The Football Thread - Season 2012/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rooney and Phil Jones fighting in training - stitches needed - for Rooney

Should make for an interesting team selection today.

Rooney and Phil Jones fighting in training - stitches needed - for Rooney

Should make for an interesting team selection today.

Supposedly, yet there's still no photos of said injury.

I wonder what face Jones pulls in a fight? :LOL:

There will only be photos if anyone had a camera with them.

And the amount of cameras and fans around every training session means there's usually pictures of these things flying around within minutes.

Of course, if it comes from your source we can all take comfort in the fact it's probably true ;)

I'm not saying it didn't happen, just that it's unusual not to see photos of the damage pretty quickly afterwards!

I'm not saying it didn't happen, just that it's unusual not to see photos of the damage pretty quickly afterwards!

Carrington is pretty secure. I'm not saying it's impossible but it's rare you see tittle tattle shots from United's training.

City have a public footpath alongside theirs hence all the stuff you see in the press.

Last edited:
What a finish to a game....de ja vu of Brentford v Doncaster in their last game of the regular season

Trademark Charlie Adam there. Shame, if he was Scholes he'd have been forgiven at least 3 more of those before the 2nd yellow came out!

Speaking of Scholes - He retires (again) today, so expect a 'miss timed' tackle or two lol

Last edited:
Speaking of Scholes - He retires (again) today, so expect a 'miss timed' tackle or two lol

:LOL: I'm sure he'll want to go out with blood on his studs!

No Rooney in the united team. Interesting!

Last edited:
I've a cheeky wee bottle to toast old red nose
8731996576_b636198817_z.jpg

Hoping for a Swansea win. It would make me chuckle if fergie a last game at home ended in a loss.

that was a shame, I thought swansea deserved to win that and would have brought a nice smile to my face.

But a hat trick for sturridge and two assists for my FF team will help make up for it (y)

Well that was all very emotional. I think I felt a man tear well at one point.

Last edited:
Last home game, another defeat, 4 wins all season, can't see that improving at Anfield for the last match.

One a more positive note, season ticket is £150 less for next season, for more matches and probably more enjoyable. It's got me thinking again.

No results going for Wigan today really, they have to win at Arsenal - tough ask but West Ham did it at Man Utd as we all know.

Will be odd next year with no Fergie, can't wait to see how Moyes does.

Will be odd next year with no Fergie, can't wait to see how Moyes does.

Same here.

It was a fantastic day today and I'm really pleased that Fergie made a point of highlighting the fact that he was given the time and we should do the same with 'our' new Manager.(y)

I sort of heard that as "he'll be nowhere near as good as me so you'll have to give him time" :D

Fergie knows that there are a lot of younger fans who won't know anything other than success.

Gary Neville summed it up when he said he grew up at a bitter and angry Old Trafford.

I had a horrible footy childhood and that 26 years still sticks in my mind. Liverpool are nearing that number and whilst I make fun I can understand why Joe and co are the way they are. Thank God we didn't have the interweb 20 or 30 years ago.

"A bitter and angry Old Trafford"

Lucky he never went to Edgar Street then!

Been there a few times including United in 1990

I used to travel down the A49 / 465 (en route to Swansea) as a kid and was always excited to see the ground as as we passed by.

I liked how at the end of the united game, the fans, having just seen their long serving manager's last game at old trafford and their team winning the league were singing about Liverpool rather than their manager or their own team :)

Good result for the proper Reds today though ;) We're really missing Lil' Biter!

Been there a few times including United in 1990

I used to travel down the A49 / 465 (en route to Swansea) as a kid and was always excited to see the ground as as we passed by.

Ah yes, I remember that game, a 1-0 win for the bigger United team, the grounds not changed, not that I get there much now since moving away.
Tough times for them at the moment, as for many many smaller teams :(

I liked how at the end of the united game, the fans were singing about Liverpool rather than their manager or their own team

it does bug me how many chants are aimed at winding up city and liverpool, but in this instance it was in recognition of Fergie achieving what he'd set out to do; knock liverpool off that perch ;)

I liked how at the end of the united game, the fans, having just seen their long serving manager's last game at old trafford and their team winning the league were singing about Liverpool rather than their manager or their own team :)

I think just about every song was sung to be fair. Plenty of City and Liverpool songs (as there always is) but there was some relevance to them yesterday. Other fans would do the same.

:shake:

Stay classy Man U fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back