The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Comparison - On the left shot with FujiGSW690III (MF approx 28mm FF) scanned to approx 36MP - Film Portra 400, on the right Fuji X100F+WCL (shot at ISO400 as I was using it as a lightmeter!) processed using Mastin Labs Portra 400 preset, cropped slightly to match - I could spend more time fiddling with this to get a better match on the pavement.

IdisrdRh.jpg

Last edited:
Comparison - On the left shot with FujiGSW690III (MF approx 28mm FF) scanned to approx 36MP - Film Portra 400, on the right Fuji X100F+WCL (shot at ISO400 as I was using it as a lightmeter!) processed using Mastin Labs Portra 400 preset, cropped slightly to match - I could spend more time fiddling with this to get a better match on the pavement.

IdisrdRh.jpg

Nice stereoscopic image.!:)

Xmas meet 2011, some of the best memories of my life are from that era.

Need to find a way to get into and around London in a wheelchair, would love to attend a London meet again.

Edit: Bloody hell, just realised that this was the last time I saw you! :eek:
Damn that is a long while ago :eek:
When it gets a bit safer and if you can plot a route,I'd be up for a blast down memory lane (y)

Damn that is a long while ago :eek:
When it gets a bit safer and if you can plot a route,I'd be up for a blast down memory lane (y)

Might need to scope out some cheap parking. ;)

Skip if you're not into Vlogs in any way, but might be of interest to you X100F owners [his missus is using an XE-3 with the 35F2]

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLmPaLSTo2w

Watched that earlier. (y)

Watched a few of his videos when I was looking at the X100F.

Is there any toneh?

Nah lol, he's not that type of vlogger. Does more travel/street stuff where the environment matters. Actually I lie ... there is a lot of 'Toneh' when he's shooting in the cafes, gotta have that 'Boooookkkay' with your burger and beer

Watched that earlier. (y)

Watched a few of his videos when I was looking at the X100F.

He's been around since I can recall looking up photography vids, not always my cuppa but his vlogs are pleasant, relaxed, easy going and sometimes it's a nice break from all the shouty, OTT vloggers these days.

Last edited:
He's been around since I can recall looking up photography vids, not always my cuppa but his vlogs are pleasant, relaxed, easy going and sometimes it's a nice break from all the shouty, OTT vloggers these days.

Only just discovered him but I do like his style. He doesn't lead a bad life, does he? :D

X100-series owners: Which model(s), if any, have the ability to change the size of the focus area in MF mode?

The X100S doesn't allow it - you have a single large central area. (You can change the size in AF-S mode.)

Only just discovered him but I do like his style. He doesn't lead a bad life, does he? :D

It might be that he went through a Sony phase a long while back lol, that might have turned me off for a while but I've watched many of his Fuji focused vids. Worth a sub I'd say, and yeah he's doing what I oft wanted to .... then children happened :/

Skip if you're not into Vlogs in any way, but might be of interest to you X100F owners [his missus is using an XE-3 with the 35F2]

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLmPaLSTo2w

Watched this earlier while doing the washing up. I do like his videos and agree it's a ncie change from a lot of the nonsense you have to sit through on a lot of channels. He often shoots round the corner from my office too.

Agreed, the silver X100 models look much slicker IMO [oddly I prefer all black on the larger bodies], I had the silver X100s for a bit - but maybe it's only as sexy as the person holding it? :ROFLMAO:

Reverse reflection by K G, on Flickr

I got one like that ;)

DSCF0351.jpg

Be careful here. This is often the case if a filter is attached directly to the lens. You need a filter adapter.

I've had this once on the V when the lens cap was on and I pressed the shutter button by accident :rolleyes:

The first rule of silver F Club is, you do not talk about silver F Club. The second rule of silver F Club is, you do not talk about silver F Club

;)

Ahem, V club!

that’s because Silver us for hipsters:D:D:D

Oh yes !

Do people buy you beard oil for xmas ?

Nope, never used any

I'll just leave this here.............................

Fujifilm-X100F-brown-camera2.jpg

John Lewis special :LOL:(y)

Dilemma.

I need to go out this afternoon around lunch-time which could be for about 3 hours. My X-T4, 10-24 and 50-140 has been scheduled for delivery today with no specific time slot. My Wife has no idea. Typically when we get parcels we open them and wipe them down regardless of the persons name on the box. HALP! lol

Dilemma.

I need to go out this afternoon around lunch-time which could be for about 3 hours. My X-T4, 10-24 and 50-140 has been scheduled for delivery today with no specific time slot. My Wife has no idea. Typically when we get parcels we open them and wipe them down regardless of the persons name on the box. HALP! lol
I'd stand by the window all day.

If she gets it before you, you're f*%$£@d :ROFLMAO:

EDIT: if she can be really nasty, maybe wait at the end of the street for the delivery

I'd stand by the window all day.

If she gets it before you, you're f*%$£@d :ROFLMAO:

EDIT: if she can be really nasty, maybe wait at the end of the street for the delivery

Nah she'll just ask my why I'm buying more s&^%. Thankfully I was smart enough to only get a joint account which we transfer bill money into each month and our money remains in our own bank accounts so I had that side covered at least. Normally the delivery company come about 5PM. I will keep you all posted. If I don't reply by 6PM then call the 5-0 lol.

Last edited:
Dilemma.

It's very simple.

Tell your beloved that one of your friends is too embarrassed to have a years supply of haemorrhoid cream delivered and has asked if he may have it delivered to your address.

Being a kind hearted soul you have agreed and, as it may be delivered whilst you are out this afternoon on other charitable deeds, ask her to leave the box unopened.

(PS. I did try this once with my Wife and failed miserably but in fairness she was kicked out of the Taliban for cruelty and can spot a wrong 'un at 100 paces).

Dilemma.

You is in T rouble :exit:

Morning all!

Quick question -

Has anyone ever used the Samyang 12mm with an 85mm filter kit. If so can you confirm what brand kit you used and if the filter holder was visible in the shot.

Cheers!

IdisrdRh.jpg
I much prefer the one on the left from the FujiGSW690III

Morning all!

Quick question -

Has anyone ever used the Samyang 12mm with an 85mm filter kit. If so can you confirm what brand kit you used and if the filter holder was visible in the shot.

Cheers!

Doesn't quite help you but I had the Samyang 12mm and they recommended the 100mm system only. I've just checked now and they still recommend the 100mm system. 85mm is compatible but will cause vignetting on Lee Filters.

Doesn't quite help you but I had the Samyang 12mm and they recommended the 100mm system only. I've just checked now and they still recommend the 100mm system. 85mm is compatible but will cause vignetting on Lee Filters.
That's good to know. I was getting mixed comments on 85mm filters but wanted something more conclusive.

This is a massive help so thanks!

Me too, the colours and the perspective from using a 65mm lens for a 28mm FOV do it for me!

In a strange way, the 690 image seems "closer". It's all to do with perspectives I guess... I also prefer the colours of the 690 image as well...

A D'oh! moment.

The lens hood just arrived, I fitted it and only then did it dawn on me that I now don't have a lens cap! :facepalm:

State of play. I've only gone and done it ;)

Told the wife I'm returning a parcel coming today so don't open it just leave it at the door. She said OK. I got home earlier than expected after my appointment. Just received the parcel. She was on a conference call with office door shut. I unpacked it and ran it all upstairs. Unboxed the lot and put them in my camera bag. Ran downstairs and broke up the box etc and put it in the bin shoved deep. She opened the door as I walked by. I swaggered downstairs without a care in the world. Shes none-the-wiser. I'll bring it all down later to set up and play with and give the response "This is the same stuff I've had before"

We're in the clear guys and gals.

Told the wife I'm returning a parcel coming today so don't open it just leave it at the door. She said OK. I got home earlier than expected after my appointment. Just received the parcel. She was on a conference call with office door shut. I unpacked it and ran it all upstairs. Unboxed the lot and put them in my camera bag. Ran downstairs and broke up the box etc and put it in the bin shoved deep. She opened the door as I walked by. I swaggered downstairs without a care in the world. Shes none-the-wiser. I'll bring it all down later to set up and play with and give the response "This is the same stuff I've had before"

:ROFLMAO:

That's almost like a military operation....... love the swagger though when jobs a good un :woot:

Honestly do you have to go to all that trouble?

Haha not normally but we're both supposed to be saving for something important and when the boss says I need to save then I need to save. Plus it's clear to see that I'm garbage with money and spend it so you can imagine the looks I get every time the postie comes.

Back