The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

An update to the update.

Couple of days after contacting Fuji, they sent me post paid packaging to send the camera to them for assessment.
Sent it last Wednesday. Got a text and email on Thursday saying it had been received. Text and email yesterday saying it would be delivered back today (no indication of outcome though). Received it back today at 08.45am (so exactly a week which included a 4 day bank Holiday weekend!).

I feared they might say it was only one stuck pixel on an LCD screen so didn’t affect function, but they’ve actually replaced the screen under warranty.

As others have said here previously, excellent customer service. I’m very impressed.

I don`t think you can beat Fuji CS

Burnham Beeches Fuji XT3 + XF 18-55

ieEFWAX.jpg

pfxR4TA.jpg

Last edited:
Still playing around with lightpainting ;)

My old work boots took a hit, this time around ...

H1 16-55

Timberland by Paulie-W, on Flickr

"Cracking" still life style Fujigraph Mate, I don't know if it's a colour or mono toned shot but it sure do push all the right buttons for me.

"Cracking" still life style Fujigraph Mate, I don't know if it's a colour or mono toned shot but it sure do push all the right buttons for me.

Thank you, George :)

Well it`s a bit of everything ... Colour, gradient map layer, and a sepia layer, all mashed up together ;)

Still playing around with lightpainting ;)

My old work boots took a hit, this time around ...

H1 16-55

Timberland by Paulie-W, on Flickr
Absolutely love this effect, Superb skills and light! That would look cool printed large and framed.

Great work.

mac

Absolutely love this effect, Superb skills and light! That would look cool printed large and framed.

Great work.

mac

Thank you, Peter :)
Question is, where to hang it though ...

I'm feeling very happy tonight -picked up a great condition, good priced X100F. It's not the new lens of the V, but I love X100's and haven't had one since I sold the T to contribute to the XT2. Can't wait to get it out and tested!

Congrats - from one X100 owner to another X100 owner (y)

Just a quick question,not had my Fuji long, I have the XH1 with 2 cards, if I choose to shoot with the film Sims will one record RAW to one card and the jpeg Film sim to the other card?

Just a quick question,not had my Fuji long, I have the XH1 with 2 cards, if I choose to shoot with the film Sims will one record RAW to one card and the jpeg Film sim to the other card?

If you set the Camera to RAW+JPG, it will record the RAW and the JPG with the applied film sim

You can write these to the same card (one card solution), or set one card as RAW the other as JPG(two cards), or Write RAW+JPG to both cards ~(2 cards in Backup Mode)

I use the latter as I have two Cards with plenty of capacity and I've never shooting in superfast burst modes, and if I'm going to have a backup then I would prefer the security of the RAW duplicated.

Quick question, does focus peaking work in AV mode, I looked in the manual couldn't find anything only if I touch the focusing ring when steadying lens it shows up.

I missed this. What a lovely picture

Thank you. The X-T100 is my wife's camera (I'm a Canon shooter), which she's owned for a couple of years but barely used. I'd always dismissed the XC lens as bit crap due to the motorised nature of it. I decided to have a play with it and shoot some raw files last week and couldn't believe how sharp it was. So we took it with us on a couple of walks over the weekend and got some nice images with it. I took this on good Friday and it's absolutely razor sharp

DSCF0487.jpg

Last edited:
Just taken delivery of a used but perfect condition Fuji X100V. What a gorgeous camera. I had an X100F which was great, and I wish I had never sold, but the new one is looking good. I also have a Leica QP which is amazing, but has always felt too expensive and a bit too sticky-outy-lensy to take everywhere with me all the time. I’ll use the X100V for a while before deciding what to do with the Leica.

First shots from the X100V are very nice indeed. Annoying that I can’t import directly to Lightroom 6.14. Still have to figure out how to connect my Lee Seven5 filters - I believe there is a specific adapter ring.

Glad to be back in the club.

Back