The GAS confessional - all who suffer are welcome. :)

For a while I've been thinking about digitizing my old film negatives but couldn't really justify the expense of buying a scanner to do the job, until I came across a Plustek film scanner up for auction on fleabay. It gave me the idea that if I won it cheaply enough I could use it to scan my negaitives and then could sell it on.... Surprisingly I won it within the budget I set myself. Now just awaiting delivery. Hopefully I'll be able to get back what I paid for it if I decide to sell it on, but having just retired it will give me something to do for a while.....

It might even tempt me to dig my Nikon F75 out of retirement and fire off a few shots with it....

So the beast has arrived, damn this thing is big, but, it isn't half as heavy as I expected it to be, which is why I stumped up the extra cash to go for the MK III rather than the heavier MK II which is over 1KG heavier I think.
Pic taken alongside the RF 100-500mm for scale :)
If the rain holds off I'll go to the foxes tomorrow morning and try it out.
Also got the 1.4 extender which will give me 560mm at f4.
2022-05-31 13.17.59.jpg
2022-05-31 13.17.11.jpg
2022-05-31 13.18.39.jpg

I have the urge to buy a Leica Q2 Monochrom but the saving grace is they seem to be rare as hens teeth but do I really need one when I own a Fujifilm X-Pro 2?

Not that I'm much help but there are 9 in a MPB at the moment :)

I think you should go and sit on the naughty step for that one. It does make me wonder why so many tho.

I have wondered about that as well. I think it might be down to reviews giving it a glowing recommendation and if you're after a digital, black and white ONLY machine then, yes it might be the machine for you. However I think once people get it they find it to restrictive or simply they are not Cartier Bresson and sell it.

I like the Leica Q series a lot and can see why, for some, the Leica Monochrome cameras are so attractive.

Personally I would get a colour one :)

I needed a new bag for my Z5 and 14-30 and 24-70 lenses, the Hadley Small I've got that I bought for my Z50 is just too small to hold the larger lenses, luckily SRS in Watford had a great price on a Billingham Hadley Pro 2020, so it followed me home...

Attachments

• 20220530_111446.jpg
    20220530_111446.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 6
After years of on and off use of a Jessops Circular Polarizer of questionable quality, Iv'e just treated myself to a Urth Pro+ Circular Polariser.

£46 On Amazon, but free to me as Vodafone gave me a £50 Amazon gift card for moving my broadband to them... Bargain.

Somebody stop me.....

In my defence, I've been trying to find a F-501 in this condition for more years than I can remember, it's boxed with the original instructions, doesn't look like it's actually been used.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220608-220046_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20220608-220046_eBay.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20220608-220107_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20220608-220107_eBay.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20220608-220034_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20220608-220034_eBay.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20220608-220005_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20220608-220005_eBay.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20220608-215948_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20220608-215948_eBay.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20220608-215932_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20220608-215932_eBay.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20220608-215919_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20220608-215919_eBay.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20220608-215857_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20220608-215857_eBay.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 4
Forgive me father for I have sinned, it has been two lenses and some accessories since my last confession. A couple of filters, a Lee adapter, a zoom lens and a .. a ... a fisheye!!!

OH THE HORROR, WILL I NEVER LEARN ...

Forgive me father for I have sinned, it has been two lenses and some accessories since my last confession. A couple of filters, a Lee adapter, a zoom lens and a .. a ... a fisheye!!!

OH THE HORROR, WILL I NEVER LEARN ...
I think you know the answer to that!

Thirty (count 'em) aftermarket eyecup Eb. Search my username and "eyecup" and you'll see that in the last 35-40 years of owning a camera I'd never lost one until about 3 years ago now seem to lose them at the rate of about one every 3 months. Original manufacturer's part = £8 each or aftermarket 30 delivered for a tenner.

I seem to have developed a fixation with the Nikon 300 PF lens, I can't afford it, don't really need it - and yet I spend far to long thinking about it - should I seek some sort of help !

• Haha
Reactions: Sky
Somehow got into my head that I want to swap my X-T2 and lenses for a Leica CL and lenses :hungover:

For a while I've been thinking about digitizing my old film negatives but couldn't really justify the expense of buying a scanner to do the job, until I came across a Plustek film scanner up for auction on fleabay. It gave me the idea that if I won it cheaply enough I could use it to scan my negaitives and then could sell it on.... Surprisingly I won it within the budget I set myself. Now just awaiting delivery. Hopefully I'll be able to get back what I paid for it if I decide to sell it on, but having just retired it will give me something to do for a while.....

It might even tempt me to dig my Nikon F75 out of retirement and fire off a few shots with it....
I did just that. Bought a Plustek (from tp forum no less!) and scanned them in. Took a while but got into a good routine to do it. I then sold it on at the same price I paid. Now I wish I'd kept the plustek as they seem to have gone up in price and I'd like to scan some new film I've taken.

The addiction strikes again!!! Been on the lookout for a mint low shutter count Nikon D700 for quite a while. Missed out on a good one just before last Xmas thanks to pondering for too long before deciding to pull the trigger.... Well I've finally pulled the trigger on one with a shutter count of under 2K before someone beat me to it!!!

So many things, and in roughly order of need. as opposed to want.

New Apple Studio computer (Base version) to replace my 10 year old iMac 27"
New iPhone to replace my XR
New Macbook to replace my 2018 MBP
A new desk
New Herman Miller Chair
Microphone
Webcam
Audio Interface
Sony ZV-E10
Sony A7IV
New NAS with more HDD
Sony 50GM

Anyone have £15k spare?

Chair acquired

ZzawRpm.jpg

I seem to have developed a fixation with the Nikon 300 PF lens, I can't afford it, don't really need it - and yet I spend far to long thinking about it - should I seek some sort of help !
You need retail therapy. :D

It never does any good to bottle these things up. ;)

So the beast has arrived, damn this thing is big, but, it isn't half as heavy as I expected it to be, which is why I stumped up the extra cash to go for the MK III rather than the heavier MK II which is over 1KG heavier I think.
Pic taken alongside the RF 100-500mm for scale :)
If the rain holds off I'll go to the foxes tomorrow morning and try it out.
Also got the 1.4 extender which will give me 560mm at f4.
View attachment 355536
View attachment 355537
View attachment 355538

Are you pleased with them? Do you use them mainly for bird/wildlife?

I'm severely in need of help!!! After acquiring my D700 for some strange reason I started looking to see if there were any low shutter count Nikon D70 on the market.... Came across a mint boxed one with a mere 1276 shots...... and now it's in my possession.. My first DSLR was a D70 and it cost a hell of a lot more than what I paid for my latest acquisition!!!

I'm severely in need of help!!! After acquiring my D700 for some strange reason I started looking to see if there were any low shutter count Nikon D70 on the market.... Came across a mint boxed one with a mere 1276 shots...... and now it's in my possession.. My first DSLR was a D70 and it cost a hell of a lot more than what I paid for my latest acquisition!!!
I think you have a variant: nostalgia gas!

Just purchased a Sigma 30mm f 1.4 to pair with my Sony a6000. The plan is to take this on holiday with me as I dont want to carry a load of heavy gear...and im sticking to that excuse :)

I'm fortunate enough to own an A7R4 with a selection of nice lenses, and an X100V. I don't need an X-Pro3 and a 35 1.4. I really, really don't..... do I?

I'm fortunate enough to own an A7R4 with a selection of nice lenses, and an X100V. I don't need an X-Pro3 and a 35 1.4. I really, really don't..... do I?
The X100V is a better camera for many reasons and you'd end up strapping bigger lenses to the XPro at some point just because you can, it's what we do :ROFLMAO:

Forgive me, for I have sinned... Seriously. I've got all the gear I need. All the gear I want. But last night I found myself on eBay. And saw what looks to be a pristine Billingham 555 in black canvas with tan trim with a reasonable 'Buy It Now'. The bids were low with a day and a bit to go. But.... 'Buy It Now'!

I've a bit of a thing for Billingham bags. I used to joke my wife had a thing for handbags until she looked up the list price of my Billinghams. I keep quiet these days.

The largest bag I have to date is a 335. I can cram all I ever need into that for a weekend's shooting. It weighs a tonne. Makes her shoulder ache... apparently.

So, here's my predicament, do any of you think she'll buy into it being my 'weekend bag with some room for a few bits of camera stuff'?

Forgive me, for I have sinned... Seriously. I've got all the gear I need. All the gear I want. But last night I found myself on eBay. And saw what looks to be a pristine Billingham 555 in black canvas with tan trim with a reasonable 'Buy It Now'. The bids were low with a day and a bit to go. But.... 'Buy It Now'!

I've a bit of a thing for Billingham bags. I used to joke my wife had a thing for handbags until she looked up the list price of my Billinghams. I keep quiet these days.

The largest bag I have to date is a 335. I can cram all I ever need into that for a weekend's shooting. It weighs a tonne. Makes her shoulder ache... apparently.

So, here's my predicament, do any of you think she'll buy into it being my 'weekend bag with some room for a few bits of camera stuff'?
Nope! I think you are 'toast'......:runaway::wave::bat::cautious::LOL::angelic:

Back