The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Which Fujifilm camera for smooth camera-to-iPhone transfer?

The X100T I have works flawlessly with the Fuljifilm PC Autosave desktop app (using an old iMac on the wifi network in the office). Press the wifi button on the camera, confirm the transfer and new photos are loaded into a new folder in my Dropbox, for all other devices to see. It's not quick, but it is pretty dependable. Love that.

Now, I'd quite like something to use when I am out and about, and for that I want to transfer new images to my iPhone (an XS Max, not super recent, but modern enough to be quick). For Spring, I'll grab a Fujifilm MILC and it would be handy to know which have firmware/NFC/etc to make this easier. Or perhaps there are third-party apps.

Any advice?

(Hate the idea of going back to using the SD card reader - that's Plan Z!)

I have, for some time now, wondered about acquiring a third body for doing more discreet street work. I have an X-T3 and an X-H1, but was thinking of something smaller just for street. At 6'4" I stand out enough without having one of those bodies in front of my face.
Today a light went on. Both the bodies I have, have vertical grips as my hands are fairly large and the grip makes handling far easier. So, I tried taking the grip off the X-T3 and adding a 27mm pancake lens - Hey presto! No need to fork out for a smaller, more discreet body - I had one all along! None of the bodies I had in mind will be any more discreet than this combo.
Now, new 'problem' - what do I buy with the money I was going to use on a new body...hmmm...:thinking:

Last edited:
I have, for some time now, wondered about acquiring a third body for doing more discreet street work. I have an X-T3 and an X-H1, but was thinking of something smaller just for street. At 6'4" I stand out enough without having one of those bodies in front of my face.
Today a light went on. Both the bodies I have, have vertical grips as my hands are fairly large and the grip makes handling far easier. So, I tried taking the grip off the X-T3 and adding a 27mm pancake lens - Hey presto! No need to fork out for a smaller, more discreet body - I had one all along! None of the bodies I had in mind will be any more discreet than this combo.
Now, n ew 'problem' - what do I buy with the money I was going to use on a new body...hmmm...:thinking:
Great to read! If it were a smidge cheaper I might have picked one up for the Xpro2.

The WR and the aperture ring may just push me to go for it mind you

Looking for some advice on Lake District. We are planning 2 nights in May and staying in Ambleside. Any great suggestions for photography locations, and for sunrise/sunset shots?

Last edited:
Which Fujifilm camera for smooth camera-to-iPhone transfer?

The X100T I have works flawlessly with the Fuljifilm PC Autosave desktop app (using an old iMac on the wifi network in the office). Press the wifi button on the camera, confirm the transfer and new photos are loaded into a new folder in my Dropbox, for all other devices to see. It's not quick, but it is pretty dependable. Love that.

Now, I'd quite like something to use when I am out and about, and for that I want to transfer new images to my iPhone (an XS Max, not super recent, but modern enough to be quick). For Spring, I'll grab a Fujifilm MILC and it would be handy to know which have firmware/NFC/etc to make this easier. Or perhaps there are third-party apps.

Any advice?

(Hate the idea of going back to using the SD card reader - that's Plan Z!)
My X-T2 has always worked well with the iPhone app.

Lost a lot of motivation and inspiration recently. Any of you fuji street photographers got shots to share?
I follow Jonas Rask on f-book his stuff his phenomenal. He does have some amazing locations to work with though.

Lost a lot of motivation and inspiration recently. Any of you fuji street photographers got shots to share?

"Pascal Colin" & "Mark Fearnley" on Flickr & Facebook & Instagram are well worth a look, both of which I'm trying to style my own street snaps to at the moment. @Merlin5 on this forum (shooting Sony) & @garryknight from this thread (shooting Fuji & iPhone) are well worth a look. @saltireblue on TP (shooting Fuji) has also produced some good stuff. And if you really want to scrape the barrel some of my own snaps from time to time seem not too bad.

Last edited:

It's been a lot harder with Covid around. Not because everyone's shielding, which they aren't any more - at least, in London where I am, but because everyone is either just out shopping, or being cautious and boring. (At least, "boring" for the purposes of street shots.) I'm certainly not above getting a shot of someone just standing in front of something, but I'd rather get shots of people doing interesting things. And I think it will still be a while before people fully get back to normal.

After lockdown, I had motivation in spades, but inspiration was very slow in coming. So I took out a couple of cameras and my iPhone and just took photos of anything and everything, with little thought about artistic or photographic merit. I started a new album on Flickr titled "Scrapbook" to keep them in. (I publish most of my photos under a Creative Commons licence so that people/companies can use them as stock, so I made all of these CC as well.) I kept that up for a while, and still have 30 ready to upload and over 300 that need processing, tagging, etc. Anyway, it worked. I found inspiration again in the gaps between shooting scraps. And the proportion of keepers to scraps steadily increased. And then came Delta and Omicron and a very much reduced number of people on the streets, so I'm a bit in mid-air at the moment.

One thing I've found that gives me both motivation and inspiration is finding a photographer I've never come across before, and checking out their work, considering how it differs from mine. Today I discovered Roy DeCavara and straight away I want to be back out on the street, trying new things.

I've also got a back-up plan, for when motivation and inspiration go on holiday, and I can't find an inspiring photographer. I have a book called "The Photographers' Playbook", with 307 assignments and ideas. I don't know yet how good it is because I haven't started on it yet, but there are plenty of other books of this kind, some of them a bit cheaper than the £20 that this cost. And I bet there are a lot of websites with similar collections of ideas. For example, at some point I plan on picking a random image on Pinterest and checking out the owner's account, and then surfing around from there, picking up ideas and inspiration.

I hope some of this is useful, or at least that it kicks off some ideas.

"Pascal Colin" & "Mark Fearnley" on Flickr & Facebook & Instagram are well worth a look, both of which I'm trying to style my own street snaps to at the moment. @Merlin5 on this forum (shooting Sony) & @garryknight from this thread (shooting Fuji & iPhone) are well worth a look. @saltireblue on TP (shooting Fuji) has also produced some good stuff. And if you really want to scrape the barrel some of my own snaps from time to time seem not too bad.

Thanks for the mention, George. (He's being too humble, Tom... ;)) There are quite a few accomplished street photographers on TP, and a lot more on POTN which I frequent. I'm not going to name any names because I'll almost certainly leave someone out. But it's worth checking out these threads for inspiration:

Capture a stranger street style : Part 2
iPHONE images... post your iPhone/Mobile pics HERE... :)
Let's see your Black and White photos

And these threads on POTN:

Color street photography
Black & White Street Photography - POST
Post Your Best Urban Candids

It's been a lot harder with Covid around. Not because everyone's shielding, which they aren't any more - at least, in London where I am, but because everyone is either just out shopping, or being cautious and boring. (At least, "boring" for the purposes of street shots.) I'm certainly not above getting a shot of someone just standing in front of something, but I'd rather get shots of people doing interesting things. And I think it will still be a while before people fully get back to normal.

After lockdown, I had motivation in spades, but inspiration was very slow in coming. So I took out a couple of cameras and my iPhone and just took photos of anything and everything, with little thought about artistic or photographic merit. I started a new album on Flickr titled "Scrapbook" to keep them in. (I publish most of my photos under a Creative Commons licence so that people/companies can use them as stock, so I made all of these CC as well.) I kept that up for a while, and still have 30 ready to upload and over 300 that need processing, tagging, etc. Anyway, it worked. I found inspiration again in the gaps between shooting scraps. And the proportion of keepers to scraps steadily increased. And then came Delta and Omicron and a very much reduced number of people on the streets, so I'm a bit in mid-air at the moment.

One thing I've found that gives me both motivation and inspiration is finding a photographer I've never come across before, and checking out their work, considering how it differs from mine. Today I discovered Roy DeCavara and straight away I want to be back out on the street, trying new things.

I've also got a back-up plan, for when motivation and inspiration go on holiday, and I can't find an inspiring photographer. I have a book called "The Photographers' Playbook", with 307 assignments and ideas. I don't know yet how good it is because I haven't started on it yet, but there are plenty of other books of this kind, some of them a bit cheaper than the £20 that this cost. And I bet there are a lot of websites with similar collections of ideas. For example, at some point I plan on picking a random image on Pinterest and checking out the owner's account, and then surfing around from there, picking up ideas and inspiration.

I hope some of this is useful, or at least that it kicks off some ideas.

Thanks for the mention, George. (He's being too humble, Tom... ;)) There are quite a few accomplished street photographers on TP, and a lot more on POTN which I frequent. I'm not going to name any names because I'll almost certainly leave someone out. But it's worth checking out these threads for inspiration:

Capture a stranger street style : Part 2
iPHONE images... post your iPhone/Mobile pics HERE... :)
Let's see your Black and White photos

And these threads on POTN:

Color street photography
Black & White Street Photography - POST
Post Your Best Urban Candids

Thanks. Reminded me, I have a street photography book somewhere filled with assignments. It was actually covid which gave me the time to get into photography properly and pick up my first Fuji, so I'm yet to experience much 'normal world' street photography.

I think they're taking the Michael with the As New price given you can get them new for just a fiver more.
It's just supply and demand. I resorted to eBay a few months ago because I couldn't get one anywhere else; people were bidding over the new price for used ones. I eventually got a used one from eBay but I had to pay what was basically the RRP. It was worth it though.

It's just supply and demand. I resorted to eBay a few months ago because I couldn't get one anywhere else; people were bidding over the new price for used ones. I eventually got a used one from eBay but I had to pay what was basically the RRP. It was worth it though.
I didn't realise they were so hard to get hold of tbh!

Thanks! I recognise the name from IG, does he do a lot of double exposure stuff?
Yep ;that is the latest project he is working on plus he lives in Denmark and has some amazing locations to work with, but I do love his work.

Thanks - I'll check it out. 1/5 stars on the App store, but I can't see any other Fuji Corp app that's relevant.
Same with me. It isn't fast by any means and can be glitchy or time out, but many alternatives there are not. I use a USB-C card reader now in my phone.

I hate to be that guy, but I've never had any problems with the app. I've used it with my X30, X-T1, X-T10, and X-T3. I must admit that the first couple of times it felt pretty dodgy, but I soon learned that manually joining the network before even opening the app tends to give a solid experience.

So basically, start wireless comms on the camera, open phone settings and join the cameras hotspot network, then open the app - all should work fine.

Changed my gripped X-T2 and X100F for an Xpro2 last week and today my ebay purchase of the Pergear 25mm f1.8 arrived to pair with it.

First impressions are good. Very small, solid metal construction. I can forgive the clickless aperture ring because of the price, and even the massive amount of flair it produces when even thinking about looking towards the sun. The focus ring has a nice short throw and the vignetting when wide open just adds to the look. The results when in use require minimal editing to get to where I want them too.

Here's a couple of quick tests on my lunch break :giggle:

DSCF9059

DSCF9051 (1)

DSCF9048

Changed my gripped X-T2 and X100F for an Xpro2 last week and today my ebay purchase of the Pergear 25mm f1.8 arrived to pair with it.

First impressions are good. Very small, solid metal construction. I can forgive the clickless aperture ring because of the price, and even the massive amount of flair it produces when even thinking about looking towards the sun. The focus ring has a nice short throw and the vignetting when wide open just adds to the look. The results when in use require minimal editing to get to where I want them too.

Here's a couple of quick tests on my lunch break :giggle:

DSCF9059

DSCF9051 (1)

DSCF9048
I just bought the same lens and for the price its a no brainer, sure it has its flaws but its a bargain to be honest

Does anyone know when the TTArtisan 23mm f/1.4 is likely to be generally available? When I checked, the TTArtisan site said they'd sold out, and everywhere else I look all I can see are reviews.
You mean direct? I could have one by end of Wednesday via amazon.

Thanks. I'd prefer to collect in person as I've had a number of parcels stolen in the last couple of years. I'll check out the locker option.
I've used lockers without any issue at all in the past tbh. Thankfully Amazon round my way is particularly reliable - they deliver to me often enough :D

Looks like an absolute bargain. Is manual focusing easy to learn on fujis?
I'm loving it on the hybrid viewfinder on the Xpro2. It can be tricky wide open, but easy enough using focus peaking imo.

Fuji focus peaking is very handy, checkout youtube.

Edit - now I'm trying to remember if it works with adapted lenses...

Yes. You can help the camera get accurate photos by changing a setting for the particular lens. On my X-E2 it's at Menu - 3 - Mount Adaptor Setting. Here's what you can change there:

Does anyone know when the TTArtisan 23mm f/1.4 is likely to be generally available? When I checked, the TTArtisan site said they'd sold out, and everywhere else I look all I can see are reviews.

Hi Gary I purchased mine from Damian Brown it’s a lovely compact lens and works well on Fuji X bodies with focus peaking
normally I go here to purchase
great prices especially if you can find a discount code via Google and fast delivery.

Here it is Gary
sorry for poor quality shot on phone :(

Attachments

• 24683FB8-3215-4F7A-90C1-97FBBC29AB51.jpeg
    24683FB8-3215-4F7A-90C1-97FBBC29AB51.jpeg
    108.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Back