The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Back up the Shard as the weather was promising. The great sunset I was hoping for didn't materialise but I liked these:

1. Even the Gods prefer North London
The Dark Side by Ian, on Flickr

2. Sunset behind Battersea
Battersea by Ian, on Flickr

3. The usual shot down the river, this time with nice clouds
Thames by Ian, on Flickr

Thanks for looking
wOOw what a superb set - lovely processing to...!

Regards;
Pete

Having a weird issue with my X-T1, may be connected to the bump it got a few weeks back though I can't see how. Basically I have what appears to be a dust bunny, but no matter how much I clean the sensor, it does not go away. I can't even see it on the sensor even with the aid of my 50mm macro lens! If it's not dust though, what else could it be? I don't see how it could be under the rgb filter. It was not in any picture before the fall, but has been visible ever since and I can't seem to get rid of it.

bunny.JPG

"Heads Up Just in case anyone is interested"

Last edited:
Having a weird issue with my X-T1, may be connected to the bump it got a few weeks back though I can't see how. Basically I have what appears to be a dust bunny, but no matter how much I clean the sensor, it does not go away. I can't even see it on the sensor even with the aid of my 50mm macro lens! If it's not dust though, what else could it be? I don't see how it could be under the rgb filter. It was not in any picture before the fall, but has been visible ever since and I can't seem to get rid of it.

View attachment 334685

Alan, I had similar on my X-T2, it hit the deck from about 4ft, the lens hood took the brunt of the damage, camera appeared to work fine, but after a couple of weeks I noticed a 'sensor mark' similar to yours, several attempts to clena it resulted in no chnage, I then found that there was a small crack under the sensor glass. I suspect that somethingh flexed during the imapct, and this grew over time, like a crack in car windscreen.

It went to Fuji Service UK, who confirmed it and replaced the sensor.

Nothing compared to the damage on my GFX though https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/digital-medium-format-thread.699936/post-9015993

"Heads Up Just in case anyone is interested"

That looks interesting, George. Thanks for that (y)

Alan, I had similar on my X-T2, it hit the deck from about 4ft, the lens hood took the brunt of the damage, camera appeared to work fine, but after a couple of weeks I noticed a 'sensor mark' similar to yours, several attempts to clena it resulted in no chnage, I then found that there was a small crack under the sensor glass. I suspect that somethingh flexed during the imapct, and this grew over time, like a crack in car windscreen.

It went to Fuji Service UK, who confirmed it and replaced the sensor.

Nothing compared to the damage on my GFX though https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/digital-medium-format-thread.699936/post-9015993

Nuts. Guess I better get it off to Fuji then. It could use a little tune up in other areas too I suppose, it has had 7 years of hard work!

I think I'd cry if I had a GFX fall like that! I was grumpy enough when my X-T2 temporarily decided it wouldn't play ball on a trip to York!

Back up the Shard as the weather was promising. The great sunset I was hoping for didn't materialise but I liked these:

1. Even the Gods prefer North London
The Dark Side by Ian, on Flickr

2. Sunset behind Battersea
Battersea by Ian, on Flickr

3. The usual shot down the river, this time with nice clouds
Thames by Ian, on Flickr

Thanks for looking
Great shots Ian! I particularly love the colouring in the 2nd one.

I have a little niggle with the X100v and wonder if anyone else has found this and got around it. I keep accidentally switching it on without noticing while putting it in or taking it out of a pocket or bag. At first I thought I was just forgetting to switch it off but now I'm quite certain it is catching on things. I know it doesn't really matter but with the rear screen set to 'shot' I do end up with quite a few pictures of the inside of the lens cap.

Any workarounds or attachments?

Nice. I'd be far too self conscious to do such photography, hats off to you sir.

:) :) :)

Thank you kindly Chris, appreciate your reply.

"It's not too difficult once you get used to it, I'm very much a people type of guy so things like street snapping just don't bother me in the slightest"

A few recent ones from me.
XH1 and 100-400 (Beardies and Stag) and 55-200 (Fly Agaric)
I seem to have scratched the front element of my 18-55, thankfully its doesn't appear to make any difference (and at least its the least expensive lens i have - but most used!)

Stag207 by Chris Gash, on Flickr

Beardy287 by Chris Gash, on Flickr

Fly by Chris Gash, on Flickr

Thanks for looking

Last edited:
:) :) :)

Thank you kindly Chris, appreciate your reply.

"It's not too difficult once you get used to it, I'm very much a people type of guy so things like street snapping just don't bother me in the slightest"
I'd just dread being challenged by an unhappy "subject" and I hate having my picture taken so don't feel right forcing it on others! I do really appreciate the genre though and love some of the imagery.

I'd just dread being challenged by an unhappy "subject" and I hate having my picture taken so don't feel right forcing it on others! I do really appreciate the genre though and love some of the imagery.
I found that once I learned to avoid maling eye contact then all went a lot easier. It tooko a while, though...

I found that once I learned to avoid maling eye contact then all went a lot easier. It tooko a while, though...

Hopefully the following can help you both:

I enjoy street photography, I'm pretty anti social and rarely smile so I'm certainly not as much of a people person as the majority. At first, it was really hard for me, but the more you practice the easier it gets. I've never been challenged I don't think, but I'm also not too blatent about it. I've certainly been caught a few times but never had anyone ask what I'm doing. I agree with the second post, not making eye contact makes it easier. Just look past them at anything that could be vaguely interesting. I shoot a lot with 35mm which you can get a decent shot with, without being too close. I also use an 85mm where you could be 50 metres away and still get a good shot. I've done maybe 15-20 shots where I've asked the person beforehand if I can capture them, these are obviously a lot closer and more portrait like. I'm not overly confident so it is hard for me to ask people, I usually get about a 75% yes answer. I've found hipster/student types are always happy for a photo. This is my personal opinion but I only take a pic of someone doing something which I would be happy being photographed doing.

I find it hard in low populated areas as you stand out more so I would suggest a city as a good starter, people are generally busy on the move and won't even notice you. I think also wearing neutral colours would help but it's not something I think about when I head out.

"Villiers Street"

Just a simple candid/landscape type Fujigraph captured at London UK of an elevated view of Villiers Street. I've deliberately gone for a higher contrast presentation to this snap to emphasise the contre-jour light.

Villiers Street-03582 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

Last edited:
Out with our nine month pup Alfie in the woods this afternoon. A slight jpeg edit;

Alfie by APM Photography, on Flickr

XE1 - Viltrox 85 - @ f/2 - iso500
Collie dog! I love Collie dogs. Here is mine from many years ago (long dead now, I'm afraid), his name was Bisley:

bisleysweet.JPG

Last edited:
Collie dog! I love Collie dogs. Here is mine from many years ago (long dead now, I'm afraid), his name was Bisley:

View attachment 335027
wOw Bisley is a beautiful collie - sorry he’s no longer with you..! They’re such loyal dogs - we have another collie ‘Breia’ and she’s just over sixteen years and now kinda struggling daily. Alfie’s taking tips from her.
Thanks for your comment and sharing that wonderful photo.

Cheers;
Peter

My knee blew out, so was off work since Tuesday, but managed to get a couple of snaps on Friday when I could actually move a little. Not very exciting, but liked the nautral light coming through the window...

H1 23mm

Light and Shadow by Paulie-W, on Flickr

Me and my Shadow by Paulie-W, on Flickr

Back