The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Hey all.
I've picked up a TTartisan 27mm f/2.8 for my X-T30ii but I'm a bit disappointed with the amount of vignetting, and think it's too narrow for what I want it for (city pics, buildings etc).
I thought about getting the 18mm f/2 instead as I want a pancake lens, but are there any alternative primes would you recommend instead?
I also have the 18-55mm f/2.8-4...
Thanks!
I’ve been on a similar journey; and if pancake is a must, then the Fuji 18mm or 27mm are your only options.

The Fuji 27mm isn’t a massive step up from the TTA; I think it might just be a side-effect of putting a lens in that format. Theres some good comparisons of the two online; the differences are negligible.

I don’t have any experience with the 18mm pankcake I’m afraid; but I’d imagine it’s still pretty good.

Currently, using SanDisk Extreme Pro UHS-1, Class 10, SDXC Card, up to 200MB/s Read Speed, 128GB out of my D90 but, just having moved to the X-T5, saving is taking a second or two for raw uncompressed and fine, single shot.

Realise the following Sony SD is not on the Fuji recommended list for X-T5 but, has anyone have any thoughts as seems a bargain for £48 from Clifton

Sony SDXC SF-E Series 128GB UHS-II V60 - SFE128A

Thoughts appreciated
You've got Clarity set in your image settings. This causes the camera to slow down and show 'Storing' when taking the shot. This only applies to jpegs which is why it goes away when you only save Raw files.

There’s probably not too many to choose from @beercan . I got the TT27 last week and am more “concerned” about the focus breathing which is similar to how the Panasonic 20mm f1.7 on m43 used to focus in the dark.

I haven’t really noticed the vignetting as I’ve shot at f5.6 or f8

Will try the lens a few more times as it was only a very quick trial from me so perhaps user error.

I also have the 18mm f2

There’s probably not too many to choose from @beercan . I got the TT27 last week and am more “concerned” about the focus breathing which is similar to how the Panasonic 20mm f1.7 on m43 used to focus in the dark.

I haven’t really noticed the vignetting as I’ve shot at f5.6 or f8

Will try the lens a few more times as it was only a very quick trial from me so perhaps user error.

I also have the 18mm f2
Forgive my ignorance - what is 'focus breathing'? I also have the TTA27mm

You've got Clarity set in your image settings. This causes the camera to slow down and show 'Storing' when taking the shot. This only applies to jpegs which is why it goes away when you only save Raw files.
Thanks, Richard, I will have a look when I return tomorrow.

IMG_0222.jpeg
Gull bread snatcher

My flat is on the third floor and the gulls love a good crust and get real close to the window.
I realise this format won’t be to everyone’s taste, I wanted to include the trail of breadcrumbs.
T3 - Fujinon 50

A bit of a misty walk up to Three Shire Heads. Not ideal conditions as we didn't get to enjoy the views to their full extent but a good walk anyway. X-T4, 18-55mm kit lens

]
wOOw superb captures, love the vivid colours, excellent photography Richard.

Regards.
peter

Thanks, Richard, I will have a look when I return tomorrow.
Clarity is set to off.

Just returned from a shoot and even with raw only and lossless compressed set, still takes a couple of seconds saving.

Just ordered one of these to see if it helps
Lexar Professional 1667x SD Card 128GB, SDXC UHS-II Memory Card, Up to 250MB/s Read, 120MB/s Write, Class 10, U3, V60 SD for Professional Photographer, Videographer, Enthusiast

Clarity is set to off.

Just returned from a shoot and even with raw only and lossless compressed set, still takes a couple of seconds saving.

Lexar Professional 1667x SD Card 128GB, SDXC UHS-II Memory Card, Up to 250MB/s Read, 120MB/s Write, Class 10, U3, V60 SD for Professional Photographer, Videographer, Enthusiast

I've been using those exact cards (Lexar) and they've been great. Certainly more than fast enough, so If they still do it, it must be an issue with the camera.

Clarity is set to off.

Definitely a camera issue, I only use UHS-I cards in my X-T4, Lossless compressed Raw to one card and jpeg to the other and I never have this issue, unless Clarity is on.

Definitely a camera issue, I only use UHS-I cards in my X-T4, Lossless compressed Raw to one card and jpeg to the other and I never have this issue, unless Clarity is on.

How is that relevant when he is using an X-T5?

Clarity is set to off.

You're not in economy mode are you? Rather than normal or one of the Boost modes? Only other thing I can think of.

You're not in economy mode are you? Rather than normal or one of the Boost modes? Only other thing I can think of.
I am an idiot.

Last week, one of the group told me to check the Drive and make sure it was in S CL or CH it was not. Problem solved, until I just spotted that I must inadvertently moved it to HDR, hence the delay in saving again.

Thanks to everyone for trying to help me, and wasting your time.

@jimmyjamjojo

I am going to have a hold of both, but does anyone have experiance of both the X-S10 & X-S20 ? I know battery life is about double on the 20, but that does not worry me a huge amount.

I can get the S10 with 16-80 lens for about £1200 and the S20 for about £1450, but that is with a 2nd hand lens.

I am going to have a hold of both, but does anyone have experiance of both the X-S10 & X-S20 ? I know battery life is about double on the 20, but that does not worry me a huge amount.

I can get the S10 with 16-80 lens for about £1200 and the S20 for about £1450, but that is with a 2nd hand lens.
Yes I have had both just to have a S10 sold it a while ago and found out I missed it so I ended up getting the S20.
Like you said battery life is way better on the S20 personally think it handles slighty better than the S10 but thats goiung to be a personal preference.
AF is better on the S20 as well as it shares the latest af with the T5 and H2 but depends how much that matters to you.

Hi people.

New Fuji owner here!! :)

On the X100F, is there a way to have shutter speed on the front dial & ex comp on the rear? I have managed to get it vice versa which is okay, but I'd prefer the other way around......? I don't think it's possible though.

Hi people.

New Fuji owner here!! :)

On the X100F, is there a way to have shutter speed on the front dial & ex comp on the rear? I have managed to get it vice versa which is okay, but I'd prefer the other way around......? I don't think it's possible though.

Not managed it on mine (I used to run all my X series cameras with exp comp on the front dial, but the GFX is reversed!!) It’s taken me about 2 years to get used to the cameras being different!!)

You got a link for the thumb grip brand please Paul? :)
Sorry mate it's an old one that I used to use on my X-Pro1s. At the moment I am looking for either a Lensmate one (that I had but gave it away when I sold my last X100T) or a Match Technical Thumbs Up for the X100T. They are not cheap but the one in the photo just isn't exactly right. The Lensmate one I had was perfect but no longer available. If I eventually score one or other of the ones I'm looking for you're welcome to the one that is in the photo.

Not managed it on mine (I used to run all my X series cameras with exp comp on the front dial, but the GFX is reversed!!) It’s taken me about 2 years to get used to the cameras being different!!)

Exactly! I have always ran my Sony bodies with shutter on the front (and I think my Canon even before that!) so I was hoping...... But I have looked & read and it appeared to be a 'no' but I thought I'd ask just incase I missed something.

Not even used the thing yet with this weekends crap weather!

Back