The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Last edited:
Hadd a few early mornings recently at the Long Mynd Church Stretton are is just one of the images of the rolling mist.X-H1 XF100-400mm R LM OIS WR by Philip Higgins, on Flickr

Nice one. It’s a great place for misty mornings and only 15mins drive for me, which is a bonus. Try Ragleth Hill or Caer Caradoc summits for sunrise Phil. The morning sun sidelights the hills towards the Wrekin and if it’s misty as well it’s mint.

Had a Zeiss day today Fuji X-H1 Zeiss Touit 32mm f1.8
Chapel in the wood

Chapel in the woods by Philip Higgins, on Flickr

Another top pic. (y) Funnily enough, I was thinking of going there this week to see if the woodland has any autumn colours yet.

Morning gang, any of you ever shot video on your X cameras?

I've dug myself into a hole, and I need to do a bit of video stuff for work today, but as there is no "1080p" setting on the T3, I'm not sure what I should be shooting at...

Morning gang, any of you ever shot video on your X cameras?

I've dug myself into a hole, and I need to do a bit of video stuff for work today, but as there is no "1080p" setting on the T3, I'm not sure what I should be shooting at...

Surely it has all these

[Full HD(1920×1080)]
59.94p/50p/29.97p/25p/24p/23.98p 200Mbps/100Mbps/50Mbps up to approx. 30min

All progressive scan, just select the frame rate you require

Surely it has all these

[Full HD(1920×1080)]
59.94p/50p/29.97p/25p/24p/23.98p 200Mbps/100Mbps/50Mbps up to approx. 30min

All progressive scan, just select the frame rate you require

I've settled on one that's on both, so if I use two cameras the format will be the same. Focus is on C, and on the T3 I've switched on Eye Focus.

It will be interesting, it's just a bit of video showing a customer use using our fogging machines and sanitising water, nothing too spectacular.

Edit: Also, I meant to say that the T2 is quite straight forward, but the T3 gives so many options, and doesn't actually call anything 1080p, However with a bit of Googling I've worked which ones are 1080, and that's where I found a common format, at 60fps.

Last edited:
I've settled on one that's on both, so if I use two cameras the format will be the same. Focus is on C, and on the T3 I've switched on Eye Focus.

It will be interesting, it's just a bit of video showing a customer use using our fogging machines and sanitising water, nothing too spectacular.

I found it much better in manual focus (focus once using single point and then switch to manual, at 'normal' framerates, you have quite a lot of scope for F4-F8 to get decent DOF, so effectively zone focusing), there is a lot of hunting going on in AF-C - YMMV

I found it much better in manual focus (focus once using single point and then switch to manual, at 'normal' framerates, you have quite a lot of scope for F4-F8 to get decent DOF, so effectively zone focusing), there is a lot of hunting going on in AF-C - YMMV

Thanks for tip! Never done much in the way of video, other than a few birds i the garden.

keep it with one of the converters fitted. That's what I do with mine.

They're too nice to sell on.

Easy come easy go! this is my 4th F. I have no problem parting with them nor buying them back :D And mine cost more than yours so I need to recoup :D

Easy come easy go! this is my 4th F. I have no problem parting with them nor buying them back :D And mine cost more than yours so I need to recoup :D

You fickle fuji flirt:p

I bought another F. I now own 2 one bargain and another from the refurb. I still won't sell them, one always accompanies my beloved V :cool:

And no doubt you will be trading your black converters for silver one's, probably best to keep the black one's though, you'll never know when they will come in handy :runaway:

@bumper or anyone that uses the 100V does yours get warm quickly? After using the camera for just a few minutes taking pics and going through the menus it gets noticeably warm, not hot but warm. After using the F for the last few days the difference is obvious.

@bumper or anyone that uses the 100V does yours get warm quickly? After using the camera for just a few minutes taking pics and going through the menus it gets noticeably warm, not hot but warm. After using the F for the last few days the difference is obvious.
My v only got warm when I first had it and played with the menus. It's never been hot, just warmed by the battery/grip but that could've been me gripping it so lovingly:love:
Never had any issues when out using it. I sort of wish it'd get warm from November to March.

There was an update and an extra setting introduced in the menus for heat control using video.

It's a non issue when out shooting.

Thanks @bumper I wasn't overly worried but I was taking test shots using both the F and V to compare and the heat build up was obvious on the V but no change on the F. Just slighly warm on the right hand side.

Nice to see my 'old' lens has had an outing (still got some for sale in the classifieds...shameless plug

Hope its meeting your expectations

I know I already own all of those David or I would have taken them off your hands .
But thank you for completing my Zeiss Trinity(y)

Thanks @bumper I wasn't overly worried but I was taking test shots using both the F and V to compare and the heat build up was obvious on the V but no change on the F. Just slighly warm on the right hand side.
I was out the other day with the V switched on for over 4 hours taking shots and composing without issues, in fact without any warmth. I was using 2 or 5 minute power off.
Mine was always warm when I first had it messing on the menus but it could be that it was where I was holding it too that made it warmer.

If it gets too hot for you I'll swap it out for an cold F in silver :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Mine gets slightly warm unlike any of my previous X100's.

As I understand it the dust/weather sealing doesn't allow any heat that is generated to escape and is disipated in the area of grip, a sort of heat sink.....but that may be utter bolleaux.

It seems that Fuji will be releasing a firmware update v4.0 for the XT-3 on October 28th. Auto focus improvement.

I wonder if that will filter down to the xt30

looks like the newest film sims won't though

I only just noticed there`s firmware for the H1 (and others), as well as the 80mm. All up to date and good. Wish I knew what "fix minor bugs" was though ;)

I only just noticed there`s firmware for the H1 (and others), as well as the 80mm. All up to date and good. Wish I knew what "fix minor bugs" was though ;)

Just looked, I didn't know that either, also XP1 and XP2. Gonna be busy at the weekend, nothing for the XE1 though...

Many updates for older cameras could be to make them compatible with new lenses.

Going forward, I don't think Fuji's firmware updates will be anything like they used to be. Sadly it seems that they are going Sony's way releasing many cameras. I can't keep up with their names [emoji848]

Yeah, the H1 and T2 are for the 50mm f1 plus the minor bugs. Can`t remember what the 80mm was for, but did it anyway ;)

New X-S10 looks interesting, would be the basis of a good street set up.

Back