The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Personally I would correct this to say that on current generation cameras it is quick, on older cameras like X-T1/2 it’s good, but on the early cameras X-E1/X-Pro1 it’s quite pedestrian (but usually accurate)

The X-H2S is in a different league though and much faster in real world terms than X-T3/4
Agree 100%
If you want something to equal a Sony A1 and do video then you have 1 choice a Sony A1.

I dont do video but the AF on the new XH2S is as good as my Nikon D850, D500 or Z7 so no worries for me.
Older cameras from Fuji get slower and slower in the AF stakes as you move back trough the range.

Curious question, after reading Donna`s @weebleswobble SD Card question (and the answers) ...

I don`t know if I`m in the minority on shooting one image at a time, and when said session is finished, dump the files on my PC, and do what I do etc. Hence I have never seemed to need anything larger than 32gb cards, even though I have it set as overflow to the second slot. I never as yet have needed it.

Pure curiosity is all :)
You are dead right:cool:, I think I have only filled the 64gb card once and that was on an extended holiday! And I have become very lazy and leave the photos on the card and just download the days worth. So saying this, I might have a look at the 32gb instead as I just want to have a backup card (more for the case of a spare in case anything happens to the only card I have). I am making a dashed trip home to NZ and seriously don't want to lose any photos of my family at a time like this, so may chop and change the cards as I go.

Our new pup (well, he's 1 year old now and we've had him 10 months) - Alfie the Parson Jack Russell Terrier ...

X-Pro2; XF16-55 @ 31mm; f2.8; ISO640; 1/200

You are dead right:cool:, I think I have only filled the 64gb card once and that was on an extended holiday! And I have become very lazy and leave the photos on the card and just download the days worth. So saying this, I might have a look at the 32gb instead as I just want to have a backup card (more for the case of a spare in case anything happens to the only card I have). I am making a dashed trip home to NZ and seriously don't want to lose any photos of my family at a time like this, so may chop and change the cards as I go.
These are the ones I have. Rather a bunch of smaller ones, than one biggun. So if things do go belly up for some unknown reason. You don`t lose too much.

Just got back in from posting two lenses I sold, and just got a message camera and two lenses will be delivered today lucky as I had asked for tomorrow.

I bet you're looking out of the window right now Dave..

I bet you're looking out of the window right now Dave..

Know need as just got delivered now, and the XF33mm is due tomorrow. The next few days I am stupid busy indoors as doing a hell of a lot of phone calls so images will be indoors till I get back out.

“A Boring Personal Update”

Some of you may know that I’ve been through the mill (as they say) health wise over recent times. So to pursue my snapping I had to revert to something considerably lighter to carry so I went down the “Sony RX” route which I like very much and will still continue to use for some of my snapping. I also had to surrender my “PL” which really hurt psychologically as I just did not have the sustained strength & stamina to be 100% safe in the air.

Anyway to help me get back to a reasonable fitness level and to have my “PL” reinstated which I wanted more than anything I engaged the services of a personal trainer, and because of this guy and a lot of hard work I’m over the moon that all parts of my “PL” (including commercial) have been fully reinstated, as I passed all the medicals & tests etc with flying colours (excuse the pun). I can now manage to carry some of my Fuji kit about again which I will be using as well as my “Sony RX units” so I’m sorry to say this and to upset you but here’s another guy returning to this thread.

I can still only jog for about three miles at the moment which is a long way short of my target but is still a considerable increase on the fifty odd yards walking that I had gone down to because of the lack of strength.

Some of you may know that I’ve been through the mill (as they say) health wise over recent times. So to pursue my snapping I had to revert to something considerably lighter to carry so I went down the “Sony RX” route which I like very much and will still continue to use for some of my snapping. I also had to surrender my “PL” which really hurt psychologically as I just did not have the sustained strength & stamina to be 100% safe in the air.

Anyway to help me get back to a reasonable fitness level and to have my “PL” reinstated which I wanted more than anything I engaged the services of a personal trainer, and because of this guy and a lot of hard work I’m over the moon that all parts of my “PL” (including commercial) have been fully reinstated, as I passed all the medicals & tests etc with flying colours (excuse the pun). I can now manage to carry some of my Fuji kit about again which I will be using as well as my “Sony RX units” so I’m sorry to say this and to upset you but here’s another guy returning to this thread.

I can still only jog for about three miles at the moment which is a long way short of my target but is still a considerable increase on the fifty odd yards walking that I had gone down to because of the lack of strength.

That's great news George! Congratulations on getting your PL reinstated, and well done for putting the work in!

I can still only jog for about three miles at the moment

That's roughly 2.5 miles further than I can manage. :LOL:

About 3 miles further than I could!!!

Congratulations on your return to a reasonable level of fitness, George - enjoy using the Xs!

Great stuff, George (y)
Glad you're on the mend, and looking forward to seeing your fujigraphs :)

That's great news George! Congratulations on getting your PL reinstated, and well done for putting the work in!

That's roughly 2.5 miles further than I can manage. :LOL:

Many thanks for that Jamie, I can't imagine that I'll ever get up to marathon standard as I'm certainly no spring chicken. But I've set a target of around ten miles which I'd be quite happy with.

Great news George well chuffed for you, like Nod said 3 miles more than me.

Great stuff, George (y)
Glad you're on the mend, and looking forward to seeing your fujigraphs :)

Many thanks for that Mate, "Fujigraphs" you remembered. :):)

I'll start posting again a little later today, at the moment I've only got my boring street stuff, and as you know most of my rubbish will be in mono but as soon as I can I'll start trying to get some fresh stuff and see what happens.

Great news George well chuffed for you, like Nod said 3 miles more than me.

Many thanks for that Dave, also pleased to see you're back on the Fuji thread.

About 3 miles further than I could!!!

Congratulations on your return to a reasonable level of fitness, George - enjoy using the Xs!

Many thanks for that Nod, I'll have to see how things go at first and at the moment I have no plans on upgrading my kit as I'm well happy with the kit I've already still got. I did however give a lot of my "Fuji-X" stuff away as I really didn't think I'd ever get back to what I call a reasonable level of fitness.

"Drinks Outside"

The first of my snaps now that I'm able to use my Fuji-X units again. I now tend to bump up the contrast with most of my street style snapping as I prefer a more journalistic and gritty look to them. Pretty much like days past when I used an old "Nikon F" loaded with the original Tri-X or FP4 film.

Drinks Outside-03669ip by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:fuji:

Last edited:
Many thanks for that Mate, "Fujigraphs" you remembered. :):)

I'll start posting again a little later today, at the moment I've only got my boring street stuff, and as you know most of my rubbish will be in mono but as soon as I can I'll start trying to get some fresh stuff and see what happens.
Of course I remembered :)

Plus your mono stuff is Not boring ;)

Of course I remembered :)

Plus your mono stuff is Not boring ;)

I don't suppose you could tell my wife that could you, she's always bleating on about what I see in taking snaps of strangers etc among other things. :):)

Back