The Football Thread - Season 2012/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
We may see 'progress' LOL

Joking aside - Every non Liverpool fan rubbed their hands when Kenny came back as he was always a disaster waiting to happen.

Rogers is certainly a step in the right direction and providing he's given the time should be a big hit with the forward thinking fans.

Depenss how the loan works. The FA may insist he has to play some games, or the loan period must cover a period where he is available to play which might build his match fitness up. If we could get away with it I'm sure we'd recall straight away. Let's see what happens

well I hope the FA refuse the loan, I think it's ridiculous that you can get around a ban this way

well I hope the FA refuse the loan, I think it's ridiculous that you can get around a ban this way

The FA are at fault for leaving 'loopholes'.

I want to see Barton back playing ASAP so he can do something stupid again and get a permaban.

Liverpool have agreed to sign Swansea's Joe Allen for £13.5m. I like what Rogers is doing with Liverpool. We should see some good football from them compared to how Dalglish had them playing! It is a lot to pay though, especially given how many options there are in the middle already.

source?

I know they have put in a bid but where have you seen that he has been signed?

Portsmouth look in real trouble - certainly winding the screw on the remaining pros at the club. Even if they are not closed down can't see them staying up this year, and possibly next. Could fall harder than Leeds did.

joescrivens said:
source?

I know they have put in a bid but where have you seen that he has been signed?

I think it was goal.com if remember correctly.

ok i see it there too, seems like it's not been confirmed yet though officially.

I s'pose Joe Allen is the greatest thing since sliced bread?.......

What happened to Liverpool so called 'good' team last year?

Football fans are unbelievably fickle in this thread.

Only Chelsea and QPR look like they have strengthened so far.

liverpool last year on paper looked like they would do great. But it just didn't seem to gel.

Let's hope this year is more successful.

Do we have to?

you just have to hope you don't have as dissapointing a season by uniteds standards as last year and try and actually win something!

I wonder what odds you would get on united not winning a trophey again, I might investigate!

you just have to hope you don't have as dissapointing a season by uniteds standards as last year and try and actually win something!

I wonder what odds you would get on united not winning a trophey again, I might investigate!

We won the Community shield know all........

I take umbrage with the dig at how Liverpool played last season. Until Lucas was injured we were scintillating (Spurs apart) but denied by several rediculously good keeping displays. That soon became a crisis of confidence I'll admit, but overall our play was good.

I do, however, think Rodgers is a better long term man than Kenny.

Us untied fans have to get our digs in quick this year as we all know things could and probably will go pear shaped for a bit when the big feller finishes, so I say Liverpool are still only going to reach 6th at best in the coming season.

I bet you count the league cup though which is the next one up so to speak....

like you say, it's the next one up, for all that's lame about it (and my feelings are well known about how poor a competition it is), at least it actually is a cup.

Us untied fans have to get our digs in quick this year as we all know things could and probably will go pear shaped for a bit when the big feller finishes, so I say Liverpool are still only going to reach 6th at best in the coming season.

untied fans, i like that!!

I'm going to use that one!

Last edited:
He's very polite in person too. You wouldn't think it was the same bloke. ;)

BREAKING: Swansea want £15 million for midfielder Joe Allen, however Liverpool have responded and would like to pay £30 million for him.

scintillating

Oh come on - don't be silly.

Red specs would have seen performances > results but everybody plays that card - it doesn't mean anything.

Liverpool were poor from start to finish.

Last edited:
dinners said:

Red specs would have seen performances > results but everybody plays that card - it doesn't mean anything.

Utter nonsense.

As someone who watched all but two Liverpool games last season (did you?) with the critical eye of a fan who desperately wants us to play proper football I will say that we played badly in roughly 7 games and average to good in another 7. The rest we played some brilliant stuff and either finished poorly or were denied by the woodwork of exceptional keeping. It happens and I'm not complaining about it. I'm just taking issue with people thinking they have any idea about something when all they've seen is a few games and highlights.

The stats for chances created, possession and time in oppositions half backs this up. Goals per chance created was the issue.

Last edited:

you've said some silly things in your time phil, but this takes the biscuit.

up to january we had 9 wins 7 draws and ony 3 losses half way through the season they were only 8 points of 4th place. It was the second half of the season where it started to go wrong.

We were scintilating when we beat everton 3-0 and when we beat chelsea 4-1 and you've clearly forgotten this liitle piece of play which made your defence look ameaturish at best

[YOUTUBE]0Lal_QLrmSo[/YOUTUBE]

you've clearly forgotten this liitle piece of play which made your defence look ameaturish at best

Yep - I'd forgotten. Which was kind of my point.

I'm not denying there were some good moments but so there should be. It was the use of the word 'scintillating' that amused me.

Yep - I'd forgotten. Which was kind of my point.

I'm not denying there were some good moments but so there should be. It was the use of the word 'scintillating' that amused me.

you took that word out of context from dean. What he said was

"Until Lucas was injured we were scintillating (Spurs apart)"

During that run before lucas got injured in novemeber our only bad game (performance wise) was losing 4-0 to spurs, even the 1-0 loss to stoke should have been our win, we had other bad results like drawing with norwich and swansea, but the play was good. In that time we played some superb football - beat chelsea twice, drew against city and united and generally had some really attractive football. The results didn't go our way at all times in that period but if you had watched the games you would never have predicted the downfall that came after lucas went out. At that time we were looking good for a CL spot.

you took that word out of context from dean. What he said was

"Until Lucas was injured we were scintillating (Spurs apart)"

During that run before lucas got injured in novemeber our only bad game (performance wise) was losing 4-0 to spurs, even the 1-0 loss to stoke should have been our win, we had other bad results like drawing with norwich and swansea, but the play was good. In that time we played some superb football - beat chelsea twice, drew against city and united and generally had some really attractive football. The results didn't go our way at all times in that period but if you had watched the games you would never have predicted the downfall that came after lucas went out. At that time we were looking good for a CL spot.

Have you got a Mickey Quinn duvet set?

Have you got a Mickey Quinn duvet set?

here's my duvet set

Thundercats-Bedding-Set_1340287044.jpg

There's a lot more people here at old Trafford than I expected. What a dump by the way :D They didn't even have any real ale in the pub near the ground.

Funny that the mancunians all wanted UAE to win the first game purely because of Suarez. Lol

There's a lot more people here at old Trafford than I expected. What a dump by the way :D They didn't even have any real ale in the pub near the ground.

Funny that the mancunians all wanted UAE to win the first game purely because of Suarez. Lol

I hope you wiped your feet on the way in Joe ;)

Joking aside - I forgot this was on. Where are you sat ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back