The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Spare 5 minutes so X-T3 + XF50mm f2, to slow a shutter speed. Having fun trying to find the Fuji Sims in my Capture One Pro 22

Depends how you've got it set up - I customised the UI pretty quickly when I started using it, but I think you'll find them on the "Colour" tab that is there by default - With film sim, white balance, 3-way colour mixer, skin tool etc etc.

I don't suppose you could tell my wife that could you, she's always bleating on about what I see in taking snaps of strangers etc among other things. :):)

Well you could start shooting old tools, and or boots... That should give her something to rant about ;)

Depends how you've got it set up - I customised the UI pretty quickly when I started using it, but I think you'll find them on the "Colour" tab that is there by default - With film sim, white balance, 3-way colour mixer, skin tool etc etc.

I found it as now slowed down for the evening, as I use the screen for shooting this time I am glad as turned the diopter to the max and still not in proper focus over all I am well chuffed to be back in this thread.

“A Boring Personal Update”

Some of you may know that I’ve been through the mill (as they say) health wise over recent times. So to pursue my snapping I had to revert to something considerably lighter to carry so I went down the “Sony RX” route which I like very much and will still continue to use for some of my snapping. I also had to surrender my “PL” which really hurt psychologically as I just did not have the sustained strength & stamina to be 100% safe in the air.

Anyway to help me get back to a reasonable fitness level and to have my “PL” reinstated which I wanted more than anything I engaged the services of a personal trainer, and because of this guy and a lot of hard work I’m over the moon that all parts of my “PL” (including commercial) have been fully reinstated, as I passed all the medicals & tests etc with flying colours (excuse the pun). I can now manage to carry some of my Fuji kit about again which I will be using as well as my “Sony RX units” so I’m sorry to say this and to upset you but here’s another guy returning to this thread.

I can still only jog for about three miles at the moment which is a long way short of my target but is still a considerable increase on the fifty odd yards walking that I had gone down to because of the lack of strength.
You are a stronger man than me George and so glad to hear you are not only up and running but flying also. :)

Some of you may know that I’ve been through the mill (as they say) health wise over recent times. So to pursue my snapping I had to revert to something considerably lighter to carry so I went down the “Sony RX” route which I like very much and will still continue to use for some of my snapping. I also had to surrender my “PL” which really hurt psychologically as I just did not have the sustained strength & stamina to be 100% safe in the air.

Anyway to help me get back to a reasonable fitness level and to have my “PL” reinstated which I wanted more than anything I engaged the services of a personal trainer, and because of this guy and a lot of hard work I’m over the moon that all parts of my “PL” (including commercial) have been fully reinstated, as I passed all the medicals & tests etc with flying colours (excuse the pun). I can now manage to carry some of my Fuji kit about again which I will be using as well as my “Sony RX units” so I’m sorry to say this and to upset you but here’s another guy returning to this thread.

I can still only jog for about three miles at the moment which is a long way short of my target but is still a considerable increase on the fifty odd yards walking that I had gone down to because of the lack of strength.
Great news George, very pleased to hear it.

You are a stronger man than me George and so glad to hear you are not only up and running but flying also. :)

Thank you kindly Nick, appreciate your reply.

"It's been a struggle but when the results start happening it seems well worth it"

Good on you George, cracking effort and a perfect example of mind over matter. It takes balls to crack on and overcome both physical and mental challenges and it is an experience I am familiar with having been seriously injured a few years back during a freefall jump which was more freefall than it should have been.

But with the assistance of a Hairy Ar*ed Parachute Regiment instructor, whose boot imprint is still visible on both cheeks(!) I was able to regain the confidence to exit into the unknown and enjoy the sensation of returning to terra firma.

Like you, I went down the RX10 iv route. Love it still (it really is an exceptional camera) but my heart is, and always has been, the Big F and an X-H2S has recently joined the fleet. It's lovely but it hasn't knocked my X-H1 with the sublime 90mm off the position as my favourite ever.

Welcome back.

Good on you George, cracking effort and a perfect example of mind over matter. It takes balls to crack on and overcome both physical and mental challenges and it is an experience I am familiar with having been seriously injured a few years back during a freefall jump which was more freefall than it should have been.

But with the assistance of a Hairy Ar*ed Parachute Regiment instructor, whose boot imprint is still visible on both cheeks(!) I was able to regain the confidence to exit into the unknown and enjoy the sensation of returning to terra firma.

Like you, I went down the RX10 iv route. Love it still (it really is an exceptional camera) but my heart is, and always has been, the Big F and an X-H2S has recently joined the fleet. It's lovely but it hasn't knocked my X-H1 with the sublime 90mm off the position as my favourite ever.

Welcome back.

Thank you kindly @patr fellow snapper, really appreciate your reply.

"A not too dissimilar situation to mine and so pleased that you pulled through it all as well, I shall still use my X-H1 at least for now as I have no plans to upgrade just yet. If things still maintain a good level of improvement then I might also consider upgrading to something more recent but at the moment I'm perfectly happy with the units I already have"

Last edited:
Went for a stroll round Cowes while the wife met friends. I find Cowes a bit of a Nemesis as I cannot find subjects or scenes that appeal.
Racing Yachts out of the water at Haven boat yard.
Xt4 16-55

Racing Yachts by Nick Lowe, on Flickr
Love it. Definitely worth going to get just that shot. Nice one Nick

Went for a stroll round Cowes while the wife met friends. I find Cowes a bit of a Nemesis as I cannot find subjects or scenes that appeal.
Racing Yachts out of the water at Haven boat yard.
Xt4 16-55

Racing Yachts by Nick Lowe, on Flickr

"Excellent" capture Nick, well composed & framed. I really like the contrast between the sail boats and the sky And of course the punchy mono presentation pushes all the right buttons for me.

Anyone shooting/using the Fuji 200mm f/2 lens here?
Would love to hear your views/thoughts on it….

Cheers;
Pete
I filmed a documentary and had the 200mm as part of my kit. It's stunning, incredibly sharp and stabilization is good enough for video. The 1.4x converter's also a great little bonus. What kind of use are you looking for?

Quick shot of Susie, X-T3 + XF33mm f1.4. Lens feels great on the camera. Looks better on flickr.

Susie by Rohan, on Flickr

Looking good!

I look forward to seeing more from this lens - I'm after a fast prime for portrait/doggo shots. Had pretty much made up my mind on a 56mm, but have a nagging feeling it will be too tight. The 35mm is obviously wider, but the 56mm will have a shallower DOF which is my main reason for wanting a fast prime...

So please, feel free to spam the thread! :LOL:

Looking good!

I look forward to seeing more from this lens - I'm after a fast prime for portrait/doggo shots. Had pretty much made up my mind on a 56mm, but have a nagging feeling it will be too tight. The 35mm is obviously wider, but the 56mm will have a shallower DOF which is my main reason for wanting a fast prime...

The 56mm F1.2 is a lot slower to focus than the 33mm F1.4

Looking good!

Thank you, it will get a good test tomorrow, then if I'm up to it then jazz on Friday.

The 56mm F1.2 is a lot slower to focus than the 33mm F1.4

I was actually eyeing up the Sigma 56mm, but I imagine the point still stands. Focus speed isn't something I had thought about but I don't think I'm tooooo fussed about it. I'm not really envisioning action shots (yet).

Ugh... After all this time it looks like I've lost the use of the fujifilm app. Despite it's reputation I've never had an issue with it. So long as I connect to the camera's wifi before opening the app everything has always worked perfectly.

Now that my X-T3 is on the latest firmware however, it seems that any time I touch to adjust the focus point, it crashes the camera to the point that I need to remove the battery. :(

Might try and roll back the firmware tomorrow. Anyone else ever done that?

I was actually eyeing up the Sigma 56mm, but I imagine the point still stands. Focus speed isn't something I had thought about but I don't think I'm tooooo fussed about it. I'm not really envisioning action shots (yet).
I am seriously tempted by the Viltrox 56mm f1.4 having bought their 13mm. That is a seriously good lens and is fag-paper close to FujiFilm construction quality and finish.

Ugh... After all this time it looks like I've lost the use of the fujifilm app. Despite it's reputation I've never had an issue with it. So long as I connect to the camera's wifi before opening the app everything has always worked perfectly.

Now that my X-T3 is on the latest firmware however, it seems that any time I touch to adjust the focus point, it crashes the camera to the point that I need to remove the battery. :(

I'm not 100% sure Jamie, but I don't think you can roll back the firmware. I've always found the app to be very temperamental myself, but I wonder is it worth a try deleting the app and reinstalling it again?

I think George is right, as I have never heard a roll back on firmware.

I'm not 100% sure Jamie, but I don't think you can roll back the firmware. I've always found the app to be very temperamental myself, but I wonder is it worth a try deleting the app and reinstalling it again?

Thanks for the suggestion. I've tried that to no avail. The app still works fine with my X-T1, and for the most part with the X-T3 - it works to transfer images and as a remote release, just not with live view shooting.

I also tried tethered shooting with capture one earlier and found it wouldn't take more than one shot while live view was enabled, and wouldn't let me adjust focus... So both the app and capture one having similar issues with the same task.

To me, it seems very much like the camera is the issue. I'm pretty tech savvy, so will see if I can downgrade the firmware tomorrow. Short of that, I guess I just have to wait for Fuji to fix it... It's not the end of the world, but now that I know about it I feel the need to fix it!

Thanks for the suggestion. I've tried that to no avail. The app still works fine with my X-T1, and for the most part with the X-T3 - it works to transfer images and as a remote release, just not with live view shooting.

I also tried tethered shooting with capture one earlier and found it wouldn't take more than one shot while live view was enabled, and wouldn't let me adjust focus... So both the app and capture one having similar issues with the same task.

To me, it seems very much like the camera is the issue. I'm pretty tech savvy, so will see if I can downgrade the firmware tomorrow. Short of that, I guess I just have to wait for Fuji to fix it... It's not the end of the world, but now that I know about it I feel the need to fix it!

It certainly seems likely to be with the Fuji side of things Jamie, I honestly don't know what to suggest. So sorry I can't help any more.

Apparently there’s no way of rolling back the firmware without hacking it, which is very risky. I believe (although not 100% sure) that Fuji services/repairs can install an old firmware so maybe try them if it’s really bothering you. They may even be able to suggest a fix for the current firmware.

Back