The GAS confessional - all who suffer are welcome. :)

@soupdragon...There is no such thing as deceleration.
negative rate of change..?

if you dont have them then....i envy you... perhaps
wish i was that free with my ££ budgetary thoughts...
brought up poor i guess where everything had to pass the "wasting money test"
the angst here is when you are a real earner and can have most things...they dont seem so desirable/ something else might be needed in their place...it all comes down to disposable earnings i guess...
whatever they are
:D
;)

Last edited:
@soupdragondisposable earnings i guess...
whatever they are
;)

They're what non-parents tend to have.

That and fewer grey hairs. And more hair. So, why am I grey and balding? :(

I have to confess I have a canon 70-200 f4l that is perfectly adequate for what I need but have seen people using 70-200 f2.8l is lenses and it was obvious I needed one so this week one magically appeared on my doorstep. ‍

@soupdragon...There is no such thing as deceleration.
negative rate of change..?

if you dont have them then....i envy you... perhaps
wish i was that free with my ££ budgetary thoughts...
brought up poor i guess where everything had to pass the "wasting money test"
the angst here is when you are a real earner and can have most things...they dont seem so desirable/ something else might be needed in their place...it all comes down to disposable earnings i guess...
whatever they are
;)

It's just a change in direction of acceleration.

Maybe it will kickstart your photography again. Just taking the trip off my 5D4 made a difference.

More necessity than GAS but just bought a new MP3 player - the 2 Crapple things have both died (assuming dead batteries) and we want/need something for the plane and beach. Thank you, Richer sounds!

In the last fortnight I've gone for a Sony A7ii, an full spectrum conversion for it (just completed) & a Techart pro & adapters to fit on the front. As well as another Toyo monorail....
That comes to more than a normal years photo spending, and doesn't actually include any lenses!

I wonder how long I can hold out before I get a native FE mount lens :eek:

I've had my X-T20 for 12 months now with just the 18-55 f2.8-4, this has been fine but I'm missing the nice prime lens and telephoto I had when I used Nikon, so after weeks of thinking and comparing, I've decided to treat myself.

Ordered a Fuji 27mm f2.8 and 50-230 from E-Infinity, for £270 for both I couldn't really say no.

I just hope the postman comes before the wife gets home from work!

I only just got round to registering on the Canon Professional Service site.. when I put everything that I own in, it turns out I'm nearly in Platinum level - that's normal, right? :D

I've just realised that I can't think of anything else I want! :runaway: :runaway: :runaway:

It's just a change in direction of acceleration.
hmm
sounds like pendulum vectors..change of direction etc
wish i had studied art instead

Last edited:
Forgive me checkout for I have sinned.

I borrowed a Canon 17-40mm lens and found it to be very good but I stumbled ( wasn’t looking at all, honest! ) on a 16-35mm F4 IS at a really good price, you know the rest .....

How long must I stand in the corner?

Last edited:

I borrowed a Canon 17-40mm lens and found it to be very good but I stumbled ( wasn’t looking at all, honest! ) on a 16-35mm F4 IS at a really good price, you know the rest .....

Until you fully appreciate just how sharp that corner is, as that's what seems to matter to some landscape photographers! ;)

Last edited:

You are forgiven because I stumbled upon one of those at an insanely good price too last year...

My Fuji X100F ended up in the sea which is still there, so put in an order for the Sony RX100M3 so just have to wait now.

That's really unfortunate! A case for using a strap right there. I rarely ever do, but if I'm traveling I will use one - for one it makes things a little tougher for potential thieves. But in general I don't use one.

Thinking of getting the Fuji XF16-55mm f2.8 :cool:

Just bought one this morning myself, got a bit of a cracking random deal on MPB on one in excellent condition. Couldn't pass it up, had been saving on side for the 16mm 1.4, but this will do nicely instead :)

Got a quote for some gear from MPB last night. I was trying to cull the herd. Now I can't decide what to add to it with the dosh. :banghead:

That's really unfortunate! A case for using a strap right there. I rarely ever do, but if I'm traveling I will use one - for one it makes things a little tougher for potential thieves. But in general I don't use one.

Just bought one this morning myself, got a bit of a cracking random deal on MPB on one in excellent condition. Couldn't pass it up, had been saving on side for the 16mm 1.4, but this will do nicely instead :)

My X100f went flying when some fool ran right in to me just before I put it round my wrist, did not even say sorry.

My X100f went flying when some fool ran right in to me just before I put it round my wrist, did not even say sorry.

I'd have taken his details, wouldn't be about to let him away with it! You'd probably get no good of it anyway, but that really sucks :/

I'd have taken his details, wouldn't be about to let him away with it! You'd probably get no good of it anyway, but that really sucks :/

I gave him a right mouth full as he ran off, just so glad my Home insurance covers it. So I`m waiting to pick up my new XF16-55mm and the RX100 III in a couple of days.

Feeling a gfx100 calling, should arrive in the local shop to test drive any day. Anyone taken the plunge?

Forgive med GAS for I have sinned, it's been more than a month since I last bought anything camera related:LOL:

Forgive med GAS for I have sinned, it's been more than a month since I last bought anything camera related:LOL:

For your devotion to the cause, you are awarded a summer break and may resume Gear Acquisition in August.

It's alright I've made up for you.
In the last month, 2 cameras - a full spectrum converted A7ii & a second Toyo 4x5 monorail - as well as a selection of adapters/extras for each of them, Then there's quite a range of lighting bits too. Considerably more in the last month than in the whole of the previous year.

I feel GAS coming on, anyone know a good way to stop me trading in all my gear for something else?

Do the maths!!!

I feel GAS coming on, anyone know a good way to stop me trading in all my gear for something else?
I agree with Nod! I don't know how much gear you have or how old it is and what it doesn't do for you that you think you might get with something else but, if it is a a complete [ish ;)] system, then it will cost you a significant amount to change - and it will feel different and maybe not your cup of tea - especially if you have been with your current brand for a long time. Perhaps write the list out, the price each item cost you, what you might get for it on here and then how much it would cost to get back to the same system. Unless, of course, you fancy going from DSLR and many zooms/ primes, to a single body or a prime lens.... What do you have and what is it that you have your eye on?

I agree with Nod! I don't know how much gear you have or how old it is and what it doesn't do for you that you think you might get with something else but, if it is a a complete [ish ;)] system, then it will cost you a significant amount to change - and it will feel different and maybe not your cup of tea - especially if you have been with your current brand for a long time. Perhaps write the list out, the price each item cost you, what you might get for it on here and then how much it would cost to get back to the same system. Unless, of course, you fancy going from DSLR and many zooms/ primes, to a single body or a prime lens.... What do you have and what is it that you have your eye on?

I have a Panasonic G80, 12-60 kit lens, 25mm f1.7 prime, Olympus 60mm macro and a Samyang 7.5mm fisheye.

Been eyeing up a Fuji XT2. But if I swap I'd probably end up with the XT2 and a 18-55.

Or another option is a D71/200 and a couple of lenses.

Need to sit down and work out the pros and cons of all options.

Just set up a saved search for a Bronica RF645.
Part of me hopes it will never alert me...

Back