The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Whilst my wife did Parkrun this morning, I had the opportunity to give my X-H2S a quick test run, I chose the 50-140 lens for this, as I wanted to test the autofocus on some runners. I was suitably impressed with it. I was even more impressed with the animal subject detection though.

Park squirrel by Lewis Craik, on Flickr

This was my favourite shot though, I thought it captured the quietness of the guy meditating, despite it being a busy park.

Meditating by Lewis Craik, on Flickr

Geeez, I'd sell it and get into the queue for a normal one!

Free X100VI.

Pretty tempting tbh.

It's tough to know what will happen with them. I feel like the current hype and lack of availability of the standard version is driving up the price more than the rarity/collector value ever will in the future. I can't imagine someone paying £3k for one in a years time, or 5 years, or 20....
But then who knows? There are only 1934 of them worldwide. Considering the millions of units that are being sold that is a very limited number...

I should probably shift it on ebay while I can, but I'm nervous about it. I've never done high value stuff and have heard horror stories of people losing out to scams since ebay seems to always side with the buyer in disputes. Also, at £3k the fees are like £400+. :LOL:

There was a controversial ad on here last week where a guy was asking for a trade or cash (£2.2k) for a standard edition - he got torn to shreds. I guess a limited edition is a little different...

I ordered the black on the 24th and got mine 2 weeks ago from LCE.

It seems individual stores has their own allocations and queues?
Yea i recall seeing you posting about yours arriving too and how you ordered it later at LCE, i actually got a email from WEX today about still having no stock allocation for my order.
I'll definitely be making pre-orders elsewhere in future :cautious:

Pretty tempting tbh.

It's tough to know what will happen with them. I feel like the current hype and lack of availability of the standard version is driving up the price more than the rarity/collector value ever will in the future. I can't imagine someone paying £3k for one in a years time, or 5 years, or 20....
But then who knows? There are only 1934 of them worldwide. Considering the millions of units that are being sold that is a very limited number...

I should probably shift it on ebay while I can, but I'm nervous about it. I've never done high value stuff and have heard horror stories of people losing out to scams since ebay seems to always side with the buyer in disputes. Also, at £3k the fees are like £400+. :LOL:

There was a controversial ad on here last week where a guy was asking for a trade or cash (£2.2k) for a standard edition - he got torn to shreds. I guess a limited edition is a little different...

eBay seem to always take the side of the buyer - really makes selling a bum clenching experience, particularly for higher value items.

I‘m banned from the classifieds on here but I don’t think TP would be the best place to sell it.

I guess only you can decide - if you want a 6 and/or are comfortable spending the extra money on the limited edition then go out and enjoy the camera. It will always be worth more than a standard one - but whether that is important or not is up to you.

Yea i recall seeing you posting about yours arriving too and how you ordered it later at LCE, i actually got a email from WEX today about still having no stock allocation for my order.
I'll definitely be making pre-orders elsewhere in future :cautious:

Then it simply has to be that black is more popular than silver unfortunately. If you ordered from WEX online then I’d assume they get a fair chunk of any UK stock and as mine arrived just 2 weeks after ordering it, you could always order a silver one and cancel the black one.

I have a fuji related question - I never hugely got on with the jpeg profiles last time I used them (xt-2 and X100T). The quality was good, but I found that it wasn't easy to get the profile I wanted in the moment. Do modern fuji cameras, like the xpro 3, allow you to record an image in, say, 2 or 3 jpeg styles at once? I don't mean the old bracketing method (where it would fire off three shots) but just take one shot and process it three ways.

It would save me ages - I mostly had a daylight profile, a shade profile and a black and white high contrast acros profile, and if I could have each image save three times once per profile, I reckon I'd very rarely need lightroom classic.

I always struggled with the raw files as well, and the worms when sharpening, although they were not problematic when printing for the most part...

Pretty tempting tbh.

Selling LEs seems to be controversial. But I only managed to get the cameras I have today by selling a collection of LE Swiss Army Knives.
All sold for more than I had paid, some for double and the oldest for nearly triple.
No-one in that collecting community batted an eye at the prices, the oldest were from 2015 iirc.

Re EBay. It’s a shame that don’t do the service they do for watches, for cameras. Where it is sent for verification before it goes to the buyer

I have a fuji related question - I never hugely got on with the jpeg profiles last time I used them (xt-2 and X100T). The quality was good, but I found that it wasn't easy to get the profile I wanted in the moment. Do modern fuji cameras, like the xpro 3, allow you to record an image in, say, 2 or 3 jpeg styles at once? I don't mean the old bracketing method (where it would fire off three shots) but just take one shot and process it three ways.

It would save me ages - I mostly had a daylight profile, a shade profile and a black and white high contrast acros profile, and if I could have each image save three times once per profile, I reckon I'd very rarely need lightroom classic.

I always struggled with the raw files as well, and the worms when sharpening, although they were not problematic when printing for the most part...
Do you mean to be able to bracket 3 custom profiles, like you can do with the film sims ?

I think this would be great as well, I know my xe1 can’t but haven’t checked on my xt4

I can’t see it being that difficult for Fuji to do. I am guessing their film sims are just their own custom profiles

Do you mean to be able to bracket 3 custom profiles, like you can do with the film sims ?

I think this would be great as well, I know my xe1 can’t but haven’t checked on my xt4

I can’t see it being that difficult for Fuji to do. I am guessing their film sims are just their own custom profiles

Sort of - I know it can bracket "film sims", but does it require multiple images to do so or can it take all 2,3,4 or whatever at once so there is no delay and only one photo in multiple styles?

I don't want "click click click - 3 jpegs" I was hoping it could do "click - 3 jpegs of the same image in different styles".

Other brands don't do this either. I don't think fuji film sims look much like film, but they are nice and they offer a decent amount of in camera configuration, so if it could bracket custom profiles from a single shot it could arguably replace my lightroom classic sub and I can go for the cheaper cloud option.

To be honest though, I'm massively loving my epl-7 and I think an xpro 2 or x pro 3 is in my future as a similar, but upgraded, experience. I tend to use the pana 20mm and the olympus 45mm lenses so there are excellent fuji equivalents but I'd get the wonderful rangefinder experience.

Sort of - I know it can bracket "film sims", but does it require multiple images to do so or can it take all 2,3,4 or whatever at once so there is no delay and only one photo in multiple styles?

I don't want "click click click - 3 jpegs" I was hoping it could do "click - 3 jpegs of the same image in different styles".

Other brands don't do this either. I don't think fuji film sims look much like film, but they are nice and they offer a decent amount of in camera configuration, so if it could bracket custom profiles from a single shot it could arguably replace my lightroom classic sub and I can go for the cheaper cloud option.

You click once and then it does then there is a pause as it process 3x the profiles and then stores them.

You can't do it with no delay unfortunately. You can however apply different styles to an image after you've shot it by pressing Q during playback.

It's not immediate, but it would get you one image in a number of styles SOOC.

You can't do it with no delay unfortunately. You can however apply different styles to an image after you've shot it by pressing Q during playback.

It's not immediate, but it would get you one image in a number of styles SOOC.
Am I missing something or does this only work with raw files ?

Please, we all had worms with early versions of the Fuji bodies, you just had to learn how to process them (and not oversharpen them). You can set up most Fuji bodies to take multiple shots in different JPG profiles. Personally, I never use JPGs, what's the point when you have all that data in the raw file?

You click once and then it does then there is a pause as it process 3x the profiles and then stores them.
Sweet. Xpro 2 is probably on my horizon then. I don't think I can afford an x pro 3, they're really holding value... I suppose I could consider an xe4 if I want a more modern body.

Please, we all had worms with early versions of the Fuji bodies, you just had to learn how to process them (and not oversharpen them). You can set up most Fuji bodies to take multiple shots in different JPG profiles. Personally, I never use JPGs, what's the point when you have all that data in the raw file?

I tried everything, and really struggled in some photos more than others. Like I say, it isn't actually a problem - files printed fine at viewing distance and it wouldn't put me off.

I usually shoot raw + jpeg. Where I can save space and time I'll tweak a jpeg, and save raws for when they're needed. I only take photos for me, after all :)

Sweet. Xpro 2 is probably on my horizon then. I don't think I can afford an x pro 3, they're really holding value... I suppose I could consider an xe4 if I want a more modern body.

I tried everything, and really struggled in some photos more than others. Like I say, it isn't actually a problem - files printed fine at viewing distance and it wouldn't put me off.

I usually shoot raw + jpeg. Where I can save space and time I'll tweak a jpeg, and save raws for when they're needed. I only take photos for me, after all :)

I don't know if it does that in the X-E4 or X-Pro3, you will have to look into it. The X-S10 doesn't have that feature but the X100VI does.

The pause isn't really much of a pause, but of course you will be in single shot mode.

I don't know if it does that in the X-E4 or X-Pro3, you will have to look into it. The X-S10 doesn't have that feature but the X100VI does.

The pause isn't really much of a pause, but of course you will be in single shot mode.
That's fine, i don't rattle off lots of shots anyway.

I would prefer the x pro anyway - it's prettier to look at :) and would be a big brother to my epl-7, which won't go anywhere.

Pretty tempting tbh.

You can stipulate collection only and payment by bank transfer on collection too, i've done it a few times and just wait for the 80% off fees offer, seems to be every other weekend at the moment. I sold a Leica Q3 this way, guy came and inspected, paid on the spot. I certainly wouldn't be posting it, I recently had a new member use buy it now on a drone hours after he joined so I just cancelled the deal, harsh maybe if they were genuine but i'm 99.9% sure it was a scammer.

I missed the Adobe Photography Plan discount on Amazon while deliberating about cameras and it went back up to £119 the other day, but then googled just now and got this link to the same product but listed differently on Amazon and currently only £80.99. Just purchased and redeemed fine - stacked onto existing plan that expired in May 2024.

Last edited:
You can stipulate collection only and payment by bank transfer on collection too, i've done it a few times and just wait for the 80% off fees offer, seems to be every other weekend at the moment. I sold a Leica Q3 this way, guy came and inspected, paid on the spot. I certainly wouldn't be posting it, I recently had a new member use buy it now on a drone hours after he joined so I just cancelled the deal, harsh maybe if they were genuine but i'm 99.9% sure it was a scammer.

Seems they have the 80% offer on this weekend, but when creating the listing I can tick cash on collection, but can't untick the "payment through ebay" option...

Do I just need to state it in the description? What happens if they ignore it and pay through ebay anyway? Can I cancel it without losing anything?

Seems they have the 80% offer on this weekend, but when creating the listing I can tick cash on collection, but can't untick the "payment through ebay" option...

Do I just need to state it in the description? What happens if they ignore it and pay through ebay anyway? Can I cancel it without losing anything?

Its changed now, the buyers gets sent a unique code if they pay through eBay and are colecting, the seller scans this code on collection, so that eBay knows the transaction has taken place. I was a buyer of a relatively high value item last week that was collection only, and I was initially concerned about paying through eBay (the only offered option) as 'what was to stop the seller saying the item had been collected or just disappearing from eBay, how I could I prove in the event of a dispute that I hadn't collected the item?' - but the code sorts all that out - if the seller can't scan the code (with his phone/ebay App) then the item hasn't been collected.

In the event everything went smoothly. (and no it wasnt photography related before @imattersuk gets too excited...........................

And yes you can cancel it, if the buyer has no intention of rocking up.....

Its changed now, the buyers gets sent a unique code if they pay through eBay and are colecting, the seller scans this code on collection, so that eBay knows the transaction has taken place. I was a buyer of a relatively high value item last week that was collection only, and I was initially concerned about paying through eBay (the only offered option) as 'what was to stop the seller saying the item had been collected or just disappearing from eBay, how I could I prove in the event of a dispute that I hadn't collected the item?' - but the code sorts all that out - if the seller can't scan the code (with his phone/ebay App) then the item hasn't been collected.

In the event everything went smoothly. (and no it wasnt photography related before @imattersuk gets too excited...........................

My concerns are the other way around though - What's to stop them getting home then saying "The item doesn't work" or whatever and going for a refund, or does collection in person mean ebay will just say "tough, you should have checked it first"?

My concerns are the other way around though - What's to stop them getting home then saying "The item doesn't work" or whatever and going for a refund, or does collection in person mean ebay will just say "tough, you should have checked it first"?

When I collected the guitar, I paid in cash after checking it over. I did remember scanning the code but the seller “cancelled” the sale! Guess he didn’t pay the fees if he did that lol I don’t know how he did that though…

But I got what I wanted and he got paid.

What I would do as a seller is I would never accept PayPal if collect in person. With no proof of postage you are stuck. You could video the entire sales transaction I guess to cover your bum

Just state in bold "Payment By Bank Transfer on Collection Only No Exceptions", you can't exchange address, tel. no etc via ebay message though they will block it if it hasn't been paid for through their system so I usually give them my insta or facebook details and then message that way

In the event everything went smoothly. (and no it wasnt photography related before [B]@imattersuk gets too excited.[/B]..........................

Not really interested in hearing about your newly acquired Japanese robot girlfriend sir.......... ;) :ROFLMAO:

When I collected the guitar, I paid in cash after checking it over. I did remember scanning the code but the seller “cancelled” the sale! Guess he didn’t pay the fees if he did that lol I don’t know how he did that though…

But I got what I wanted and he got paid.

What I would do as a seller is I would never accept PayPal if collect in person. With no proof of postage you are stuck. You could video the entire sales transaction I guess to cover your bum
That’s what the code is for!

Has anyone on here got the Viltrox 23mm F/1.4? I’ve got the 13mm and I really like it… I want something a bit wider than my 35mm, and the Viltrox is £50 cheaper than a used Fuji lens.

Back