The Formula 1 / IndyCar Thread

Lewis says he is not 100% fit after the covoids hence third on the grid
He should have stopped away till he was better its no good pushing yourself after the covids you can end up with long covid
If he isn't 100% he'd have been better sitting it out. Maybe he didn't want RUS proving his skills again..

With merc being one two in the drivers championship whats the betting Bottas keeps his seat
Lewis will race next year to get over 100 wins and probably the 8th championship then leave the sport to spread his money around the underprivalidged bame diverse and green enterprises
Russel will then take over

Outstanding acheivement beating some newbies!

I'll reserve judgement until next season but I doubt he will be.

Posting faster times than ocon & ricardo means nothing - different day, different conditions, lots of rubber on circuit from GP......

Don't rate him, he is a hasbeen and i'm sure renault wish they could have chosen Perez.

Last edited:
Outstanding acheivement beating some newbies!

I'll reserve judgement until next season but I doubt he will be.

Posting faster times than ocon & ricardo means nothing - different day, different conditions, lots of rubber on circuit from GP......

Don't rate him, he is a hasbeen and i'm sure renault wish they could have chosen Perez.

Go away Fraser. You poison every thread you post in.

Go away Fraser. You poison every thread you post in.

Give it a rest!

You need to stop your love affair with Alonso - he hasn't done anything since leaving teams that were cheats.

Well apart from winning Le Mans twice, and the WEC.

Yep, 'has beens' normally go onto endurance racing.

Did FA drive the full 24hrs at Le Mans?

Do you honestly think he is a better bet than Perez?

Anyway..........time will tell.

It's an odd one, just goes to show that sometimes things can come good when it looks really bad. I rate Perez and am really pleased he has got the Red Bull drive. He's gone from being out of F1, to being in possibly the second best car.

Good to see, I feel for Albon but it's tough at the top. I look forward to Sergio giving Max a run for his money, and possibly the Mercs too.

Looks like changes at the Mercedes F1 team with Mercedes selling some of their stake to Ineos and Toto Wolff.

Mercedes: Chemical giant Ineos to become a one-third shareholder in Formula 1 team - BBC Sport
Wolfe already owns part of it. He owned part of Williams before taking up the Mercedes job and taking a stake was part of the deal. Im guessing owning part of Williams would of been a conflict of interest so a deal was done to allow continued ownership part ownership of an f1 team

Lewis has to take the knee in front of a white woman with historic links to slavery
Should be worth watching

Last edited:
dont think thats a great looking livery, Mercedes has aced the black livery last year, the Genii black and gold was better. A flat black like the red of Ferrari of blue of Redbull would of looked better.

dont think thats a great looking livery, Mercedes has aced the black livery last year, the Genii black and gold was better. A flat black like the red of Ferrari of blue of Redbull would of looked better.

I think it’s an interim livery.

I just saw this photo of Ayrton Senna testing a Penske IndyCar.

IndyCars of that generation were the most beautiful machines. Why can’t single seaters look like that now...

IMG_0182.JPG

Well after the disappointment that Ferrari won’t be developing an IndyCar engine, this news lands:

To me as a follower of endurance racing for decades, this is more exciting than Indycar. It has been a long time since Ferrari have been in the top tier of endurance racing. With Porsche and Audi announcing for LMDh, just need Ford to announce a program and 2023 WEC has the potential to be an amazing championship..

I just looked on my Sky account to look at offers. I see that they are currently asking £18 a month for Sky Sports F1. That’s expensive. I’ll wait to see if an offer pops up before the season starts.

Just been announced, Murray Walker has sadly died.

RIP

Just been announced, Murray Walker has sadly died.

RIP

A sad day for motorsport.

My favourite Murray Walker moment: His commentary on a rally cross competition I was watching, when he says "That's the great thing about being in front, no mud being thrown up, so you can see where you're going". And then the car goes straight into a bank and ends up in it's side :LOL: :LOL:

A sad day for motorsport.

My favourite Murray Walker moment: His commentary on a rally cross competition I was watching, when he says "That's the great thing about being in front, no mud being thrown up, so you can see where you're going". And then the car goes straight into a bank and ends up in it's side :LOL: :LOL:

Haha that sounds typical.

Back