The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

:fuji:

WEX have just dispatched my X100VI ;)

I promise I will cherish it and use it all the time @Mr Perceptive

Learnt my lesson sir :headbang:

Challenge yourself to use it, don't attempt a 365 as thats just daunting, but perhaps twice a week to start with (once the initial novelty has worn off :ROFLMAO: )

It will be good to see you posting images again.

Nice one Alan. Enjoy.

Thanks Trevor - I’ve missed having a camera

It wasn't that long at all!

Ordered 20/03, dispatched 04/04 so no not considering what I’d read online about July.

Challenge yourself to use it, don't attempt a 365 as thats just daunting, but perhaps twice a week to start with (once the initial novelty has worn off :ROFLMAO: )

It will be good to see you posting images again.

Appreciate the comments - I will take them onboard.

I hate to be the cynic, but isn't the fable of waiting lists that are several months long not just a good marketing rumor to help build anticipation and orders within the market? Apple and Sony have been doing this with every iPhone/iPad/PlayStation for the last 20 years.

I hate to be the cynic, but isn't the fable of waiting lists that are several months long not just a good marketing rumor to help build anticipation and orders within the market? Apple and Sony have been doing this with every iPhone/iPad/PlayStation for the last 20 years.

There is a balance to it.

The PS5 shortage was real, people actually had to wait that long to get one. Demand is all well and good but long waiting list is meaningless if you can't make money unless you actually make the thing and sell it.

As for shortages of Apple products, I don't remember that, I have always got them when I ordered them. The wait was to built to spec computer but never really had to wait.

Last edited:
What colour did you go for?

Silver of course
:cool:

I suspect a few people have dropped out and perhaps the list for a silver one is not as long as a black one?

Waiting over 2 months for an Xbox Series X a few years ago was very real.

Ordered mine 05/03 so should get mine soon then. :woot:

Hope so (y)

For what reason is it to good to pass? will it make you a better photographer?

It certainly can't make me any worse... :LOL:

It's too good to pass because I've been thinking about an x100 series for a while, this would give me a chance to try out the latest and greatest and see if it's worth it for me - without waiting until September to get it. Plus with the supply problems of the regular version, I can be secure in the fact that I'll be able to sell on the limited edition without losing any money.

Only 100 of these will be released in the UK, and considering the millions of units that will (eventually) be sold, it seems a waste not to seize the opportunity.

I don't know much about them... Are they sought after or is that sarcasm? :LOL:

There was an X100LE in Black, that came in a presentation box. There was also a very limited version of the X100LE in black (released in Japan) in a wooden case (with drawers) with WCL + TCL - I know of one that made it to the UK (and not mine!!!)

There are also a number of X100F's that were sent to Fuji Ambassadors which had an abbrieviation of their names as the serial numbers (X-Pro2's as well)

I don't know much about them... Are they sought after or is that sarcasm? :LOL:

Well...the original limited in black...It's probably worth £100 more than a standard silver one. That I think is partly because it also comes with a leather case, weather sealing adaptor and UV Filter and hood. I paid £450 for it about 12 months ago. I might have gotten really lucky though.

sUkEr6w.jpg

jjeim5G.jpg

Last edited:
Well...the original limited in black...It's probably worth £100 more than a standard silver one. That I think is partly because it also comes with a leather case, weather sealing adaptor and UV Filter and hood. I paid £450 for it about 12 months ago. I might have gotten really lucky though.

sUkEr6w.jpg

jjeim5G.jpg

That’s the badger - nice

Love my fuji,ever since I got my XM-1 to start the journey. Still got that for holidays and a light carry around.

But one thing on the XT series bugs me and I don't know if anyone has a suggestion. I use a little screw in button to make the picture taking a little batter. It feels wrong without the button, but the buttons fall off. Usually when I'm not aware and they fall on the floor. I've lost loads.

Anyone any tips for keeping them in place - without using super glue that is!

I'm the opposite, I have just moved to an X-H2S and it feels weird having a shutter button without the threaded hole...

But having the port for the remote shutter on the right, is a nice touch. I hated that you couldn't use a remote shutter and an L bracket for vertical shots on my X-T2, because the remote port was on the left.

Last edited:
The box is enormous...yes I keep all my boxes in the spare room lol.

JRP64xd.jpg
Pedal boxes! I keep forgetting I saw you on thefretboard first. You still taking product shots for Chase Bliss?

Love my fuji,ever since I got my XM-1 to start the journey. Still got that for holidays and a light carry around.

But one thing on the XT series bugs me and I don't know if anyone has a suggestion. I use a little screw in button to make the picture taking a little batter. It feels wrong without the button, but the buttons fall off. Usually when I'm not aware and they fall on the floor. I've lost loads.

I'm the same; I stopped replacing them in the end.

How is the X-M1? I was wondering about one as a walk-around camera...

Last edited:
Pedal boxes! I keep forgetting I saw you on thefretboard first. You still taking product shots for Chase Bliss?

Narh, last one i did was the Gen Loss mk1/Blooper so not since the Pandemic. They've grown 10x in size now and he is doing them all in-house. The new pedal "stock image" in their new site are a 3D images generated by their design software.

I have "collected" a small collection of them though! It took quite a while to line them all up like this lol.

u6Cayg5.jpg

DQGDHXN.jpg

Last edited:

Blue threadlock. Will keep it in place, but still allow you to undo it if you want.

How is the X-M1? I was wondering about one as a walk-around camera...

X-M1 is fine until the sun comes out then you can't see the rear screen for toffee, and with no viewfinder, composition involves a lot of praying to the Gods! In all reality its not a whole lot smaller than your X-T20 and you've got the added advantage of a viewfinder!

Narh, last one i did was the Gen Loss mk1/Blooper so not since the Pandemic. They've grown 10x in size now and he is doing them all in-house. The new pedal "stock image" in their new site are a 3D images generated by their design software.

I have "collected" a small collection of them though! It took quite a while to line them all up like this lol.

u6Cayg5.jpg

DQGDHXN.jpg
Double Thermae! Man, that is quite the collection. About 7 X100VIs in value there too; bloody hell. Let me know if you ever want to part with that Wombtone :p
X-M1 is fine until the sun comes out then you can't see the rear screen for toffee, and with no viewfinder, composition involves a lot of praying to the Gods! In all reality its not a whole lot smaller than your X-T20 and you've got the added advantage of a viewfinder!
Yeah true. This whole 'not a smartphone' camera started out as trying to find a compact camera; now I have a large lens, considering a second smaller body...it's really got out of hand. I keep vacillating between upgrading the X-T20 and not too. GAS is horrendous; AND I'm a musician. Double GAS

Yeah true. This whole 'not a smartphone' camera started out as trying to find a compact camera; now I have a large lens, considering a second smaller body...it's really got out of hand. I keep vacillating between upgrading the X-T20 and not too. GAS is horrendous; AND I'm a musician. Double GAS

Body size isn't going to make much difference with a large lens. GAS is always horrendous, but it tends to come in waves. The only advice I can offer is work out what you really want to photograph, then get the gear for that, its worked for me, To many people pack their bags with a lot of "what-ifs" gear, I'd rather travel lighter and work with what I've taken with me, I never sit there and go I wish I'd brought xxxx, because there is always a shot that you haven't thought of available with what you have got with you.

I used to buy loads (13 XF lens at one point!) , now in he last couple of years I've bought very little (admittedly what I have bought has had a massive price tag, but I realise now that I just need to take more images).

Double Thermae! Man, that is quite the collection. About 7 X100VIs in value there too; bloody hell. Let me know if you ever want to part with that Wombtone :p

The Thermae on the right has a darker blue and it says "Pitch Shifter", it was their original name, it's a prototype/demo unit. No wooden box with that one.

I also had in my possession once upon a time a Blooper without the front 2 buttons on the side.

A small o ring with an internal diameter just enough to fit over the male thread of the shutter button. Adds a little spring-y tension when the button is tightened down and stops it unscrewing. The two shutter buttons I bought from Amazon came with an o ring supplied but any engineers supplier will stock them. Failing that, as mentioned above, mild threadlock will do.

Body size isn't going to make much difference with a large lens. GAS is always horrendous, but it tends to come in waves. The only advice I can offer is work out what you really want to photograph, then get the gear for that, its worked for me, To many people pack their bags with a lot of "what-ifs" gear, I'd rather travel lighter and work with what I've taken with me, I never sit there and go I wish I'd brought xxxx, because there is always a shot that you haven't thought of available with what you have got with you.

I used to buy loads (13 XF lens at one point!) , now in he last couple of years I've bought very little (admittedly what I have bought has had a massive price tag, but I realise now that I just need to take more images).
I think I am done now for camera gear - 27mm; 18-55mm & 50-230mm is absolutely fine for what I want to photograph the majority of the time. I will probably will upgrade the X-T20 to the X-E4 when the second hand prices come down; and then paired with the 27mm should turn the GAS down quite a bit.

I am *really* tempted (or I would be if I had the available cash) to get a Ricoh GR or a Sony RX just for the sheer portability. But I think I'd miss the dials etc and it feels like the X-E4 will hit the sweet spot for everything. Or thats what I'm telling myself! Thankfully the price of the X100VI is so out of reality for me (both in principle and financially) that its not even registering as a possibility.

The Thermae on the right has a darker blue and it says "Pitch Shifter", it was their original name, it's a prototype/demo unit. No wooden box with that one.

I also had in my possession once upon a time a Blooper without the front 2 buttons on the side.
Mine says 'Pitch Shifter' on it as well so I think Harmoniser is likely to be the prototype? Really want to ask how that Wombtone and Spectre sound but should probably keep pedal chat to a minimum...

I think I am done now for camera gear - 27mm; 18-55mm & 50-230mm is absolutely fine for what I want to photograph the majority of the time. I will probably will upgrade the X-T20 to the X-E4 when the second hand prices come down; and then paired with the 27mm should turn the GAS down quite a bit.

I am *really* tempted (or I would be if I had the available cash) to get a Ricoh GR or a Sony RX just for the sheer portability. But I think I'd miss the dials etc and it feels like the X-E4 will hit the sweet spot for everything. Or thats what I'm telling myself! Thankfully the price of the X100VI is so out of reality for me (both in principle and financially) that its not even registering as a possibility.

Mine says 'Pitch Shifter' on it as well so I think Harmoniser is likely to be the prototype? Really want to ask how that Wombtone and Spectre sound but should probably keep pedal chat to a minimum...

Oh yes, the other way round lol

u6Cayg5.jpg

DQGDHXN.jpg
My Wifes cousin in Spain makes these for select customers… will have to get you one to try.

Less choice is good - honestly ......................................

I'm giving serious thought to reducing my kit further as I know I'm a better photography when I work with one camera one lens

little bit of clear nail varnish on the threads helps..

Thankfully the price of the X100VI is so out of reality for me (both in principle and financially) that it’s not even registering as a possibility.
That’s close to where I am now. 27mm, 16-80 & 50-230.
27 stays on the X-E1 and 16-80 on the x-t4.

I would like a x100vi, me and the OH give ourselves £50 a month to spend on what we like, so in about 3 years I will have enough for one, at least they might be in stock by then

That’s close to where I am now. 27mm, 16-80 & 50-230.
27 stays on the X-E1 and 16-80 on the x-t4.

I would like a x100vi, me and the OH give ourselves £50 a month to spend on what we like, so in about 3 years I will have enough for one, at least they might be in stock by then
I’m definitely going to try to stick to one body! Really impressed with the 50-230mm; the XC lenses are great value. Even considering ditching the 18-55mm for the 15-45mm but a bit scared of the motor zooom!

Last edited:
I'm the opposite, I have just moved to an X-H2S and it feels weird having a shutter button without the threaded hole...

But having the port for the remote shutter on the right, is a nice touch. I hated that you couldn't use a remote shutter and an L bracket for vertical shots on my X-T2, because the remote port was on the left.

Isn't that what the 2 sec self timer is for? :rolleyes:

Less choice is good - honestly ......................................

I'm giving serious thought to reducing my kit further as I know I'm a better photography when I work with one camera one lens
We all know the real reason is that you've given up trying to keep up with @trevorbray the King of Gas :ROFLMAO:

Back