The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I think I am done now for camera gear - 27mm; 18-55mm & 50-230mm is absolutely fine for what I want to photograph the majority of the time. I will probably will upgrade the X-T20 to the X-E4 when the second hand prices come down; and then paired with the 27mm should turn the GAS down quite a bit.

I am *really* tempted (or I would be if I had the available cash) to get a Ricoh GR or a Sony RX just for the sheer portability. But I think I'd miss the dials etc and it feels like the X-E4 will hit the sweet spot for everything. Or thats what I'm telling myself! Thankfully the price of the X100VI is so out of reality for me (both in principle and financially) that its not even registering as a possibility.

Mine says 'Pitch Shifter' on it as well so I think Harmoniser is likely to be the prototype? Really want to ask how that Wombtone and Spectre sound but should probably keep pedal chat to a minimum...

Less choice is good - honestly ......................................

I'm giving serious thought to reducing my kit further as I know I'm a better photography when I work with one camera one lens

I think the same way here.

My typical instant sunrise/sunset/landscape/everyday Sony kit is the A7Riii and 35GM. If I think I might need it (depending on the location) then I'll add the A7 and Tamron 70-180/2.8.
FE85 is typically for cars. 24GM is typically night skies & the occasional landscape if I know I will need wide.

For Fuji, it's either the X100f or the X100f :) :ROFLMAO:

X-M1 is fine until the sun comes out then you can't see the rear screen for toffee, and with no viewfinder, composition involves a lot of praying to the Gods! In all reality its not a whole lot smaller than your X-T20 and you've got the added advantage of a viewfinder!

I'd agree completely. Love the XM-1 but....

Thanks for the ideas on the button. Time for some research

I’m definitely going to try to stick to one body! Really impressed with the 50-230mm; the XC lenses are great value. Even considering ditching the 18-55mm for the 15-45mm but a bit scared of the motor zooom!
Nothing wrong with one body (y)
I've only ever had a single camera (other than between selling). Could never see the point, for what I shoot.

Admittedly I do have a bunch of lenses though ;)

I've only ever had a single camera (other than between selling). Could never see the point, for what I shoot.

Admittedly I do have a bunch of lenses though ;)
Photography is a hobby for me and I am fortunate enough to have several bodies to play with (20 at last count) admittedly I am paranod with digital and won't change a lens in the field unless I absolutley have to. To that end I will usually on any outing have 3 bodies (all the same) one with a wide lens (or wide zoom) one with a standard lens (or standard zoom) and one with a long lens (or long zoom).

L1010071.JPG

3 M9s-1040113 adj upload.jpg

The only time I go out with only one body is when I am out on a motorcycle ride then I only take my X100T in a small belt pouch but very rarely stop to take photos.

Domke 2 upload.JPG

The left hand pouch has the camera etc the right hand pouch has bike related gubbins in it.

Domke upload.jpg

Photography is a hobby for me and I am fortunate enough to have several bodies to play with (20 at last count) admittedly I am paranod with digital and won't change a lens in the field unless I absolutley have to. To that end I will usually on any outing have 3 bodies (all the same) one with a wide lens (or wide zoom) one with a standard lens (or standard zoom) and one with a long lens (or long zoom).

View attachment 419210

View attachment 419207

The only time I go out with only one body is when I am out on a motorcycle ride then I only take my X100T in a small belt pouch but very rarely stop to take photos.

View attachment 419208

The left hand pouch has the camera etc the right hand pouch has bike related gubbins in it.

View attachment 419209
And the GFX and the Bronica.............

View attachment 419210

View attachment 419207

View attachment 419208

View attachment 419209
Damn that's a lot of bodywork. You're not @trevorbray in disguise are you ;)

But in all seriousness, it's horses for courses, and to be honest. I tend to decide what to take, depending on where I'm going. So maybe one lens change is all :)

Generally speaking I need to be limited in order to get the most out of a hobby. I went through a dark phase with music where I acquired a lot of gear but never made anything. Selling it all and taking a break was the best thing I did!

So in the spirit of that, trying to limit myself to one reasonably sized body and no more than 5 lenses (tbh the 3 I have will do; but I'm interested in some vintage with a converter) is my aim. One of the reasons for pursuing an X-E4 is to further that limitation; however I still have doubts about that. I should probably stick with the X-T20 body type. Seems like the best of most worlds.

And the GFX and the Bronica.............
I have 3 Bronicas but only 2 GFXs but tbh I very rarely use anything on the GFXs other than the mounted 20-35 and 32-64 although I do carry the 100-200 for the very odd occasion I will use it in the landscape (not a big fan of those long lens "intimate" landscape shots that seem to be popular these days.

As for the Broncas I am less bothered about changing lenses in the field with film so mostly only take 1 body with a couple of X-T2s for digital back up.

Hi guys anyone in here after a 90mm f2 I’ve one for sale in the forums
If I didn`t have the 80mm, I`d jump at it. I know they`re different beasts, but rarely take people shots, and the 80 will cover if I want longer than the 56.

Generally speaking I need to be limited in order to get the most out of a hobby. I went through a dark phase with music where I acquired a lot of gear but never made anything. Selling it all and taking a break was the best thing I did!

So in the spirit of that, trying to limit myself to one reasonably sized body and no more than 5 lenses (tbh the 3 I have will do; but I'm interested in some vintage with a converter) is my aim. One of the reasons for pursuing an X-E4 is to further that limitation; however I still have doubts about that. I should probably stick with the X-T20 body type. Seems like the best of most worlds.

I had two bodies for a while when I bought the used X-T1 last year, and I didn't like it at all. I had proper option paralysis of "Which one shall I take with me?" most of the time. Plus I found that I preferred the larger form factor of the X-T1 but enjoyed the newer features (and film sims) of the X-T30... but then I couldn't use that in the rain. Trading them both in and getting the X-T4 solved all of that for me :)

Last edited:
I have the X100v for every day photography, or when I am travelling light and then the bigger Fuji kit for specific photography endeavours. Then I have my old Fuji kit that my son uses...

Not sure where to put this...but got a new bag today.

Tenba Fulton 14L. (fits under airline seats, although not Rynair).

Only £75 from Camera World, got the All Weather camo version (not soft fabric version was even cheaper), the camo pattern isn't really my thing but they are not that prominent. Comes with rain cover. Enough space inside to hold a X-T5 with lens attached + 4 more Fuji lenses. Opens from body side. Top compartment main space for general clothing and larger item. Front pocket enough space for a 14" MBP. Side pocket for tripod/water bottle. I can't believe this is almost half the price of the Peak Design 10L. This will be my go to bad to take on the plane from now on.

HVbsTFF.jpg

lMBpnh2.jpg

4bCIX4n.jpg

bB1H9JP.jpg

I had two bodies for a while when I bought the used X-T1 last year, and I didn't like it at all. I had proper option paralysis of "Which one shall I take with me?" most of the time. Plus I found that I preferred the larger form factor of the X-T1 but enjoyed the newer features (and film sims) of the X-T30... but then I couldn't use that in the rain. Trading them both in and getting the X-T4 solved all of that for me :)

I love using two bodies for landscape. And car meets and shows ;)

I’ve had many cameras and lenses over the years and always start off with the best intentions before the little red fella perches on my shoulder and starts whispering :snaphappy:

I promised myself that with my x-t20 I’d just have one lens. Then I bought 2 at once so I think that counts as a single, right ? Except then I bought 3 more. But now I sold one. :clap:

But I really miss an articulating screen and ibis so the x-s10 intrigues me as it’s small-ish so should still be a travel set up…. May be ?

I’ve had many cameras and lenses over the years and always start off with the best intentions before the little red fella perches on my shoulder and starts whispering :snaphappy:

I promised myself that with my x-t20 I’d just have one lens. Then I bought 2 at once so I think that counts as a single, right ? Except then I bought 3 more. But now I sold one. :clap:

But I really miss an articulating screen and ibis so the x-s10 intrigues me as it’s small-ish so should still be a travel set up…. May be ?

When I got my first Fuji I promised myself I only stick to 23/35/56 so I have the equivalent of 35/50/85 (ish) focal length as that is my most commonly used focal length.

10 years later I am still sticking to it! Albeit came close getting a 16/1.4 last year and the little devil on my shoulder is now whispering Viltrox 27/1.2…..

When I got my first Fuji I promised myself I only stick to 23/35/56 so I have the equivalent of 35/50/85 (ish) focal length as that is my most commonly used focal length.

10 years later I am still sticking to it! Albeit came close getting a 16/1.4 last year and the little devil on my shoulder is now whispering Viltrox 27/1.2…..
When I got my first Fuji (X-Pro1 and still have it) there was only the 18, 35 & 60 which I got but as they came available I got 14, 23 (f1.4) and 56 (still have the 23).

That Viltrox 27mm looks good but the size and weight puts me off

When I got my first Fuji (X-Pro1 and still have it) there was only the 18, 35 & 60 which I got but as they came available I got 14, 23 (f1.4) and 56 (still have the 23).

I got both the X-T1 and X-Pro1 around the same time, both used and at that time all the 23/35/56 1.4 and 1.2 were already out, the APD 56 came out not long after.

Still have all of them, not been tempted to upgrade to newer 23 WR or the 33/1.4 or the 50/1.0 or 56 WR. They are all a little rough around the edges IQ wise vs newer versions but sharp enough. Don’t need weather sealing as it’s only for personal stuff. If it rains then I won’t get it wet.

Last edited:

I have the 18 f2, 27 f2.8, 33 f1.4 and 50 f2. The 33 is Viltrox so I’m never going to get compact for an f1.4 lens and the price makes it good to hold on to

Thanks Trevor - I’ve missed having a camera

Ordered 20/03, dispatched 04/04 so no not considering what I’d read online about July.

Appreciate the comments - I will take them onboard.
I pre ordered my black X100VI on the 21/02 with WEX and its still not been dispatched... regretting not going with silver now :(

I pre ordered my black X100VI on the 21/02 with WEX and its still not been dispatched... regretting not going with silver now :(

Hmm, I’ll never know but it does seem Silver might be less in demand, or they’re making more silver ones. If you wanted black then it’ll be worth the wait.

First impressions are very positive - a few nice updates in the menu system and features that weren’t on the V, but that same X100 family feeling that I am familiar with.

Couple of initial nothing special grabs - was keen to snap something with the new 6,,,

I noticed that the captured shot popped up in the bottom right corner of the OVF for a second after taking - don't remember this happening on the V or I never had it enabled. Don't like it anyway, as it detracts from the analogue experience, so will seek out the relevant section of the manual.

Ethel
by iam_BLOATER, on Flickr

Terrace
by iam_BLOATER, on Flickr

Back