The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

So why are there so many used 55-200mm lenses available? Wex and LCE each have a dozen, MPB has thirty! I know it's been around since the early days of the X system but so has the 27mm and there are virtually none of those available s/h.

So why are there so many used 55-200mm lenses available? Wex and LCE each have a dozen, MPB has thirty! I know it's been around since the early days of the X system but so has the 27mm and there are virtually none of those available s/h.
Probably because many are switching to you new 70-300?

Last edited:
I love my motorbikes.
Proceeded in camera via X Raw Studio

Sunbeam at Newlands April 2021-2.jpg by Trevor, on Flickr

H-D at Newlands April 2021-2.jpg by Trevor, on Flickr

Pre Unit Trumpet at Newlands April 2021-2.jpg by Trevor, on Flickr

Racing Honda 5 at Newlands April 2021-2.jpg by Trevor, on Flickr
Great bike photography Trevor, is that bottom photo a Honda 750 Phil Read Replica by chance..?

Keep the bike photography coming bro...!! Loving it.

Cheers;
Peter

Great bike photography Trevor, is that bottom photo a Honda 750 Phil Read Replica by chance..?

Keep the bike photography coming bro...!! Loving it.

Cheers;
Peter

Thanks Pete. No not a PR Replica. I’ve done a bit of googling. Seems to a 996 DOHC Endurance racing bike. Honda won the world championship with these. Very few were manufactured. Probably less than 10. They reigned supreme from 1976-80
I’ve got several shots of it. I’ll put them in the Transport thread and tag you.

Yep, I'm thinking of doing exactly this. But with the floodgates opened, not sure I'll actually be able to sell the 55-200 for enough to make it worth it.

Is it much better? I've only read one or two reviews and so far it doesn't seem like a black and white thing..
I've got the 100-400 and the 40-150 and am thinking of trading one of them in but for me it seems that the 55-200 is likely to be the one I go for.

First time since last year I actually took the X100V out today, while having my glasses fixed I went and had a pint in a lovely big beer garden then picked up my glasses and had a mooch. So over the moon that I kicked my self up the back side thanks to the members advice on TP.

The Lamp by Rohan, on Flickr

Yamaha by Rohan, on Flickr

Dont be So Yellow by Rohan, on Flickr

Big Red by Rohan, on Flickr

First time since last year I actually took the X100V out today, while having my glasses fixed I went and had a pint in a lovely big beer garden then picked up my glasses and had a mooch. So over the moon that I kicked my self up the back side thanks to the members advice on TP.

Dont be So Yellow by Rohan, on Flickr

Big Red by Rohan, on Flickr

Looks like you were in my front garden!! :LOL:

Is it much better? I've only read one or two reviews and so far it doesn't seem like a black and white thing..
I've got the 100-400 and the 40-150 and am thinking of trading one of them in but for me it seems that the 55-200 is likely to be the one I go for.
I can only compare it to the 50-140, and it is not really a fair comparison. Fast f/2.8 versus f/4-5.6, internal zoom versus extending barrel...
I can honestly say it is not as sharp as the 50-140, but that is an exceptionally sharp lens. However, having said that, I am more than happy with the results it gives, as for my style of photography, ultra-sharpness is not a necessity.

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at Kent UK of four people virtually in step with each other.
I'm also working on a personal project called Faceless and this will be one of the shots included.

X-H1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/1100th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Stepping In Time-03523 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

I can only compare it to the 50-140, and it is not really a fair comparison. Fast f/2.8 versus f/4-5.6, internal zoom versus extending barrel...
I can honestly say it is not as sharp as the 50-140, but that is an exceptionally sharp lens. However, having said that, I am more than happy with the results it gives, as for my style of photography, ultra-sharpness is not a necessity.
Thanks for that - like you, ultra sharpness is not a necessity for me, but something a bit lighter than the 50-140 (got that wrong last time didn't I !) would be nice for walks and holidays. I may just see what MPB have in stock..

The 70-300 is/will be a bit of a jack of all trades. The 50-140 is brilliant at what it does, although it could do with being able to focus a little closer. The 100-400 has the longest reach, and if you like shooting birds, then this is your only real option. Even if the subject is a long way off, the 100-400 allows me to make a better observation/identification when I get home. I thought I was looking at a Curlew on the beach at Burnham on Sea the other day, but the images confirmed it was, in fact, a Whimbrel. Quite a rare sight down south, only seen while passing through.

Also, the 100-400 and 1.4TC give great results if the light is OK. I upgraded the T3 firmware and even the 100-400 focuses quite quickly now.

Thanks for that - like you, ultra sharpness is not a necessity for me, but something a bit lighter than the 50-140 (got that wrong last time didn't I !) would be nice for walks and holidays. I may just see what MPB have in stock..
THe 70-300 is half the weight of the 50-140, and I can tell you, that makes a real noticeable difference to your bag weight!

The 70-300 is/will be a bit of a jack of all trades. The 50-140 is brilliant at what it does, although it could do with being able to focus a little closer. The 100-400 has the longest reach, and if you like shooting birds, then this is your only real option. Even if the subject is a long way off, the 100-400 allows me to make a better observation/identification when I get home. I thought I was looking at a Curlew on the beach at Burnham on Sea the other day, but the images confirmed it was, in fact, a Whimbrel. Quite a rare sight down south, only seen while passing through.

Also, the 100-400 and 1.4TC give great results if the light is OK. I upgraded the T3 firmware and even the 100-400 focuses quite quickly now.
THe 70-300 is half the weight of the 50-140, and I can tell you, that makes a real noticeable difference to your bag weight!
I imagine the 55-200 is a bit of a jack of all trades too, but weight is a big issue as I rarely take out the 50-140, and the 100-400 comes out on proper shoots, ie when I'm going to a race meeting, birding etc. I like the idea of the faster aperture of the 55-200 over the 75-300 and then there is the money side of it....
I may need to start looking a bit more seriously at the comparative reviews but thanks for your replies !

I've been using the Tamron 70-300 on the Fringer adapter a fair bit in the last while. I'm definitely impressed - focus isn't perfect, but it's very usable, and for a total cost of ~£350, it was definitely a good way to get access to >200mm autofocus on the Fuji system. I've finally got a bag that will let me get the 150-600 out, so looking forward to testing that over the next few weeks!

Some images from the 70-300 on the XH1:
DSCF3084.jpg

DSCF3102.jpg

DSCF3126.jpg

Back