The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

yj5XUBo.png

I did email them too, but I didn't know about the hood and leather case so only asked about the charger and strap. Which it has, will find out whether it has the rest of it!

Hopefully it does as it still has the front cap and the box.

Ex15SKL.png

The A7R3 i bought last week was 3*, but it also had a box with charger and strap too.
Fingers crossed Raymond.

Yeah but I think I probably would’ve got it anyway but it would be nicer to have everything from a collection POV.

I do think I’ll need some spare batteries though, any recommendations?
I used to buy the white ex-pro. But I don’t think you can get them anymore. E-infinity have genuine ones at reasonable prices. Plenty of cheap one on eBay. WEX have Hahnel replacements.
NP-95

I used to buy the white ex-pro. But I don’t think you can get them anymore. E-infinity have genuine ones at reasonable prices. Plenty of cheap one on eBay. WEX have Hahnel replacements.
NP-95

For the price of the Hahnel I might just get a Fuji original. There are some weird brand on Amazon that’s £20 for 2 with a charger and I’m not sure about.

Awesome! ありがとうございます!

Go to a site call Buyee, search your item there. Buyee is a portal where it looks through Yahoo Auction and Mercari.

Then there are "fees" you have to pay.

1 - Cost of the item
2 - Local Shipping of the item to Buyee
3 - Handling & Inspection fee to Buyee - This is about £3 - 5 depending which option you choose.
4 - International Shipping to you from Buyee - Subject to the size of your parcel.

New firmware for X-H2/S
Looks like improved AF. I’ll be updating mine and hopefully get chance to test over this weekend.
Oh good timing as I'm likely to spend tomorrow and Sunday with the fuji gear in hand to do my testing. Will have to go find the update and get it done on this loaner :)

Edit: Ah sadly the AF updates are only for the H2s not the H2. That's a shame.

Last edited:
Anyone know if there's a way to use autofocus while interval shooting? I would like to leave the camera (X-T3) shooting every second or so while my girlfriend and I get into the shot and try some different poses etc, but it seems that the camera doesn't autofocus when using the interval shooting feature. Would an external intervalometer fix this? Am I missing a switch/menu option?

Anyone know if there's a way to use autofocus while interval shooting? I would like to leave the camera (X-T3) shooting every second or so while my girlfriend and I get into the shot and try some different poses etc, but it seems that the camera doesn't autofocus when using the interval shooting feature. Would an external intervalometer fix this? Am I missing a switch/menu option?
I don't think so - how would it know what to focus on? Can you not set it up so that there is sufficient depth of field (maybe mark the floor, so that you know where to stand), then manually focus and pose away.

I don't think so - how would it know what to focus on?

Either a focus point, zone, or face/eye detect.

Can you not set it up so that there is sufficient depth of field (maybe mark the floor, so that you know where to stand), then manually focus and pose away.

It would certainly work for the most part. This is for when we're out and about - Set up a decent composition in it's own right, then put ourselves in it and take a bunch of shots of us playing with the dog, or just sitting enjoying the view, having a snowball fight, drinking at neon lit bars, allsorts really. I'd just like to set it going and forget it's there for a few minutes. I guess I'd just like AF - at least face detect - to know that it will (or could) nail the shot, without me having to stop down and perhaps use a shutter that's too slow.

Either way, I've managed to answer my own question by digging out an ancient relic of an intervalometer from the forgotten box at the back of the cupboard. With the external intervalometer, in AF-S mode it seems to focus on the first shot but not each individual shot. In AF-C mode set to wide/tracking it obviously needs to latch on with the single point first, so not much use. AF-C set to zone works though, and with the largest zone it covers most of the frame - combined with face detect I got a good amount of keepers from my test (jumping around a poorly lit lounge).

Just a pain that I need an external device to do this when the camera already has an intervalometer built in. Why Fuji chose the behavior it did is beyond me - In either AF-S or AF-C, it doesn't even try to focus. However, in either mode you CAN make it autofocus inbetween shots by half pressing the shutter, but it will behave like AF-S, and pressing the shutter button completely defeats the purpose of using the intervalometer...

Last edited:
Just a quick idea that sprung to mind, could you not set the camera up on a tripod or similar and rotate the screen so it’s visible from the front and use a remote shutter once you can see that the camera has detected your faces.
Apologies if this has already been mentioned or I’m missing something but I haven’t had time to read all the provided info.

Just a quick idea that sprung to mind, could you not set the camera up on a tripod or similar and rotate the screen so it’s visible from the front and use a remote shutter once you can see that the camera has detected your faces.
Apologies if this has already been mentioned or I’m missing something but I haven’t had time to read all the provided info.

Unfortunately not. The screen doesn't rotate like that on the X-T3, and this is more for candid shots over time rather than posed shots.

Does the X-T3 have a touch screen? I think if I set the touchscreen to AF on my X-T4, it just continuously tries to focus. No idea if this works in intervalometer mode though.

The only other thing you could do is record 4k video and try and grab stills from it? 4k is about 8MP I think which should be enough for a decent image if you keep still in the poses you want to capture.

CRACKED IT (sort of).

Set up using AF-C, using zone AF set to max with face detect on, using the intervalometer - this time I enabled "Pre-AF".

It still doesn't try to focus in the same way as half-pressing the shutter, but it does try to constantly focus, albeit a little slower. That's fine with me for now - it will grab whatever is in that large zone, or a face if it see's one.

Using the external one gives me proper AF-C speed, so I guess I'll see which one ends up working better for me.

Photos of it, taken with a X-T1.

It is in incredible condition, i am trying to find a mark on it lol I think it has been used in the leather case when it was used.

Better pictures of the X100

FnrYLih.jpg

7KZipIp.jpg

ZSg8rHF.jpg

BxrBp5F.jpg

sUkEr6w.jpg

I didn't realise how much smaller it is to the X-Pro1.

hwtI3jP.jpg

Yowza. I've got a Pro1 sat next to me so this is the first time I've really grasped the size of the x100's... That's pretty cool!

Looks like you found a gem! Enjoy it!

Nice one Raymond. Enjoy it.

Thank you Trevor, your comment about it's nicer colour sensor tipped it over the edge for my to click buy.

Really pleased how it turned out, it is in as new condition. It's "used" I think because of the case has scuffs on it and the cables is loose on the 2nd tray but the camera, the lens hood, the filter and strap, looks new.

I think i would have regretted it had i not bought it.

Last edited:
Question to X100 users.

What do you set you Fn button for?

Without an ISO button the logical thing is to do that, or i could use Auto ISO...but sometimes i need it when i use the tripod...but since the camera can only do iso 200 with F2.0...i am thinking the ND filter will be more useful in daylight?

then switch to ISO control when i use a tripod ?

Last edited:
Thank you Trevor, your comment about it's nicer colour sensor tipped it over the edge for my to click buy.

Really pleased how it turned out, it is in as new condition. It's "used" I think because of the case has scuffs on it and the cables is loose on the 2nd tray but the camera, the lens hood, the filter and strap, looks new.

I think i would have regretted it had i not bought it.

My second ever Fuji is one of those. I’ve had two copies. Stupidly sold the first to buy X100F. That’s gone, but I picked up another Finepix X100 LE about 3 years ago. Pretty sure I’ll never part with it. Yes it’s a bit dated. Quirky and Slow. But a deliberate shooter will enjoy its uniqueness and be rewarded with beautiful pictures.
Again. Enjoy.
BTW. The battery reporting by the camera is notoriously poor. You’ll often run out of juice seconds after you’ve checked the remaining charge. Don’t stop at only one spare on a day out.

Question to X100 users.

What do you set you Fn button for?

Without an ISO button the logical thing is to do that, or i could use Auto ISO...but sometimes i need it when i use the tripod...but since the camera can only do 1/1000th with F2.0...i am thinking the ND filter will be more useful in daylight?
I use it to engage the ND filter.

My second ever Fuji is one of those. I’ve had two copies. Stupidly sold the first to buy X100F. That’s gone, but I picked up another Finepix X100 LE about 3 years ago. Pretty sure I’ll never part with it. Yes it’s a bit dated. Quirky and Slow. But a deliberate shooter will enjoy its uniqueness and be rewarded with beautiful pictures.
Again. Enjoy.
BTW. The battery reporting by the camera is notoriously poor. You’ll often run out of juice seconds after you’ve checked the remaining charge. Don’t stop at only one spare on a day out.

I've ordered a spare official one, but i will pick up a couple of 3rd party later on.

Re the lens hood, I think it's unfortunate that

1 - The case doesn't fit the camera with the hood attached
2 - The hood doesn't come off easily and flip on backwards
3 - The lens cap doesn't go on with the lens hood on. (may be i can get a 49mmm lens cap with a pinch grip)

Last edited:
I use it to engage the ND filter.

I just updated the firmware (it was on 1.13 or something) to the latest one. I can now set the RAW button as ISO, and then Fn for ND filter.

That is a logical layout i think.

oh, is it me but the minimum focus distance is much further than most other 35mm (eq) lenses?

p.s. I love the ND filter feature.

I just updated the firmware (it was on 1.13 or something) to the latest one. I can now set the RAW button as ISO, and then Fn for ND filter.

That is a logical layout i think.

oh, is it me but the minimum focus distance is much further than most other 35mm (eq) lenses?

p.s. I love the ND filter feature.
Use the macro feature.

Oh! I totally forgot this is a compact lol Not used to having a macro button on the back rather than on the lens!

Doh!

I am starting to get this camera now….it can do a lot. Much more than my other compacts.

Just wait for the fun you can have with a Godox trigger on it. (y)

Does anyone have an X-H2 and regularly use the 100-400 with it? I've been out all day today with this combo alongside my Z9 and I don't know if the loaner kit has an issue or something else going on but I don't seem to be able to get sharp images at all. It seems like the further the distance to the subject at 400mm the worse the images get, it's like a ghosting and on some images they look to be focused but just have a strange glowing ghosting over the subject.

At first I thought it was my technique with it being effectively an 80mp full frame equivalent in pixel density so I upped the shutter speed to 1/1600 - 1/2000 and still the images aren't sharp. Even with the Z9 I can get sharp images at 1/500 or lower at 800mm so really can't work out what's going on. I'm tempted to say there's a fault, possibly with the IBIS or the lens itself.

Anyone else experienced anything similar?

Really disappointing when the X-H2s was so good.

Back