The General Drone-Related Thread

Looks like a good possibility. I did a couple at White Coppice in my early flights Ed.

Paul.
I saw you'd been up the Rivington/Anglezarke area. ;)

Forgot to ask before. Can you only move the raw files via card transfer or can they be sent via the Wi-Fi linking to your phone?

Wasn’t sure if it was just due to me using onboard storage(card arrived today)

All images have been jpeg and can’t wait to see how much better the raw will be

Forgot to ask before. Can you only move the raw files via card transfer or can they be sent via the Wi-Fi linking to your phone?

Wasn’t sure if it was just due to me using onboard storage(card arrived today)

All images have been jpeg and can’t wait to see how much better the raw will be

Card transfer for RAW…..

The University of Central Lancashire - from overhead. See the some of the £60m pound designed building that is the new Students Centre, the Student Union buildings and 53 Degrees bar, St Peters Church (the Art Centre) and more.

Found my first disappointment with the mini 3 pro…
Went to take a pano today while looking down at the point of interest from above. The gimbal then reverts to the starting/ centre point and took the pictures of what was in front.. so your gimbal has to be fixed at the starting point or it will revert.

It also randomly lost connection with the controller when returning and started dating about dead fast before coming back to the home point and landing.. re connected just before it touched down‍‍.

ok so I've only edited jpegs on my phone and thought that was the reason for the bad quality.. having now edited DNG in light room am I just expecting to much or is that a bad copy.
all images are a mushy mess when zoomed in, its hard to show as I came upload full images I had to upload small jpegs which make it look even worse.
even in Lightroom you can hardly make out peoples features on the DNG . all detail just looks blocky

if any one is in the mini 3 pro fb group there are better images posted there

DJI_0010-2.jpg
dji_0011-2-jpg.396139

Attachments

• DJI_0011-2.jpg
    DJI_0011-2.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
They will sometimes need a significant sharpen and if you have the new AI NR that works wonders.
You might try manual settings though auto is generally fine as you can't change aperture anyway.
I do sometimes get odd ones apparently not in focus so do a touch to focus immediately before taking it too.

I understand the limitations, but compère to what I’ve seen online it seems a lot worse.I had someone on fb send me images and I think there’s are definitely sharper with less artefact's(my just seem to get very blocky and mushy)

I’m going to try taking some more images to make sure it’s not user error, if not I’m might return it or try and get a replacement.

I'm mightily impressed with my Mini3Pro images :)Rainbow 02.jpg

Last edited:
Mini Pro 3 incoming - Amazon reduced their price to match the DJI Summer sale 10% off that started yesterday until end of month.

Struggled to find the Fly More Kit in stock anywhere but from the UK DJI Store so that’s on its way from them.

Just need it to stop winding and raining now :rolleyes:

Mini Pro 3 incoming - Amazon reduced their price to match the DJI Summer sale 10% off that started yesterday until end of month.

Struggled to find the Fly More Kit in stock anywhere but from the UK DJI Store so that’s on its way from them.

Just need it to stop winding and raining now :rolleyes:
The kit is Ok and the optimum number of batteries is probably three.
But knowing what I know now I would only buy drone with one included and get one or two of the plus batteries from ebay or ali express.

The church of St James, Whitechapel, is set just below Beacon Fell an area of outstanding natural beauty and is probably built on the site of the private chapel of the Threlfall family of The Ashes farm at Goosnargh where services were recorded in 1581. The small settlement of Whitechapel found in the Lancashire county has existed for centuries, known in the Domesday Book as Threlfall, after the Threlfall family that inhabited the hamlet. The Forest of Bowland borders it where it meets Beacon Fell.

The church of St James is known to have existed in 1650, and it was extensively rebuilt in 1738, 1818, and 1891. Further major work in the form of extensions was carried out in 1930, 1957 and 1994. It became an independent parish in 1846. In the same year Alexander Hoghton removed the bell from the building, promising to replace it when needed. It was not until 1728 that his descendant, Sir Henry de Hoghton (of Hoghton Tower) was asked for its return but he argued that, having no tenants in the Goosnargh area, he had no obligation to do so. He did, however, give the sum of 10 shillings for a new bell.

The church is a Grade II listed building.

Does anyone know the current rules regarding flying in Belgium?

From what I can see they are exceptionally strict, with a height limit of 10m and only over private land for leisure users. There is a lot of reference to this over a number of forums and blogs etc, so it well known. But I cannot find reference to this on the official Belgian govournment website, they seem to only refer to the standard European open category with the usual A1, A2 and A3 sub-classes.

I wonder if they have now fully adopted the European standard and the old 10m rule is no more? I would like to find a definitive answer before I go next week, rather than testing my luck.

Does this help?

Kinda. I have read it before, but that and many other website collate rules from lots of different countries to form an easy one stop place for information. And although it is useful, it is only as accurate as the the last time the owner updated it.

The fact that I cannot find any reference to these rules on the Belgian government website covering drone use makes me wonder if this rule has been dropped. But equally I would expect to be able to find some chatter about that if it were the case.

Kinda. I have read it before, but that and many other website collate rules from lots of different countries to form an easy one stop place for information. And although it is useful, it is only as accurate as the the last time the owner updated it.

The fact that I cannot find any reference to these rules on the Belgian government website covering drone use makes me wonder if this rule has been dropped. But equally I would expect to be able to find some chatter about that if it were the case.
This seems to be a similar case to a lot of EU country’s I’ve found.
I’m away to Crete in two weeks and there are so many conflicting thing online about Greece’s laws/regulations.
Firstly I need to have registered in a EU country and got my AUS operator ID.(ment to be first you visit)
While Greece seems to not be doing this anymore( all links via the EASA site are down)
I’ve read I can only fly ina 50m radius and other things saying I have to apply for any flights I take.. seem to be a total mine field.

I got my OP ID via Switzerland and have sat the A1/A3 test so believe I have everything need for EU regulations but Greek ones I’m still trying to figure out.‍♂️

Will probably take out the DJI Care Refresh to cover any mishaps with my new drone - got 36 hrs remaining to decide.

But, also thinking of public liability insurance too for when I fly it into someone’s head - anyone got this and if so who from? I’m only a recreational flyer.

FPV UK, BMFA and Drone Cover Club all seem to offer liability insurance with their annual memberships. Is this a good option?

A very short break in the wind and rain today allowed me to at least get the thing in the air - never flown or even touched one before so totally new to me.

Initially had a gimbal error on screen but luckily realised that a. the gimbal was not the propellors and b. there was still a black piece of foam behind the gimbal :rolleyes:

Then I couldn't remove the backing paper from my Operator ID sticker but managed eventually and stuck the crinkled ID to the drone. Am printing a new one right now.

Anyhoo - got it in the air - amazed how stable it is and quiet. A bit apprehensive about how far away it went but sure that will subside.

Excited to do some more flights when weather allows - isn't it supposed to be the summer now?

Well done, take it easy and enjoy your self ;)

A very short break in the wind and rain today allowed me to at least get the thing in the air - never flown or even touched one before so totally new to me.

Initially had a gimbal error on screen but luckily realised that a. the gimbal was not the propellors and b. there was still a black piece of foam behind the gimbal :rolleyes:

Then I couldn't remove the backing paper from my Operator ID sticker but managed eventually and stuck the crinkled ID to the drone. Am printing a new one right now.

Anyhoo - got it in the air - amazed how stable it is and quiet. A bit apprehensive about how far away it went but sure that will subside.

Excited to do some more flights when weather allows - isn't it supposed to be the summer now?

Looking good.
I know the spot well but not ventured there with mine yet.

Might share my first video soon, it hasn't seen the light of day yet as it is a bit ropey.

Little steps m8, but looked ok.

Easy to fly aren't they?

Thanks - yes very easy and only had a few minutes between rain showers

Well done, take it easy and enjoy your self ;)

Thanks - so far so good

Looking good.
I know the spot well but not ventured there with mine yet.

Might share my first video soon, it hasn't seen the light of day yet as it is a bit ropey.

Thanks - everyone has to start somewhere and I am a complete newb.

Gives you something to compare to as you improve as well.

Last edited:
Good smooth moves did you get to try spotlight mode?
Absolutely invaluable and can make a smooth video motion which you would run out of fingers doing it manually.

Back