The General Drone-Related Thread

Good smooth moves did you get to try spotlight mode?
Absolutely invaluable and can make a smooth video motion which you would run out of fingers doing it manually.
Thanks, yes was trying to be smooth.

I haven’t really had a chance to try any of the features like spotlight yet but plan to try them all out asap.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4wd
OK, so I’ve literally been flying for like 20 minutes so this is all totally new to me, and the weather is not helping matters.

But I just realised that I can take still photos not just video. Must remember to try this.

Also, that the drone will automatically create 360 photos like this - mind officially blown.

Last edited:
A very short break in the wind and rain today allowed me to at least get the thing in the air - never flown or even touched one before so totally new to me.

Initially had a gimbal error on screen but luckily realised that a. the gimbal was not the propellors and b. there was still a black piece of foam behind the gimbal :rolleyes:

Then I couldn't remove the backing paper from my Operator ID sticker but managed eventually and stuck the crinkled ID to the drone. Am printing a new one right now.

Anyhoo - got it in the air - amazed how stable it is and quiet. A bit apprehensive about how far away it went but sure that will subside.

Excited to do some more flights when weather allows - isn't it supposed to be the summer now?

Subbed to you too bud.

Paul.

Still sulking about being unable to fly my new drone - was perfect blue skies with a few whispy clouds this morning - ideal after the recent rain and overcast skies.
But the wind was regularly gusting to 30mph so thwarted for another day :rolleyes: :confused:

Still sulking about being unable to fly my new drone - was perfect blue skies with a few whispy clouds this morning - ideal after the recent rain and overcast skies.
But the wind was regularly gusting to 30mph so thwarted for another day :rolleyes: :confused:
Do you like just going out with your drone and just flying it? I do. A 5 minute bike ride and I’m out in open countryside, acres and acres of fields. I’ve flown over 1200 kilometres now!
I do like to taKe photographs of churches, you may have seen some of my posts?
But I find it quite relaxing to fly around for an hour or two :)

I agree Norkie. I love seeing things from a totaly different angle, just flying around, and it was my drone that brought me back into photography, just being able to take those pics from the air got my creative juices flowing lol.

Those with the mini 3 pro and RC how far do you get or have you gone?

Obviously rules are within view. But realistically when it’s more that 50m away it bloody hard to see.

I got to 500m over fields/ woodland and signal was dropping out.. a lot less that stated performance ( I see a lot of posts on fb saying this is an issue)

Over more or less open fields and moorland can do 2km or so, this is not really what these small photo drones are about though.
In less ideal locations you won't get much more than 500m
And yes you can't reliably see it beyond about 100m (depends on background) and the most recent thing about inexplicably needing to see which way it is facing by looking at it means about 50m.

Yeah, I agree. Very difficult to see at anything more than 100/150 mtrs.. Especially on a sunny day.

Last edited:
I use these for my mini 3 pro.

reflective stickers

I use yellow on right and blue on left, that way it helps to know which way drone is facing and helps to see it further away.

Why not red on the back (like brake lights)?

Do you like just going out with your drone and just flying it? I do. A 5 minute bike ride and I’m out in open countryside, acres and acres of fields. I’ve flown over 1200 kilometres now!
I do like to taKe photographs of churches, you may have seen some of my posts?
But I find it quite relaxing to fly around for an hour or two :)

I agree Norkie. I love seeing things from a totaly different angle, just flying around, and it was my drone that brought me back into photography, just being able to take those pics from the air got my creative juices flowing lol.

This is the main reason for my disappointment - I’ve not yet been able to freely go and fly due to the bloomin weather. I hope that once I do I will be more satisfied with it instead of trying to sell the thing after owning it 2 weeks and only managing 29mins of flight time :(:rolleyes:

This is the main reason for my disappointment - I’ve not yet been able to freely go and fly due to the bloomin weather. I hope that once I do I will be more satisfied with it instead of trying to sell the thing after owning it 2 weeks and only managing 29mins of flight time :(:rolleyes:

The weather around Preston has been abysmal too.

I've done 2 flights 11 and 14 days ago, but since then had little or no opportunity. Its annoying as hell, bbut the day will come again when the Frog takes to the skies again.

Paul.

The weather is always an issue but you'd expect this time of year to be ideal.

Unless you need the money, I'd reconsider selling it, the Mavic 3 Pro is excellent, not the best drone, but its a drone that you can use pretty much anywhere and it's light so you can out it in the camera bag and not notice. I've got a few drones and this is one I use the most. It may not be something you use all the time but when you get the shot you'd never get any other way it's worth it.

no they don't take it over 250g, you don't just slap them on as they are way to big so you need to cut them to fit. As for the colours I used well you have a choice of four diff colours so you can decide which to use and what side you want your self lol. I just picked those colours and placement cos they worked for me.

We only have a small garden. Problem is the apple tree has taken over...

Tree-X2.jpg

Paul.

Jak - we have thrown away probably 200 windfalls already (the apples are mostly not ready for eating yet) and believe me, after 6 apple pies and 6 apple crumbles, you'd want a smaller crop, lol...

Paul.

I use these for my mini 3 pro.

reflective stickers

I use yellow on right and blue on left, that way it helps to know which way drone is facing and helps to see it further away.

I'll give this a go. Stuck a couple on the sides. Need a chance to test it (but my eyes are in their 60's now and it might make no bloody odds!!! :D

Paul.

Back