The Food, Cooking and Cuisine Thread

I love a good curry, just not a hot one. The chili numbs my tongue, and I find it uncomfortable. Or I am just a wimp. :)

I still say shop bought curries are lazy. Here, try these and let me know how you get on.

:D

A "what have we got in?" lunch today (shopping due later this afternoon)

Leek, courgette celery & carrots

So soup it was. Added some garlic & turmeric and it was delicious. made enough to freeze as well. :)

A "what have we got in?" lunch today (shopping due later this afternoon)

Leek, courgette celery & carrots

So soup it was. Added some garlic & turmeric and it was delicious. made enough to freeze as well. :)
Don't give me any of that, I would be blowing off for days. :mooning: :)

Having chunky chips and honey glazed chops, all ingredients already done. Can't wait. :)

Tonight was ribeye steak with a peppercorns sauce (Sainsburys), spicy oven cooked chips (medium/chunky Maris Piper spuds in sunflower oil, salt, hot madras curry powder, onion seeds and crushed garlic), and green beans - lovely!
My esteemed better half said that they were possibly the best chips she had ever tasted.
We have steak once a month and it is a real treat - washed down with a nice Cru Cotes du Rhone Cairanne from Asda @£6.50 - excellent value and as good as a cheap Chateaneuf du Pape IMHO.

Tonight was ribeye steak with a peppercorns sauce (Sainsburys), spicy oven cooked chips (medium/chunky Maris Piper spuds in sunflower oil, salt, hot madras curry powder, onion seeds and crushed garlic), and green beans - lovely!
My esteemed better half said that they were possibly the best chips she had ever tasted.
We have steak once a month and it is a real treat - washed down with a nice Cru Cotes du Rhone Cairanne from Asda @£6.50 - excellent value and as good as a cheap Chateaneuf du Pape IMHO.
Woke up hungry at 2am, could not sleep so came on here. Still very hungry and just read your post. Feel even more hungry now... :mad:
Your meal sounded really nice. Oh well, off to supress the hunger with a biscuit. :)

Last edited:
Got a bit chefy this evening. Smoked haddock poached in milk served on crushed new potatoes and courgette spaghetti with a lemon & tarragon butter sauce.

I think BBQ wings and hot and spicy wings are on the menu tonight. With some chunky chips, and dipping sauce. Had it the other day, it was so nice, decided to have it again.

Boudin noir? :D

Christmas week, time to revive this thread.

Made French Onion Soup this evening. Really enjoyed it.

For those NOT having turkey on Tuesday, what will you Christmas dinner be?

Roast leg of lamb.

Having it today as well, due to a branefart by me - I studded the original bit with garlic and rosemary yesterday morning but thought (at 2 am last night...) that maybe 3 days of potential pathogen growth might not do the MiL much good - if it was just me, I'd risk it but at 89, I'd rather not be responsible for any problems it might cause her! Will do the new joint tomorrow evening.

Had a Christmas dinner yesterday, as I am sure most of the nation did. Got another one tonight, and not really looking forward to it. Funny, only have it twice a year, but it is too over facing. Relatives had a curry, while others had Lamb or Beef. :confused:

Had a lovely (food) day yesterday. A brunch which consisted of a good old fry up (the only day of the year I do it), including local Brickhill black bacon which is the best I've ever had! Dinner was lamb rumps served with parmesan roast potatoes, roasted carrots and pigs in blankets.

Today's lunch was a baked camembert and tonight's dinner will be a curry utilising the rest of the lamb.

Had a Christmas dinner yesterday, as I am sure most of the nation did. Got another one tonight, and not really looking forward to it. Funny, only have it twice a year, but it is too over facing. Relatives had a curry, while others had Lamb or Beef. :confused:

TBH, I've never understood the need to eat more than you actually want for any meal, it's eating just for the sake of it. Combine that with stuffing your face with chocolate, mince pies etc between meals! :eek:

TBH, I've never understood the need to eat more than you actually want for any meal, it's eating just for the sake of it. Combine that with stuffing your face with chocolate, mince pies etc between meals! :eek:

Deffo on small portions today. ;)

Was treated to my Christmas meal last night by wonderful folk across the road - Turkey , ham , 2 varieties of stuffing, pigs in blankets, roasties, broccoli, French beans [ whole] carrots baby potatoes. None of us had room for any Christmas pud etc after that.

Tonight will be having a lamburger with mint jelly and some chips :)

I bought a new wok.

I went for a traditional steel, non non-stick one. My last one was a non-stick one.

I burned it in and seasoned it carefully and thoroughly.

My stir frys are utterly transformed. Wonderful.

I did my version of a Keema Matar tonight and it was delicious although Mrs F found it too spicy and left half of hers which was a shame.

Not necessarily - all the more for you!!! :D

Not necessarily - all the more for you!!! :D

Well yes, there's some in the freezer for when she's away in a couple of weeks. Should've matured nicely by then! :wideyed:

Paper in the fridge?

Tonight's stir fry sauce and marinade for finely sliced rump steak

2 cloves crushed garlic.
Equal amount grated fresh ginger.
1/4 teaspoon very lazy chili
2 tablespoons dark soy
2 tablespoons mirin
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
Ground black pepper.

Tonight's stir fry sauce and marinade for finely sliced rump steak

2 cloves crushed garlic.
Equal amount grated fresh ginger.
1/4 teaspoon very lazy chili
2 tablespoons dark soy
2 tablespoons mirin
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
Ground black pepper.

Very nice

Cheated tonight and picked up some fish & chips from M&S on the way home from work. Made my own curry sauce though.

Cheated tonight and picked up some fish & chips from M&S on the way home from work. Made my own curry sauce though.
:oops: :$

Back