The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Found this capture in my library, taken around 17 months back, it's not our dog but a random dog walker I bumped into whilst out walking our border collie.
Taken with a X-H1, I stupidly sold this camera........but so hanker after another.

Untitled by APM Photography, on Flickr

X-H1 - XF55-200 - @ f/4.4

Found this capture in my library, taken around 17 months back, it's not our dog but a random dog walker I bumped into whilst out walking our border collie.
Taken with a X-H1, I stupidly sold this camera........but so hanker after another.

Untitled by APM Photography, on Flickr

X-H1 - XF55-200 - @ f/4.4
Lovely Pete. Hope you sent the owner a copy.

Hi Trevor;

At that time I did actually get a Professional 8x8 print from 'Peak Imaging' (Sheffield) made which I have safely stored away as I haven't seen the dog walker since.

Cheers;
Peter
Nice one mate. Let’s hope you bump into them soon. They’ll be thrilled.

2 and a half grand :eek: I can't see much info about the xh2 model, I just found this review of the xh2s.

I have noticed that the third party battery I bought in 2018, when I bought my X-T2 has died. The standard NP-W126S is still going strong. Time to buy another battery, but genuine this time.

X-H2s release has me looking to some stuff from my old H1

BSA Twin not sure if it's A7 or A10 by Trevor, on Flickr

Actually after counting the barrel fins. It’s A650cc A10
OMG ! that takes me back to 1970 my first Bike was one of these A10 Super Road Rocket My first love of bikes :)
Great Bike and GR8 camera I still have 3xXH! bodies and 4 motorbike but alas not my BSA A10:confused:

Thanks for sharing and the trip down memory lane. :)(y)

Last edited:
I'm pretty rubbish at being able to capture and process what I perceive before pressing the button.

Same here, there are very few of my images that come out just as I "saw" them in my head. When they do, it's a great feeling. This is one reason why I haven't gone back to film, despite owning an EOS 620D and 50mm f1.8.

Last edited:
Same here, there are very few of my images that come out just as I "saw" them in my head. When they do, it's a great feeling. This is one reason why I haven't gone back to film, despite owning an EOS 620D and 50mm f1.8.
Thanks Steve. I thought it was only me.

Last edited:
I sometimes have a clear vision of what I want to create, but often the elements don't align so that vision is not replicated by my eyes (that could be because the tide is wrong, the sky isn't how I expected etc) and then I have to manipulate the output to get it as close to what I was hoping to achieve as possible. Sometimes the idea just doesn't work, for me, that's most of the time!! :LOL:

I sometimes have a clear vision of what I want to create, but often the elements don't align so that vision is not replicated by my eyes (that could be because the tide is wrong, the sky isn't how I expected etc) and then I have to manipulate the output to get it as close to what I was hoping to achieve as possible. Sometimes the idea just doesn't work, for me, that's most of the time!! :LOL:

We have a different approach then, if the scene isn't what I expected, I just discard all previous thoughts and work with what is in front of me! This way I'm not getting the image that I thought when I left that morning, nor trying to create it, but processing a new image based on what I saw. I may end up with images I just don't like (these don't see the public light of day), but often it forces me to work harder (in the field) and I end up with an unexpected image (that I quite like).

And don't forget it's how your brain processes what you see... Don't eyes have a better dynamic range too.

It never works for me anyway ;)

I think accuracy is overrated.

I mean, yeah, for wildlife, documentary, sports etc you want an accurate and sharp rendition as close to life as possible, but then there is the artistic side of photography, where you try to convey a feeling or emotion or idea.

It's one of the biggest struggles I have with my processing - after years of learning to make images look accurate, like how my eyes saw them, I find myself autopiloting those techniques to maximise dynamic range, get everything sharp and preserve highlights etc, and I create images that I'm just not happy with. I look through some of my first photos and while they are technically poor, they are some of my best and most emotive shots.
Nowadays I'd much rather create an image that is more like "this is how I remember it" or "this is how it felt". Like looking into a spooky woodland as a child and seeing it fade to absolute blackness as I look deeper - Is it accurate? No, but when I think back to it 20 years later, that's how I remember it,
Playing in the long grass fields in an endless summer, golden grass as far as the eye can see, a hazy sky, and soft light from a low sun in the early evening - The Orton effect isn't accurate, but when applied sparingly to an image of those fields, it makes me feel like I did back then.

Everyone has a different goal for their photography. I guess for me, I want my photography to show others my view of the world. After all, our experiences are unique - nobody knows what it's like to be you, and they never will. To me the camera captures the truth - our processing, whether in the darkroom or on a computer, is our way of instilling our unique experience of that truth.

Sorry to get all philosophical... I didn't get much sleep lastnight!

We have a different approach then, if the scene isn't what I expected, I just discard all previous thoughts and work with what is in front of me! This way I'm not getting the image that I thought when I left that morning, nor trying to create it, but processing a new image based on what I saw. I may end up with images I just don't like (these don't see the public light of day), but often it forces me to work harder (in the field) and I end up with an unexpected image (that I quite like).

Probably not so different, what I meant was when you turn up at the location and something isn't right, you then have to try and get another vision in your head. My recent trip to Osmington Mills caught me out as the stream that feeds the shallow water falls had a lot less water running through it than my previous visit. But then that was because it was in the late winter and all the water from the hills running into it. I hadn't anticipated that, I looked rather stupid standing in 2 inches of water with my wellies on!! :ROFLMAO:

After posting many photo's of our border collie dog 'Breia' for around a decade here on this Fuji section.....I've sad news that we decided to take her to our local vets today for a big sleep.
Breia had just turned 17yrs old last week and for quite a few months now had been really struggling with her mobility/eyesight, not an easy decision......we've been putting it off for a few months, one of the hardest things in life we've ever had to deal with personally. She had no quality of life towards the end....

So today my wife Ishbel and I both where with her right up to the very end, such an awful experience, Breia was comfortably put to sleep, we consoled her and told her that we loved her.....amid our heartfelt tears.....just awful. We're both devastated.

A dark day......but the 17yrs of brilliant memories we hold and treasure are simply priceless. We've never experienced a dog so loyal/loving/active and so full of life.

Thought I would share this -- Thank you all so much with your kind support over the years, and putting up with these images, very much appreciated.

Ishbel took this photo of us just last night;

Breia by APM Photography, on Flickr

And a few personal favourites from over the years;

Her ladyship by APM Photography, on Flickr

Happiness by APM Photography, on Flickr

Chillin' by APM Photography, on Flickr

Ready . . . by APM Photography, on Flickr

'Cool to be a Collie' by APM Photography, on Flickr

Serenity by APM Photography, on Flickr

Kind regards;
Peter & Ishbel

Last edited:
Sad indeed, Peter :(

Memories are what keeps you going, mate.

After posting many photo's of our border collie dog 'Breia' for around a decade here on this Fuji section.....I've sad news that we decided to take her to our local vets today for a big sleep.
Breia had just turned 17yrs old last week and for quite a few months now had been really struggling with her mobility/eyesight, not an easy decision......we've been putting it off for a few months, one of the hardest things in life we've ever had to deal with personally. She had no quality of life towards the end....

So today my wife Ishbel and I both where with her right up to the very end, such an awful experience, Breia was comfortably put to sleep, we consoled her and told her that we loved her.....amid our heartfelt tears.....just awful. We're both devastated.

A dark day......but the 17yrs of brilliant memories we hold and treasure are simply priceless. We've never experienced a dog so loyal/loving/active and so full of life.

Thought I would share this -- Thank you all so much with your kind support over the years, and putting up with these images, very much appreciated.

Kind regards;
Peter & Ishbel

Sorry to read this. A very difficult time for you both I’m sure. You’ve taken some lovely photos of her over the years that’s for sure.

Kind regards;
Peter & Ishbel
A proper sad time, I've been there. Nothing more I can say, sorry for your loss.

Had an X100F for ages. Just defected to Sony for the a6400 for that tracking and autofocus. Well, it's the real deal but I hate the camera's output in other respects .. colours, IQ etc.. Back to Fuji. Going to try out an X-S10 if anyone selling or knows a good deal on one!

Last edited:
Back