The GAS confessional - all who suffer are welcome. :)

Damn it, my finger twitched and I will soon to be the proud owner of a Nikon 50mm pancake lens. I don't need one but it was a good price and I hope it will be a fun lens to play with.........
I don't want to think about how many 50mm or equivalent lenses I've bought over the years! :eek::ROFLMAO:

Loads of reduced Nikon and Sony stuff in John Lewis Solihull (stock from Birmingham) if people are interested.
Thanks for the heads up, but it wouldn't go down to well with the other half if I spent anymore on camera gear this month, I went to Grays of Westminster on Tuesday to pick up 2 Beenie hats, ended up buying a 18-140 Z lens for my Z50.

I did look in the window of Mr Cad, just had to walk away,as they had some very nice Bronica stuff there....

OK...fess up...who ordered the brand spanking new Fuji X-T4 in my name which was delivered yesterday?
I think TP are missing a trick here.
For a small fee they could offer as service in which they send out a letter on the lines of, " Congratulations on winning the monthly competition. We are pleased to say your (inset item to be "cloaked") will be arriving by courier shortly. :D

I'll confess.... I have become an addict!!!

Last year started off with me owning a Nikon D7000 and an 18-140mm which Id owned for about 6 years....

I'd previously owned a D200 and in March I acquired a very low shutter count mint example and that was the beginning of my addiction.... By August I'd also acquired a mint low shutter count D610 and gradually GAS was taking over my life....I have since traded in the D7000 and my DX lenses and have been gradually adding FX lenses to my collection. The recent ddition of a low shutter mint D800 and a 300mm prime has made me realise I'm an addict and need to stop myself buying any more lenses.... Enough is enough!!

My other half has also been treated to a Nikon D90 with a mint 28-105mm AF D for her to play around with.... Since treating her to that she's never said a word about my growing collection...

:D:D:D

Having had my Canon R3 for four months I now am itching to get some of that RF glass but . . . . I was hoping to win the Euro Millions. Oh, well the RF 15-35mm f2.8L, RF 24-70mm f2.8 L and RF 70-200mm f2.8 L will have to wait for a few more years :(
How is yourR3 and what do you shoot?

An R3, 1DX3 and an R5 in the same house - £££! Just sold my 1Dx2 - thinking what to do next…

I'm always window shopping me lol. Still deciding on whether to keep my S5 kit or PEx it for the new A7IV or R6. Really envious of the animal eye detection on some of the other brands :-( Maybe Panasonic have something up their sleeves in regards to this, in which case, I'm still hankering after the 70-200 2.8 lol

Last edited:
Well I’ve bought a drop-in 52mm circular polariser for my Nikon 300mm & 400mm f/2.8 lenses and I’m well happy. Been after one for ages.

I feel it may be coming to time to exchange the ~1 year old 24-70 and 70-200s for their RF counterparts.. :cautious:

I am temporarily reformed. I decided that buying a Fujifilm X100V would solve my problem. It arrived on Tuesday and I have been free from temptation since last Wednesday. That said the new DJI drone looks interesting.
Temporary gas...

Actually talked myself out of buying another new bag today…

…staying strong

Having had my Canon R3 for four months I now am itching to get some of that RF glass but . . . . I was hoping to win the Euro Millions. Oh, well the RF 15-35mm f2.8L, RF 24-70mm f2.8 L and RF 70-200mm f2.8 L will have to wait for a few more years :(
Is the RF glass so much better? I've swapped camera bodies to R5 but so far held off replacing any of the EF lenses as they are working flawlessly.

Bought myself a used RF35mm today - a reward for something positive that happened this week. That is my excuse and I am sticking to it. :exit:

Bought myself a used RF35mm today - a reward for something positive that happened this week. That is my excuse and I am sticking to it. :exit:

Happy to chat when the guilt sets in and you feel you need to offload it ;)

Happy to chat when the guilt sets in and you feel you need to offload it ;)
:D You might have to wait a while; my impulse buys are never actually impulse buys but part of a long dance which my wife finds vaguely amusing. I was fortunate to be passing the city with the cheapest copy available in the country - including new grey. I was a bit startled that Panamoz [never used them] was higher than the RRP here. Odd when the last time I checked, the R5 was the lowest price I could find anywhere.

Is the RF glass so much better? I've swapped camera bodies to R5 but so far held off replacing any of the EF lenses as they are working flawlessly.

The only 2 I would say are “night and day” difference in quality are the 1.2 primes compared to their EF counterparts.

The 70-200 2.8 (from an IQ perspective alone) isn’t worth the upgrade from the EF version in my opinion.
Some say both the focus speed and IS are much better. But I had no problems with either on my Mark II version.

If (like myself) the adapter doesn’t bother you. I’d save your cash.

The only 2 I would say are “night and day” difference in quality are the 1.2 primes compared to their EF counterparts.

The 70-200 2.8 (from an IQ perspective alone) isn’t worth the upgrade from the EF version in my opinion.
Some say both the focus speed and IS are much better. But I had no problems with either on my Mark II version.

If (like myself) the adapter doesn’t bother you. I’d save your cash.
Thanks James, this is very helpful. I have the 70-200 2.8 v2 and it is working great, I'm not bothered by the adapter or the weight in any way. I did have the EF 1.2 primes but they were so slow to focus that I found them unusable for events and switched to the 1.4 versions, 85 from canon and 50 from sigma, both also working great with the adapter.

I just bought a new Smallrig L bracket.

Trying to keep the purchases as insignificant as possible as still paying off this years holiday to Turkey :)

Back