The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Last edited:
A few more from the Weston-super-Mare Carnival all using my XF 23mm f2. Going by the stats in Lightroom it's by far and away my most used lens.
Navy Lark by Aimless Alliterations, on Flickr
Time After Time by Aimless Alliterations, on Flickr
Atlantica by Aimless Alliterations, on Flickr

It's Only Rock 'n Roll by Aimless Alliterations, on Flickr
The Vikings Are Coming by Aimless Alliterations, on Flickr

Great set of colourful images Ron, really liking the #3 image.

Hi All - seeking some advice / perspectives on a RAW editor for RAF files. There seems to be an offer on pretty much all of them at the minute. I have concluded that Capture One is probably a bit much for me so have narrowed it down to DXO Photolab6, ON1 PhotoRAW and Luminar Neo. I’m not much of an editor and as I spend my day in front of a computer screen I‘d rather not spend ages doing edits.

I’m really looking for a simple interface that will get the best out of my images by - reducing noise, offering good exposure adjustments global and localised, and utilising AI to minimise the time.

I‘ve read / watched loads of reviews but I would really appreciate any feedback particularly regarding any idiosyncrasies working with RAF.

Thanks in advance

You could go for an I. R conversation on one of them :)
Yes but I have an XE1 that is 656nm converted and another XE1 and XT1 that are FS converted.

Hi All - seeking some advice / perspectives on a RAW editor for RAF files. There seems to be an offer on pretty much all of them at the minute. I have concluded that Capture One is probably a bit much for me so have narrowed it down to DXO Photolab6, ON1 PhotoRAW and Luminar Neo. I’m not much of an editor and as I spend my day in front of a computer screen I‘d rather not spend ages doing edits.

I’m really looking for a simple interface that will get the best out of my images by - reducing noise, offering good exposure adjustments global and localised, and utilising AI to minimise the time.

I‘ve read / watched loads of reviews but I would really appreciate any feedback particularly regarding any idiosyncrasies working with RAF.

Thanks in advance
Have you tried Capture One - if not give the free version a try https://www.captureone.com/en/capture-one-express/fujifilm

Or https://fujifilm-x.com/en-gb/support/download/software/x-raw-studio/

Thanks in advance

DXO is excellent with RAF files, I use DXO PureRAW and then process in Lightroom. The PureRAW engine is part of photo lab. But they don’t support all X-Trans sensors so check yours is supported

I think I have decided to go for X-Pro 2 rather than X100T or F. It works out "cheaper" with better/same AF anyway.

(Since I have the lenses that I want)

Especially with all the hipsters looking to buy into the X100 series.

Into Brittens.jpg
Taken over the summer at Oulton.
Fuji XT-1 with 100-400mm lens and it is cropped a fair bit. I have put it through Topaz Sharpening.
As much as I would love to get a newer machine I really still like the images from the XT-1

View attachment 374455
Taken over the summer at Oulton.
Fuji XT-1 with 100-400mm lens and it is cropped a fair bit. I have put it through Topaz Sharpening.
As much as I would love to get a newer machine I really still like the images from the XT-1

Very nice motor cycle race style capture Knikki.

I think I have decided to go for X-Pro 2 rather than X100T or F. It works out "cheaper" with better/same AF anyway.

(Since I have the lenses that I want)

Especially with all the hipsters looking to buy into the X100 series.

I'm surprised an X-Pro 2 is working out cheaper for you, you do know you have to have a lens too? :D

I have a 23/1.4, 35/1.4 and a 56/1.2 already...so yeah, it will work out cheaper :D

Ah, I see :D As a package surely the XPro 2 and lens is more expensive? Or at least I can't find a cheap combination.

No hipster tax to pay :ROFLMAO:

Well, I was happy enough with the price of the X100s I bought but it sadly had to go back. The X100f which replaced it was reasonably priced looking at what some are going for but much more expensive than something like a Panasonic GX80 and 17mm f1.8. The advantage of the X100 range over the XPro for me is that the X100 is more compact.

Ah, I see :D As a package surely the XPro 2 and lens is more expensive? Or at least I can't find a cheap combination.

Well, I was happy enough with the price of the X100s I bought but it sadly had to go back. The X100f which replaced it was reasonably priced looking at what some are going for but much more expensive than something like a Panasonic GX80 and 17mm f1.8. The advantage of the X100 range over the XPro for me is that the X100 is more compact.

And the larger lenses (eg 23mm F1.4, 56mm F.12) start to creep into the view from the OVF, thats why the F2 lenses were launched to overcome this.

The X-Pro series isn't for everyone, but Fuji do offer several body styles to meet different consumer/market requirements so that has to be applauded.

I have a feeling i will end up using the EVF more than the OVF as I don't like the framing "jumping" when half press the shutter.

I just LOVE design of the look of the body....i think it is sooooo cool. And since I am not buying it for it's technical and photographic prowess...but more "my heart wants this", once I realise that then the X-Pro 2 becomes a clear choice. If it's all about tech then I'd save up for the X-T4/5.

On the other news, my iPhone 14 Pro came today. So now I have 3 lenses in my pocket at all times with a 48mp sensor lol

Last edited:
Hi all, apologies for jumping in on this thread, I have been following for the last couple of weeks in the run up to the xt 5 being released and am really impressed by the photos and info being given on here but the price is putting me off a little.
I currently use an Olympus m4/3 camera and fancy a change, I’m really drawn to Fuji with the ability to change aperture etc done with dials on top of the camera.
Would I notice much difference if I went for the xt4 instead of the xt5? My main issue with the Olympus is the lack of focus tracking quality as I mainly shoot wildlife and trains alongside landscape.
Many thanks.

I have a feeling i will end up using the EVF more than the OVF as I don't like the framing "jumping" when half press the shutter.

I just LOVE design of the look of the body....i think it is sooooo cool. And since I am not buying it for it's technical and photographic prowess...but more "my heart wants this", once I realise that then the X-Pro 2 becomes a clear choice. If it's all about tech then I'd save up for the X-T4/5.

On the other news, my iPhone 14 Pro came today. So now I have 3 lenses in my pocket at all times with a 48mp sensor lol

The XPro 2 does look very nice but personally I can't see myself going that way as I have the Sony A7. I do see the appeal of the controls but as the bulk and weight creep up I personally see less reason to go that way. As always good luck to those who love these cameras as if you want that style of control and handling they are competing with limited competition, Leica and the Panasonic LX100 maybe? I can't think of any others off the top of my head.

Last edited:
Hi all, apologies for jumping in on this thread, I have been following for the last couple of weeks in the run up to the xt 5 being released and am really impressed by the photos and info being given on here but the price is putting me off a little.
I currently use an Olympus m4/3 camera and fancy a change, I’m really drawn to Fuji with the ability to change aperture etc done with dials on top of the camera.
Would I notice much difference if I went for the xt4 instead of the xt5? My main issue with the Olympus is the lack of focus tracking quality as I mainly shoot wildlife and trains alongside landscape.
Many thanks.
I can't speak for any other Fuji camera as the X-T4 is my first, but I shoot a lot of motorsport and I've found the AF to be absolutely fine on the X-T4

Many thanks.
Yep. Huge difference in the AF capabilities. The T5 is way better for eye af. The animal detection is superb (not faultless). I used to have Olympus OM-1. I’d definitely recommend the X-H2S for wildlife. The stacked sensor is a real bonus. Obviously the T5 shares the same algorithm. But just can’t keep up when pushed.

The XPro 2 does look very nice but personally I can't see myself going that way as I have the Sony A7. I do see the appeal of the controls but as the bulk and weight creep up I personally see less reason to go that way. As always good luck to those who love these cameras as if you want that style of control and handling they are competing with limited competition, Leica and the Panasonic LX100 maybe? I can't think of any others off the top of my head.

I am not going to buy a Leica (too expensive), or Panasonic (prefer Fuji over Panasonic). This purchase is more a heart thing so the numbers side of things matters less.

Let's hope there are going to be good ones in the Japanese used market! only 4 months to go!

Many thanks.
You change the aperture on the lens ring, rather than the top of the camera, that is for shutter speed/ISO/exposure compensation, but it is one of the best things about shooting Fuji.

If the price of the X-T5 puts you off, the X-T3 has the same sensor and autofocus as the X-T4, but lacks IBIS and the silly screen. It is also smaller and likely cheaper.

You change the aperture on the lens ring, rather than the top of the camera, that is for shutter speed/ISO/exposure compensation, but it is one of the best things about shooting Fuji.

It's not so much the changing of settings this way that interests me as I think on the whole it's better to change settings with the more modern conventional method, two near top of camera controls one front of camera and one on the back as this can be done more easily with the camera to eye and I personally find this harder to do with a Fuji to my eye. The Fuji wins for me when it comes to dialling in settings and locking them in as the Fuji controls are IMO less likely to be changed by nudging or powering off and on etc. so the Fuji once set is in a known and visible state which wont change unless it's changed deliberately.

P

If the price of the X-T5 puts you off, the X-T3 has the same sensor and autofocus as the X-T4, but lacks IBIS and the silly screen. It is also smaller and likely cheaper.
thats interesting, I can see how changing the aperture on the lens makes things easier.
I have noticed there is a dramatic difference in the mega pixels between the xt3/4 and the xt5. Would this be noticeable for me do you think?

Back