The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Yes the Silver one, as the X-T3 and maybe two lenses will get sold soon. Have not been out for a while as chest infection still has not cleared off, so hope it arrives tomorrow as it's been dispatched.
Nice one mate, hope your infection clears up soon.

Nice one mate, hope your infection clears up soon.

Cheers mate, at least it's chucking it down here so not to bad but totally fed up with this infection now. So once the T5 arrives I will set it up then sort out a price for the T3 and lens bundle.

I’ve got an itch to get another Fuji camera. I currently have a X-T1 and X-Pro 1 with 35/1.4, 23/2/4 and 56/1.2.

My favourite between the 2 is the X-T1, i am just used to the way it handles but my heart loves the X-Pro1 user experience…right up until i click the shutter and finds the focus to be slow and writing to the card to be slow and then realise the photo i took isn’t framed how i like it with the OVF…lol. I appreciate what it is rather than what it does. If this came were for work i would have sold it long ago.

So, i have been thinking getting something….it’s basically between the X-T3, X-Pro 2, X-H1 or X-100T (in terms of price range). All very different but i can’t really decide.

What put me off the X-H1 is the size, but it is also what attracts me to it as i find the X-T1 too small, i have it in a leather half case.
What put me off the X-T3 is not much different to my X-T1. But then again i really like the X-T1
What put me off the X-Pro 2 is the same thing with the X-Pro 1.
What put me off the X100T is the unknown…..

I really have no idea!

Time frame - no rush, i might get it when i get to Japan next year. I also have the luxury that i still have my Sony gear and this is purely for the hobby side. One might say this is more for the gear side than the photos side. If my Sony gear is pure results (photos) weighted, the Fuji is more gear weighted. If that make sense. Not getting any lenses as the 3 i have coverers everything i need.

Last edited:
I’ve got an itch to get another Fuji camera. I currently have a X-T1 and X-Pro 1 with 35/1.4, 23/2/4 and 56/1.2.

My favourite between the 2 is the X-T1, i am just used to the way it handles but my heart loves the X-Pro1 user experience…right up until i click the shutter and finds the focus to be slow and writing to the card to be slow and then realise the photo i took isn’t framed how i like it with the OVF…lol. I appreciate what it is rather than want it does. If this came were for work i would have sold it long ago.

So, i have been thinking getting something….it’s basically between the X-T3, X-Pro 2, X-H1 or X-100T (in terms of price range). All very different but i can’t really decide.

What put me off the X-H1 is the size, but it is also what attracts me to it as i find the X-T1 too small, i have it in a leather half case.
What put me off the X-T3 is not much different to my X-T1. But then again i really like the X-T1

I really have no idea!

Time frame - no rush, i might get it when i get to Japan next year. I also have the luxury that i still have my Sony gear and this is purely for the hobby side. One might say this is more for the gear side than the photos side. If my Sony gear is pure results (photos) weighted, the Fuji is more gear weighted. If that make sense. Not getting any lenses as the 3 i have coverers everything i need.
between the xh1 and xt3 you can tell the difference between the auto focus xt3 is more reliable for moving subjects and in low light, however i have enjoyed the xh1 it does feel a better camera to hold and use, i found i used it mainly for portraits/ landscapes which it's been lovely to use and i've been more than happy with the result's it's given me, in low light it has sometimes struggled to lock on i found it worse with the 56mm 1.2 compared to using that lens on the xt3 the xh1 is ok if there is some light available e.g. doing street photography using window lights to put some light on a subject. I use the xt3 more for motorsport and street shooting. I'm heading to Seoul for a holiday next year and now looking at upgrading the xh1 to either a xh2 or xt5 to give me a little more iq and hopefully a little more dynamic range for low light shooting

My favourite between the 2 is the X-T1, i am just used to the way it handles but my heart loves the X-Pro1 user experience…right up until i click the shutter and finds the focus to be slow and writing to the card to be slow and then realise the photo i took isn’t framed how i like it with the OVF…lol. I appreciate what it is rather than want it does. If this came were for work i would have sold it long ago.

I really have no idea!

I was in a similar position to you. Had an X-T1 for years and loved it, also borrowed an Xpro1 long term. Felt the same way as you about both.

I decided against the X-H1, I just couldn't go back to PASM. I eventually went for an X-T3 and couldn't be happier. It's similar on paper to the X-T1, but in reality it is a MASSIVE step up.

I kept the X-T1 for a while afterwards so I got a good comparison, and pretty quickly I realised just how clunky the X-T1 felt in comparison. It's kind of like comparing a modern day sports car to a 1970's porsche. Both are great, but the modern one will feel tighter, lighter, and more resposive. Rather than wrangling it into doing what you want, it assists you - that's the best way I can articulate it.

Trevor here. I’ve had the X-T4. The AF of the X-H2 and 2S is streets ahead. The H2 and 2S share the same algorithms. The eye AF and animal detection are game changers. But it reality the 2S is my choice for moving targets. This is because of the stacked sensor. Having access to super high speed burst shooting allows me to choose the exact moment I want to keep. I’ve got great shots with the X-H2 but always reach for the 2S when going out for action shots. Don’t get me wrong. There’s still plenty of room for Pilot Error. And of course, there’s no perfect camera.
Interesting and thanks for sharing your experiences especially coming from the XT-4.

I don’t need either camera tbh but user error aside (and granted that might be weighted heavily towards user error!) when shooting my kids or the dog the AF and tracking misses too often imo and in situations I feel it shouldn’t be finding that difficult.

I will caveat that with having nothing to compare with though. My previous camera was a few years ago with a couple of years using only my iPhone before getting the XT-4 so in reality I might have had the same success rate using a different camera brand.

Maybe I am just getting sucked into the hype regarding other brands AF/tracking!

I won’t be buying until next year anyway and still leaning towards some lens first anyway.

Interesting and thanks for sharing your experiences especially coming from the XT-4.

I don’t need either camera tbh but user error aside (and granted that might be weighted heavily towards user error!) when shooting my kids or the dog the AF and tracking misses too often imo and in situations I feel it shouldn’t be finding that difficult.

I will caveat that with having nothing to compare with though. My previous camera was a few years ago with a couple of years using only my iPhone before getting the XT-4 so in reality I might have had the same success rate using a different camera brand.

Maybe I am just getting sucked into the hype regarding other brands AF/tracking!

I won’t be buying until next year anyway and still leaning towards some lens first anyway.
Honestly. You’ll be amazed at just how good these cameras are at Eye & Animal detection. Your keeper rate will improve.

Honestly. You’ll be amazed at just how good these cameras are at Eye & Animal detection. Your keeper rate will improve.
Selling it/them well!

Subjective/personal I know, but if you could only have one XH-2 would you take speed or resolution?

I’m leaning towards speed personally as happy with my XT-4s quality.

Just idle curiosity more than anything. Have you taken exactly the same shot with both bodies and same lens to do any comparisons for yourself?

Selling it/them well!

Subjective/personal I know, but if you could only have one XH-2 would you take speed or resolution?

Just idle curiosity more than anything. Have you taken exactly the same shot with both bodies and same lens to do any comparisons for yourself

I feel the need for speed..

No, not made any comparisons. Really happy with the output from either..

X1000f, high noon fog and forsaken home town decay.

dmVGPyM.jpg

OwXVer1.jpg

WGBEGDj.jpg

glZkogZ.jpg

Selling it/them well!

Just idle curiosity more than anything. Have you taken exactly the same shot with both bodies and same lens to do any comparisons for yourself?

In normal viewing I'd expect that you would be hard pushed to see the difference. Printing big or pixel peeping I'm sure that you will see a slight difference, more detail from 40MP. If you like printing big or are a heavy cropper then the 40MP will be the tool for the job, otherwise I'd sacrifice resolution for faster AF and go for the stacked sensor!

The charts suggestv that the DR is very similar for X-T4, X-H2 and X-H2S, I assume that the X-H2 benefits from slightly newer technology.

It really depends on what you are shooting, as @trevorbray says, if you want speed........... but if your X-T4 is fine then I'd spend the money on glass, skip a generation or two and revisit the body in 18-24 months time.

Me too! It’s the way I’ve been leaning since both announced/released.
In normal viewing I'd expect that you would be hard pushed to see the difference. Printing big or pixel peeping I'm sure that you will see a slight difference, more detail from 40MP. If you like printing big or are a heavy cropper then the 40MP will be the tool for the job, otherwise I'd sacrifice resolution for faster AF and go for the stacked sensor!

The charts suggestv that the DR is very similar for X-T4, X-H2 and X-H2S, I assume that the X-H2 benefits from slightly newer technology.

It really depends on what you are shooting, as @trevorbray says, if you want speed........... but if your X-T4 is fine then I'd spend the money on glass, skip a generation or two and revisit the body in 18-24 months time.
Yes. My head says glass first.
I’ve decided to commit to the Fuji system so want to upgrade to the ‘better’ lens and as I have no complaints regarding IQ of my XT-4 it’s the logical path to take.

I don’t pixel peep. The only time I go beyond 100% is editing/healing.
As for cropping. I only do so mainly because of a lack of reach which brings me back to lens.
Printing is never beyond 8x10 tbh and even then it’s only the kids or dog!
Everything worse I take is just for the pleasure of it, although I keeps saying I should have some printed.

As for lens. I spend a lot of time with my 55-200 bit a lot of that is spent in shaded areas so leaning towards swapping to the 50-140 2.8 with 1.4x tc (what I haven’t seen mentioned is what it becomes. Do you lose a full stop of light so f4 or a 1/3 so f3.2? Some research to do) to get the same effective reach and better speed.
However! That doesn’t give me the reach I need now on occasion.

Some thinking to be done.

Which whilst laid up is all I’m doing. Maybe it’s best I get healed and back to work!

Last edited:
Obviously cropping would give you the reach which neatly brings you back to 40MP………..

The 50-140 is a stunning piece of glass
True but I want to ‘reach’ if possible without having to crop in too much. Silly mindset maybe.

Before any money exchanges hands I’ll hire both.

Yes. I really want that 50-140. So t think I’ve ever seen a negative review and it is a range I find myself gravitating towards so ‘makes sense’ if I ignore the fact I’ve already got it covered with the 55-200!

Obviously cropping would give you the reach which neatly brings you back to 40MP………..

The 50-140 is a stunning piece of glass
True but I want to ‘reach’ if possible without having to crop in too much. Silly mindset maybe.

Before any money exchanges hands I’ll hire both.

Yes. I really want that 50-140. So t think I’ve ever seen a negative review and it is a range I find myself gravitating towards so ‘makes sense’ if I ignore the fact I’ve already got it covered with the 55-200!

They say the 90 f2 is one of the best lenses Fuji make, and I never used mine as I have the 50-140 f2.8. The other great thing about this lens is that it has the same filter thread as the 10-24 f4, so when I shoot landscapes, I just take those two lenses now (maybe the 35 f1.4 as well as it's so light). The 50-140 performs well with the 1.4TC which turns it into a 60-170 f4. It's a heavy beast mind....

My favourite between the 2 is the X-T1, i am just used to the way it handles but my heart loves the X-Pro1 user experience…right up until i click the shutter and finds the focus to be slow and writing to the card to be slow and then realise the photo i took isn’t framed how i like it with the OVF…lol. I appreciate what it is rather than what it does. If this came were for work i would have sold it long ago.

I really have no idea!

Is there a reason you have picked different sensor/processor generations for each other the body styles? If you want better AF you need the X-T3/X-Pro3/X100V generation, not that I have found the prior generation to be that slow in day to day use.

I decided against the X-H1, I just couldn't go back to PASM. I eventually went for an X-T3 and couldn't be happier. It's similar on paper to the X-T1, but in reality it is a MASSIVE step up.

The X-T3 is a good choice but just for reference, the X-H1 is not a PASM camera. I has the roughly the same control philosophy as the X-T3. For PASM you need the X-S10, X-H2 or X-H2s.

I think I might get a X-100T...just to have something totally different to what I have.

I don't need faster AF for the X-T3, I will be just as annoyed with the in accurate slightly off framing in the X-Pro 2. so I might as well combined the 2 and get a X100T lol Because i want one for what it is, not what it does.

I think I might get a X-100T...just to have something totally different to what I have.

I don't need faster AF for the X-T3, I will be just as annoyed with the in accurate slightly off framing in the X-Pro 2. so I might as well combined the 2 and get a X100T lol Because i want one for what it is, not what it does.

One thing that did appeal to me about the X100s was the quite basic and clunky nature of it and I mean these as good things.

Having seen a lot of your pictures now and knowing you like to shoot with wide apertures would you be happy with an f2 35mm equiv on APSC? Also I do wonder if you'd be able to put up with the less than state of the art focus?

But having said all that life is short and the X100's are quite different and nice objects and enjoyable to shoot with.

The X100 and X-Pro series use the same viewfinders, although both can be switched to EVF, to make the framing more accurate.

Still waiting for the cheap X-T4s to arrive on the used market... Lowest seems to be £1000-1100 at WEX/MPB, with private sales not much lower.

Still waiting for the cheap X-T4s to arrive on the used market... Lowest seems to be £1000-1100 at WEX/MPB, with private sales not much lower.
I’ll be advertising my X-T4 in black tomorrow, with a battery grip ;)

So just set up the X-T5 Raw/Jpeg, sadly my version of Capture one pro 22 will not open the Raw files.
Haha I knew you`d get one ;)

Re C1. I downloaded the C1 fuji express, and that works with the new RAW files (y)

Back