The GAS confessional - all who suffer are welcome. :)

I got a new keyboard, does that count?

nyxwAND.jpg

Sony 70-200 F4 while there's £80 cashback (wex)
I had the similar one with Canon - sold - and didn't use it all that much, but with extra reach of APS-C mode on A7iii I think it will be more useful.

Come think of it I just realised Ive actually bought a MCEX-11 this summer to use with the MCEX-16 and 100-400mm after deciding the Meike plastic fantastic probably wouldnt stand the load and break if I wasnt carefull.

Have went a bit nuts in the last week or two.

Have bought;

Tamron 17-28mm f/2.8
Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8
Sony FE35mm f/1.8
Sony 135mm f/1.8

Also have an A7RIV and a 200-600 on pre-order. :oops: :$

Have bought;

Tamron 17-28mm f/2.8
Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8
Sony FE35mm f/1.8
Sony 135mm f/1.8

Where are you ordering the Tamron 17-28?

Have bought;

Tamron 17-28mm f/2.8
Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8
Sony FE35mm f/1.8
Sony 135mm f/1.8

First class binge buying there; any remorse? The drought to come might be hard... unless you have won the lottery. :)

Any particular reason why there instead of direct?

They had stock available on eBay for next day delivery and I wanted it for a wedding. There was also an eBay discount code for 10% off at the time.

First class binge buying there; any remorse? The drought to come might be hard... unless you have won the lottery. :)

Not yet. :LOL: Just bought a Sony FE85 f/1.8 from the classifieds as well.

Last edited:
I wish to confess to suffering from GASius Interuptus. I keep thinking I'd like a new camera or lens. Then I look at what I already have and realise that there's nothing I really want to change.

I need help! Now!!! :runaway:

I wish to confess to suffering from GASius Interuptus. I keep thinking I'd like a new camera or lens. Then I look at what I already have and realise that there's nothing I really want to change.

I need help! Now!!! :runaway:
Snap; it’s very vexing when there are no excuses.... ;)

1566371184674.png

Buy meee buy meeeee BUY MEEEEE

DSCF8683-Fotoklub.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Now I have the 16mm I am stopping, as it would be silly if I got anything else so I`m happy with my kit now.
Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

Doctor! I think this one needs your immediate attention! :naughty:

Now I have the 16mm I am stopping, as it would be silly if I got anything else so I`m happy with my kit now.

I’ve heard that quote from somewhere......where was it.......

I now know what I really, really need: in body stabilisation of at least 12 stops so I can shoot prop engined aircraft at 1/30th with a 800mm lens...

:sulk:

I now know what I really, really need: in body stabilisation of at least 12 stops so I can shoot prop engined aircraft at 1/30th with a 800mm lens...

I want that same camera thanks, but with a cherry of a 50-200 f/1.0 lens that is corner to corner sharp wide open that can do 2:1 macro at every focal length on top! :D Oh, can I have it for less than £500 too? sweet, I'll buy 2

Whoops
Ahh feeling much betterlaowa-25mm-f2.8-2.5x-5x-side.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
:ROFLMAO::cool:

Since getting my accreditation for the coming season, I have been hankering after a wide prime. I have the 35f 1.4ii. I almost bought Raymond's 20mm Sigma but my accreditation hadn’t come through - by about 3 days. Hmm???

Didn’t realise a godox sk400ii would come in such a large box, awaiting an opportunity to sneak it into house when other half isn’t looking....

May as well state my GAS, as a budget shooter I'm forever chopping and changing within some boring limitations [would have it all at once if I didn't need to eat or keep warm!], always an urge for the other thing ... over there!

After switching back to Fuji 5 months or so back I was adapting cheap Canon lenses only via an over-priced [fringer pro] adapter for a bit, before selling on some Canon lenses to get some actual Fuji lens - got the 35F2 and the 16-55 2.8, still not happy! always fancied that lovely 16 1.4, so sold both of those, got the 16 1.4 and been pondering on what to do with the change since. The 50 F2 that @Dave70D just bought looks a little cracker! But since I couldn't shift the EF adapter that I was trying to, I have been looking to EF lenses also. The Tamron 35 1.8 looks incredible for what it is [a basic 35mm prime but with VC that I don't need on the X-H1] - it's got 1:2.5 magnification with excellent close focus abilities and going on reviews and DXOmark is also an extremely sharp lens even wide open ... BUT, it suffers that purple fringing thingy which is a bit off putting and the AF might not be the best. I'd also love a nice tele lens [using a cheapo Canon 55-250 STM atm] and eyeing the likes of the Sigma or Tamron 100-400 as more budget friendly alternatives to the [much more] pricey Fuji 100-400. On the other hand I've been looking to Sony FF for a long time - the A7III with a couple of nice primes would see me right for a while, scrape together some funds for some form of tele for that system ... I also really like the look of the Nikon Z6, being an ex-Nikon user. That with the FTZ adapter and the 24-70 F4 [from what I've seen a very under-rated lens] with some older cheap FX primes would be sweet enough for me. But there's that XQD card nonsense, needing to buy a couple those and an XQD card reader is the over expense that would p*** me off - I would never write off buying an EOS R or even RP either, but they lack IBIS. I think if they had it I'd more seriously consider them as i do really like some Canon lenses and they would be best on that system.

SO yeah, even those who can't afford to, still get 'G.A.S' big time.

Last edited:
Didn’t realise a godox sk400ii would come in such a large box, awaiting an opportunity to sneak it into house when other half isn’t looking....

Ha, yes, I got the QT400 last week and it is enormous!

Compare to the Elinchrome Strobe I got before, the box is twice as big or more. That's a 27" monitor behind that.

lFQdAWk.jpg

I just bought a Canon 5ds, for no other reason than the number 50.

However, despite its other limitations I really like what it can do.

I may feel differently next week.

Last edited:

Surely 1/30 is too slow, it will give multiple prop rotations rather than just a satisfactory blur, even at 1/60 the prop tends to disappear on many aircraft. A good AF 300-800mm f/4 lens that's light enough to carry would do me fine.:whistle:

Surely 1/30 is too slow, it will give multiple prop rotations rather than just a satisfactory blur, even at 1/60 the prop tends to disappear on many aircraft.
Keep out of my fantasies. It's already crowded enough in here as it is! :naughty:

Bought a fisheye lens today, why do I keep doing this to myself?!?!?!?!?

The curse of the fisheye has struck. First it starts with full frame...

Olympus E-PL5 8GB 03 P1140002.JPG

...then: before you know it you're a victim of the dreaded circle...

Nikon Coolpix 990 Fisheye DSCN1632.JPG

and soon there is no hope at all.....

:wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed:

The curse of the fisheye has struck. First it starts with full frame...

View attachment 254482

...then: before you know it you're a victim of the dreaded circle...

View attachment 254483

and soon there is no hope at all.....

:wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed:
I thought the round models usually came first (as cheap converters)
You've still got the full 360º model to get (a hyperbolic mirror that mounts in front of the lens)

I thought the round models usually came first (as cheap converters)
You've still got the full 360º model to get (a hyperbolic mirror that mounts in front of the lens)
The first (and most expensive) 180° was available from Nikon in the 1960s and could only be mounted on a Nikon F with the mirror up. There's an article here: https://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/8mm-f8.htm. My 180° is also a Nikon lens but it's the far cheaper FC-E8 converter for the Coolpix 990: a 3.4MP camera I bought new in 2000.

Back