The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Okay. So I've recently sold my 50-140mm which leaves me with my gripped X-T2 and 16-55mm and the X100F.

I'm now considering selling all but the X100 and buying the WCL / TCL as one to potentially cover all. Has anyone successfully or unsuccessfully done this? Thoughts?

Ive used Fujifilm UK for 2 lens repair's one that fell to the floor on my XT1 and it sheared the lens mount off the lens and a similar thing happened with my 50-230mm when the tripod blew over.
Both were repaired and returned within the week my first lens being replaced as the carrier lost it.:(
My friend dropped his week old XH-1 and they repaired and returned it again within a week all free of charge.
i can't speak highly enough of there service:fuji:
I used them to get my hdmi port fixed and they "lost" my camera on a random shelf for a week but otherwise it went really well.

Okay. So I've recently sold my 50-140mm which leaves me with my gripped X-T2 and 16-55mm and the X100F.

I'm now considering selling all but the X100 and buying the WCL / TCL as one to potentially cover all. Has anyone successfully or unsuccessfully done this? Thoughts?

Not sold other kit but that’s my minimal travel setup, with both converters and the digital zoom you get quite a range of focal lengths- I’m not a fan of the TCL though, it never feels balanced on the camera and I’m a wider angle shooter so prefer just the X100F with and without WCL - happily taken this kit and this kit only on days out, never thought I’ve missed out

Wouldn't be without my X-T2 and 16-55 my all weather rig.

Like many others in this thread, photography had taken a bit of a back seat for me this year. However last week I managed to get out one evening with a particular shot in mind - a local windmill silhouetted by the sunset. Unfortunately, I got the sun position totally wrong - I will need to go back in the winter, but I am still happy with the resulting image.

Chesterton Windmill Sunset by Lewis Craik, on Flickr

I have had a few comments that it is too dark/washed out, so may need to give it another tweak in Lightroom.

When I posted it in the CC section here it was also pointed out that my 55-200 may be "decentred", so at some point, I need to test that. Thinking about it, this is probably the first image I have shot using the lens where it has not just been one central subject, so would have not noticed the issue previously.

I like the composition and colour of the sky - wonder what this would look like as a B&W too?

Can anyone tell me why I can hear a motor running on my X-S10 without a lens attached? Don’t remember my X-T3/4 doing it, cheers.

I like the silhouette style image, I would even try it as a black and white high key. And I like the composure too

I like the composition and colour of the sky - wonder what this would look like as a B&W too?

B&W PP is not my forte - especially not once the file has been converted to TIFF, so I can't just apply "Acros" film simulation in Lightroom.

Chesterton Windmill BW by Lewis Craik, on Flickr

I think I prefer the colour version, but that is more what I set out with the intention of shooting..

Finally, after a long wait on the preorder list, my Fuji 70-300 is out for delivery. I’ve been looking around for a third party tripod collar. I’ve found some for other brands but none Fuji. Has anyone sourced on that would fit?

Good morning all. After a long time only using a 35mm on my A7R4 I've decided to get an X100V for something a bit lighter to have on me all the time. I just have a few questions:

I fancy the black version but have concerns about the durability. Any comments on how hard wearing the anodizing is?

Any recommendations for the adapter ring, filter and snazzy square hood? The official Fujifilm ones are a bit steep, but happy to pay if it's what people recommend.

Any recommendations for half cases or thumb grips?

I've been considering the x-pro 3 but I'm not sure I'd get on with the lack of easy access screen.

Cheers,

Pete

Good morning all. After a long time only using a 35mm on my A7R4 I've decided to get an X100V for something a bit lighter to have on me all the time. I just have a few questions:

I fancy the black version but have concerns about the durability. Any comments on how hard wearing the anodizing is?

Any recommendations for the adapter ring, filter and snazzy square hood? The official Fujifilm ones are a bit steep, but happy to pay if it's what people recommend.

Any recommendations for half cases or thumb grips?

I've been considering the x-pro 3 but I'm not sure I'd get on with the lack of easy access screen.

Cheers,

Pete
Not sure about the durability but up until now the black versions of X100's have always taken better pictures. This has changed with the V though, the silver now takes the best pictures.
:cool:

Cheers,

Pete
It was hidden screen that appealed to me. I think the only thing I have had to get used to is viewing through the evf to change settings, although it isn’t a great hardship to flip it down. I traded my A7iii for the Xpro3 and am very happy with the decision.

Thanks @Craig1912 . I pushed the order button in the X100V just before lunch. I may well pick up the Xpro next year but I'm super excited to get the X100V. I just have to be patient and wait for Panamoz to deliver, though they usually far exceed my expectations.

Now just to decide on the extra bits and bobs, and resist some of the very lovely but pricy cases on Etsy.

Finally, after a long wait on the preorder list, my Fuji 70-300 is out for delivery. I’ve been looking around for a third party tripod collar. I’ve found some for other brands but none Fuji. Has anyone sourced on that would fit?
TBH, it weighs so light that there's no need for a collar, even with the lens fully extended. I certainly haven't found a collar necessary...

Last edited:
Is anyone using the 100-400 on an X-Pro3? There is a lot of birds near where I live particularly in the winter, nature reserves, wetlands, riverside and sea. I‘d like the 100-400 and was thinking of getting that with a XT4 but if I can get away with it, the saving would be useful. Is the stabilisation in the lens good enough with no stabilisation in camera? Thanks

Is anyone using the 100-400 on an X-Pro3? There is a lot of birds near where I live particularly in the winter, nature reserves, wetlands, riverside and sea. I‘d like the 100-400 and was thinking of getting that with a XT4 but if I can get away with it, the saving would be useful. Is the stabilisation in the lens good enough with no stabilisation in camera? Thanks
I first used it on a T1 and loved it. Got plenty of stable videos clips too that normally I'd have zero chance of getting.

TBH, it weighs so light that there's no need for a collar, even with the lens fully extended. I certainly haven't found a collar necessary...
Yes it is very light, but Im going to get the 1.4x converter, just thinking more about balance.Sadly it’s a bit of a downgrade from the 100-400,But being paraplegic I just could hold it anymore. So far I’m really happy with the results. I nearly got the 2x but after some research decided not too. F11 here in Blighty just wouldn’t work :)

Yes it is very light, but Im going to get the 1.4x converter, just thinking more about balance.Sadly it’s a bit of a downgrade from the 100-400,But being paraplegic I just could hold it anymore. So far I’m really happy with the results. I nearly got the 2x but after some research decided not too. F11 here in Blighty just wouldn’t work :)
Now I understand why you are looking for a collar - good luck in the hunt. As for the 2x, I've read so often than it gives poorer IQ, certainly a lot more than the 1.4, so your research paid off.

A grey squirrel on our bird feeders this evening ...

X-Pro2; XF100-400 @ 270mm; f5; 1/160; ISO 1250

Not on an X-Pro3 but I have used it on my X-Pro2, X-H1, X-T3 and X-T4. Absolutely no difference twixt any of the IS bodies or non-IS bodies. The lens IS is superb.

The 100-400mm is a heavy lens and I found it imbalanced on my X-Pro2 (and the X-E3) even with hand brackets fitted. The X-H1 (still my favourite body of all three T bodies) is a superb mount with its extended thumb grip and the 3 and the 4 are much better ergonomically (for me) with either a Smallrig hand bracket or the Fuji battery grips fitted. The lens IS is more than capable, its the camera size and ergonomics that affect its use and the rangefinder style bodies are not best suited to its weight and size unless you are going to use a tripod. Hand held is a PIA. (My thoughts, others may differ).

Morning all. Whilst I wait for my x100v to arrive I'm spending far too much time looking for accessories. The Lensmate folding thumb grip certainly seems to be the one to go for but I can't find a UK stockist so after fees and VAT its looking like the best part of £100, unless anyone can advise otherwise?

Also there seems to be a lot of conflicting comments on the various hoods. Squarehood(.se) doesn't look worth the money and the screws look fiddly but I definitely want a filter on there to help with the weather sealing, and lets be honest they just look better with a hood!

Morning all. Whilst I wait for my x100v to arrive I'm spending far too much time looking for accessories. The Lensmate folding thumb grip certainly seems to be the one to go for but I can't find a UK stockist so after fees and VAT its looking like the best part of £100, unless anyone can advise otherwise?

Also there seems to be a lot of conflicting comments on the various hoods. Squarehood(.se) doesn't look worth the money and the screws look fiddly but I definitely want a filter on there to help with the weather sealing, and lets be honest they just look better with a hood!

If you are going to use the OVF then don't get a square hood, it blocks quite a bit of the view, even the circular ones do to a degree (the offocial one has slots in it, which allow some view through the hood (and compress on imapct saving the camera in a heavy fall - as I know!)

Personally I wouldn't go mad on accessories, spare battery, l;ens hood, protectrive filter (if you want WR) and a better strap. I'd use the camear for a bit before deciding on a thumbgrip, money might be better spent put towards a WCL

If you are going to use the OVF then don't get a square hood, it blocks quite a bit of the view, even the circular ones do to a degree (the offocial one has slots in it, which allow some view through the hood (and compress on imapct saving the camera in a heavy fall - as I know!)

Personally I wouldn't go mad on accessories, spare battery, l;ens hood, protectrive filter (if you want WR) and a better strap. I'd use the camear for a bit before deciding on a thumbgrip, money might be better spent put towards a WCL
Thanks, you're probably right on the thumb grip. I have a peak design strap ready and waiting, and a spare battery arriving with the camera. Just the hood and filter to go. I've been looking at this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/JJC-Adapter-Fujifilm-Cameras-Replaces/dp/B087LP9RMP?th=1 as it allows the cap to still work and not interfere with the OVF.

Request a bit of help from all your XT4 people. What aftermarket batteries and charger would you recommend recommend?

Hope you enjoy it @Cupotea

All of this is spot on advice.

I try and exclusively use the OVF on my V so haven't got any carlos fandango extras at all on mine other than an op/tech wrist strap

Back