the 32-64 to start with.

This is my goal.

Slippery Slope........................ :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Since lockdown my style of photography has changed, and I've been giving a lot of thought to gear selection - probably too much time on my hands - and the GFX has come back on the radar, I need to face that it is an itch that will have to be scratched in order to go away! But I'm loving using the GSW690III - got some more rolls that need to be processed, and I'm also loving the lightweight freedom of the X100F - difficult decisions ahead. Most of my work uses lens in the FF focal length of 24mm to 50mm so the 32-64 would actually fit the bill quite well - but having had one on loan for 10 days with a GFX50S previously I also know that its quite big setup.

Been offered a Leica Q at a good price (s/h)........................................

Current Thoughts

X100F - its a keeper and its so beaten up its really not worth selling (and its camera I don't mind getting abused)
Leica Q
X-H1 +XF16mm + Zeiss32mm + XF90mm
STX-1N + 50mm
GSW690III

But my wife likes her X-T20 and likes the 23mm F2, 18-55 and 55-200 so that doesn't actually leave a lot of gear that could be sold

Its actually been great writing this post as its starting to clarify things....I think......I really like fixed lens cameras, so maybe, just maybe, I should get rid of my Fuji ILC stuff, keep the wife's and change the Q to a Q2... its a big investment 50R+Lens type investment, but is smaller size means it will get used more, and being a Leica won't depreciate like a stone if it doesn't work out, but then again maybe I should buy the s/h Q and try it...........................

Or maybe stop looking at gear and just go out and use what I've got!

Re done: Going is H1/ T3/ T30/ Expro2. XF80mm/ XF55-200mm/ XF56mm/ XF16mm ( not f1,4)/ XF35mm both f2 and f1.4/ XF14mm/ XF23mm f1.4.

Keeping only the X100V and X-T4 + XF90mm, at the moment.

Might be interested in the X-Pro 2 ,X-T3 or X-T30 Dave in that order

Last edited:
Serious question...

Is the 23 f1.4 in the same league as the 16, or the 35?

I've read a number of reviews that reckon it's not that sharp wide open, and not brilliant at short focus distances.....

Serious question...

I've read a number of reviews that reckon it's not that sharp wide open, and not brilliant at short focus distances.....

I found the 23 superb, not sure if I just had a good copy but mine was razor sharp wide open.

Serious question...

I`ve got both the f1.4 versions of the 23mm and 35mm my 23 f1.4 is very sharp wide open even better than the 35 I think.

Serious question...

23mm F1.4 very sharp wide open and at F2 it’s sharper than the X100F at any aperture!!

It’s not as bitingly sharp as 16mm but IMO sharper than 35mn F1.4

Every time I think of selling it, I use it and then it’s obvious why I’m not going to sell it!!

In which case @Fuji Dave I may well be interested in yours. Can you PM me what price you're looking for and I'll try and clear it with the Bank Manager in the kitchen.....

As I will get in trouble PMing, have a look in the thread :)

Yeah, I didn't realise you had posted the thread already. I have been advised that funds are not available at the present time unless I intend to sleep in the spare room...... :(:(:(

Back