The General Drone-Related Thread

I've just sold one!.Gutted though tbh.Know someone selling a yuneec breeze though at a cracking price..are they any good?

I have no idea! When I was demoing the Inspire than I sold earlier, I had a lot of regret. The thing is beautiful to fly!

Last edited:
I bet! Not really looked at the breeze until I heard about this one for sale.Looks quite good for the money

Not quite on topic but there was drone racing on Sky Sports Mix (ch 407) around 7pm tonight - looked good fun!

I rather doubt that any NT owned structure would be under any "person in charge of the aircraft" which would suggest that overflight of any of their properties might well be frowned upon - fences can be considered structures (try putting up a 10' fence and see what the planners have to say about it!)

You're going to struggle flying anywhere in the UK if you aren't even allowed to fly near a fence.
It's pretty obvious that isn't the intended interpretation of "structure" in this context.

But it COULD be interpreted that way by the NT and could be used as ammunition to (legally) stop people flying over their property.

As you say, following the letter of the regulations, it's pretty hard to fly anywhere in the UK (without obtaining the permissions that Ricardo has.)

But it COULD be interpreted that way by the NT and could be used as ammunition to (legally) stop people flying over their property.

As you say, following the letter of the regulations, it's pretty hard to fly anywhere in the UK (without obtaining the permissions that Ricardo has.)

No it's not. Most of the uk is class g airspace. It's only hard if you make it so

I'm just imagining the fence argument being used at anytime. I'm sure they stop laughing long enough to point and grin at you

Last edited:
So breeze any good?..Been offered one with extra battery hardly used etc?..

nope but depends what price it was offered at I guess..lol
I'm debating one of these versus the Dobby. The IS issue is a complete non-starter for this class of drone, these are meant for s***s and giggles, not documentary film making. If it's being offered at a good price you'll easily recoup your money If you don't like it, most likely from me :D

My thoughts to Ron..I thought it looked better than the dobby tbh but admittedly not read up to much about it.

My thoughts to Ron..I thought it looked better than the dobby tbh but admittedly not read up to much about it.
Yup, I reckon the Breeze is the more capable of the two, the attraction of the Dobby is just now small it is, footage is electronically stabilised again, but I've found smaller size means greater tolerance. If I'm out messing in the garden with my little Hubsan people tend to be amused by it, fly the typhoon H and people assume I'm spying on them.

lol yeah I know what you mean! Shame the dobby only has 5 minute flying time compared to 10 or so of the breeze.

lol yeah I know what you mean! Shame the dobby only has 5 minute flying time compared to 10 or so of the breeze.
Also worth noting that ZeroTech, them of the Dobby, don't have an EU distributor at present, so warranty issues might be a PITA. I've only have reason to get in touch with Yuneec UK customer service once, but they got back to me quickly and efficiently, so +1 for that. And the camera angle on the Breeze can be altered in flight, on the Dobby it's manually set before flight. But still, it's so small and awesome... Gaaah!

Such a shame you've sold Stuart! Mines not seeing much use either at the moment but I'm holding off until the weather warms back up or we have some white stuff to fly it over.

Such a shame you've sold Stuart! Mines not seeing much use either at the moment but I'm holding off until the weather warms back up or we have some white stuff to fly it over.
I know mate I am even more gutted now as the breeze I was contemplating has sold now lol

I don't think I'll be spending the 6k plus for this, even though it has a better feature set than my x5 pro, more isn't always more and working with 5.2k raw files would require some serious PP and equipment. If i get hired for something that requires it maybe,
but right now it's a no from me!

so thats he price of an ipad pretty much. I can see the advantage of a built in screen though, the amount of times i've been out with my phantom and inspire, decided to take the phantom on a hike and then realised my ipad is in the case with the other drone are pretty frequent! luckily i have the dji go app on my iphone!

Interesting that the supplied screen is a tweaked android tablet considering they seem very chummy with Apple.
Has anyone checked the latest Android DJI Go app, seen something about mapping no longer seems to be using google maps.

Will be keeping an eye on the P4 Pro, sold on my Yuneec Pro Realsense as Ithe sheer bulk was off putting meaning I wasn't use it enough but keen on a DJI early next year as they seem more portable and theres just a wider range of accessories/bags available - keen on something I can carry along with some of my Fuji camera kit (Like some of the Lowepro Bags). 20mp sensor seems a big step up for drones!

I've been looking at the Inspire 2 specs. It is one serious and expensive drone! All that money up in the air, but still dependent on 4 motors is a scary thought.

I've been looking at the Inspire 2 specs. It is one serious and expensive drone! All that money up in the air, but still dependent on 4 motors is a scary thought.

I've done the same. Just done a rough add up of how much a set up would be to match my existing Inspire Pro kit and it's the thick end of £8000 :eek::eek::eek:

I'm with you, way too much to have flying around. For that sort of money, I think the Matrice 600 or the S1000 are much less risky options

I've done the same. Just done a rough add up of how much a set up would be to match my existing Inspire Pro kit and it's the thick end of £8000 :eek::eek::eek:

I'm with you, way too much to have flying around. For that sort of money, I think the Matrice 600 or the S1000 are much less risky options

I'm also interested as to how they can manufacture 2 new machines when they can't cope with Mavic Pro orders. I think I'll be waiting months for mine.

My thoughts exactly! The matrice will be the next move for me. Having the option to carry different camera systems with prop redundancy is the way to go at this price point.

Last edited:
Risked flying within 50m of drystone walls and fences for this :eek:
(Phantom 3 Pro)
Only took the one shot and it was a bit soft due to strong wind movement I think, as shutter was 1/250 despite ND8 for video.

31086450815_c6bfc304ea_o.jpg

Last edited:
Mavic expected tomorrow, God I hope it isn't one with wonky focus one side - after waiting almost 2 months.

There seem to have been a few with left side or right side undeniably wrong, you could even focus on that side by tapping it then the rest of the frame went out.
Curiously in some cases it seem to have been fixed by more or less resetting the camera.
Perhaps there is a moving element involved in the focusing which is somehow re-calibrated?
I'm expecting the gimbal cover will be off and rattling about underneath when it arrives - I might actually record opening in case there's any issue.

First Mavic still from RAW.
First impression with stills it seems similar to Phantom3 but colour rendering needs different approach.

30441750333_695c6c24d9_o.jpg

Back